Why do people do this?

Why do people do this?

To rip people off who don't like to read.

easy way to scam some people.

but some people , myself included , just like to have the boxes. if i buy something used and it doesn't come with packaging i usually look around to see if anyone gives it / sells it. I currently have packaging of every computer part i owned in the past 7 years. And if I could , i would have the motherboard and gpu boxes when i first upgraded back in 2009 but i threw them away at the time.

I mean, keeping the boxes is one thing (I do that too), but buying boxes is just pure autism.

Autism

anyátok/

low function autism

buying an 850 evo box is true autism as there is nothing special about it. but I certainly wouldn't want to skip on a high end motherboard box (z97 g1 wifi-bk comes to mind).

and i honestly wouldn't pay more than 5$ for a box. hence why i wrote if someone gives it as a first choice.

for return purposes.

Believe it or not, some shops will not refund you if you return an item without it's packaging.

Because Hungary is a shithole

Stuff sells better when it has the packaging. This entrepreneurial young man has deduced this drive sells for an additional $14 or more with the packaging.

Sometimes I buy a box for things I'm trying to sell

It attracts more people into buying my stuff vs everyone else's

>buy some ssd from your good friend jamal/vladimir/ahmed/zhang
>buy $14 box from some guy on ebay (or your good friend zhang's fake packaging factory)
>sell for $120+

you want the box... for your ssd?

True, it used to say the resale value is higher if it comes with the original packaging. Though I didn't have my original package when I trade in my g4 for the s8

People buy packaging.

If the guy bought 50x SSD's for his server, and sold each empty box for $14, that's an easy $700 right there.

I can understand it for a game console or maybe a macbook or something but no one will ever want your used Samsung SSD, whether the box is included or not.

>Why do people do this?
because there is a demand for it
don't blame the people selling them

if i'm buying something off CL and the serial number on the box doesn't match what's inside it i'm not fucking buying it

>your SSD stopped working
>Want to return for RMA
>Shop asks for original package
>what do

>Shop asks for original package
that's already illegal in non-thirdworld countries

It's actually illegal in my thirdworld shithole since the 90s.

Put shitty hard drive in packaging, return item without receipt for store credit. Hope they don't check too much

>This.

Because people will buy it, at least they aren't hoarding the boxes like my dad.

Money laundering in the drugs business. Same as keycaps.

For Sup Forums humor threads.

I bought a videocard box one time for the UPC so I could RMA that shit.

I buy used SSD's and source Samsung enclosures from Korea and China then stick the old used SSD into the enclosure and then into genuine packaging and sell them to idiots. I make around $70 profit per SSD, my best was a bulk buy where I made $15000 in one go from an online store who needed them.

I do the same.
I get more money when I sell items with original boxes.

>things that never happened

When you opened it did you hear:
>Stop. STOP. STOP! This is not a SSD. This is not a SSD. This is not a SSD. This is not a SSD. This is a product box. It's a box. It's a box for collectors. This is a product box. This is not a SSD. STOP! READ. READ the description. This is not a SSD.
>Still, after this, people will still be ignorant and buy it. This is a not a SSD. STOP. READ. READ what this is. This is a product box. This is not a SSD. STOP and read. READ THE DESCRIPTION. READ THE DESCRIPTION.