/clg/ - Krog's List Horrors

Post "steals".

>Not realizing you can sell that DDR2 RAM for a much higher amount

What's wrong with it?

It could just be me, bit all those connectors look corroded as fuck.

that is actually pretty good , considering that if the ram is ddr2 it can be sold for double what you pay for the whole thing (provided it's 800mhz).

where i live (hint: poor) you would sell this for 150$ at least. ram is worth close to 100. cpu is 20-30. the rest depends on quality of the parts. our stores still sell refurbished pentium dual cores , core 2 duos and first gen i3s for office use.

>there's actually somewhere on this planet where a core2 is worth money
goddamn I love being white

Not you

Fuck me, this thread is making me sad. I'm trying to sell some guts from my old Sup Forums-built machine and no one's even sending offers. 2 sticks of 1GB DDR2-800 along with the mobo, CPU and graphics all in working order. I just want movie theater money. Even got a shitty mobo with a Core2Duo stuck on it that I was gonna throw in for free if the buyer wanted it.

Part it out on fleabay. Especially the RAM.

I don't want to deal with shipping and any PayPal scam bullshit. I'd soon seriously just throw it in the trash for the space it's taking up.

i'm whiter than milk. having some real issues with the sun. I just got born in the wrong country somehow.

Definitely not a fully developed country but also not a third world shithole.

Which one?

>total of 8 12GB

i'm literally embarrassed to say. let's just say eastern europe and leave it at that.

What's this about ddr2 being worth a lot? Is this a meme?

Who the fuck is retarded enough to buy old useless shit?

I got a box full of RAM. Hell I got some RAMBUS memory. I bet some basement dweller would cream his jeans for that.

>thought selling all my unused tech would be pretty easy and fast if I had good prices
>Hi! I didn't read the description
>Hi! I want to buy your item, but will disappear forever shortly after this
>Hi! I didn't read the description
>Hi! I never reply to messages
>Hi! Would you take half of what your listed firm and stated non-negotiable price is? I could meet you today :)
>Hi! I clicked the button that says I want to buy your item but will only offer you half
>I'm a fucking idiot
>Hey there. I have cash and I'm not a flaker, when can we meet? Ok cool, see you then.

The buyers who are polite and don't waste your time always look like they're at least 30 or over.

Holy fuck this.

I have an older machine with 32gb ddr2 ecc ram no one is picking up locally so I think it's time for me to part it out.

bought i5 6500, 16GB RAM, motherboard and cooler for 240€ on ebay, the RAM alone was worth over 100€

and then seller idiot shipped it without any cushioning in a giant box with the cooler attached, one RAM stick died too

RMA'd the RAM, luckily nothing else was destroyed

Eastern Poland?

What kind of RAM?

>DDR2 ECC
sadly, ECC memory is worth dick nowadays.

on the flipside, ECC memory is sold by the bucket - if you ever needed a high-memory server that didn't need too much CPU power, now's the time to build one.

What the hell would people need DDR2 for except for legacy systems?

Legacy systems

Lots of people own older servers that still take DDR2
So yeah, legacy systems

surface rust at worst. easily fixed with a rag and WD40.

theres gotta be a catch.

Get a can of contact cleaner
Problem solved

>theres gotta be a catch.
Chances are it's from a miner faggot who bought a combo deal just for the graphics card and is then flogging the excess parts cheap.

If I sell something online , I post in the description that if you send me emails asking to barter I will spend and hour of my time signing them up for mailing lists and spam .

You don't tell old people what the fuck they want, you shut up and take their money.