Sick of seeing this shit in my logs

| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:52 -0400 | GET /apple-touch-icon-120x120-precomposed.png HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:52 -0400 | GET /apple-touch-icon-120x120.png HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:52 -0400 | GET /apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:52 -0400 | GET /apple-touch-icon.png HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:52 -0400 | GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:53 -0400 | GET /apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:53 -0400 | GET /apple-touch-icon.png HTTP/1.1 |
| 18/Aug/2017:20:59:53 -0400 | GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1 |

are you retarded

what do you mean sir

do you know what any of those are

Obviously a stego attack. The concern is valid.

ignore the favicon. I'm talking about the apple shit

I hope you're joking

What about it? No harm done.

>reading logs
Are you autistic?

It clogs up my logs. I don't appreciate it.

Senpai, those are legit GET requests tho, technically. Can you not just filter them?

Who made them legit? Steve Jobs?

The bottom favicon GET request is for devices besides apple so go fuck urself. It's called at the head of every page. It's an image request. It is therefore a separate GET request just like any external script or stylesheet

I SAID IGNORE THE FAVICON IM TALKING ABOUT THE GOD DAMN APPLE SHIT

Find the fucking favico html in the head and fucking delete it. Learn how to webdev

>creates logs
>doesn't read them
Are you retarded?

>apple

Welcome to the botnet.

ITS NOT THERE AT ALL. ITS REQUESTING IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ONE AT ALL SO I GUESS I HAVE TO MAKE ONE.

You're funny dude. If it's a cms like WordPress it may be an option. PHP often generates it dynamically in a function also. So look into any functions that are called in the head

Its the NSA/CIA/FBI or any other 3 letter organization spying on you.. Have you seen any new vans parked near your house?

OK here's a proper reply to your question.

These images are requested by iOS devices. On Safari, the user can add the website as an app icon on the home screen. Android has a similar feature. (There is an HTML tag you can add to your site that will make iOS open the website in fullscreen once added, giving the user the impression that the website is an app.)

The point of a log is to log everything that happens. Say you turn off logging requests for these files. Then someone starts repeatedly requesting these files, eating up your resources. Your logs show nothing because you disabled logging for these files. So that's not the way to go.

If you're frustrated by these entries, you should know that web servers often receive requests for folders like /phpmyadmin or a bunch of HTTP encoding characters (like %20) from bots automatically finding vulnerabilities, abandoned or uninitialized scripts.

When viewing logs, you can make some sort of regular expression or program (If line contains apple-touch-icon, remove the line) and run it whenever you view the log.

On a popular website, you won't have time nor interest to consider these requests.

Yeah, I had that too. I just put the files there and got on with my day because
a) it takes 45 seconds
b) apple isn't going away no matter how much you hate them
c) I'm not a fucking spastic that gets asshurt over a few lines in a log file

If you hate it that much, make them all pictures of goatse.