/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/threads/how-to-automatically-eq-your-headphones-to-online-measurements-a-step-by-step-guide.854773/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HD600 is the best headphone in existence and dipolar is a retarded fag.

What's the second most anime headphone behind the AKG K701?

No need to be so irritated, user. People have their preferences

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

he's a retard, but he's a funny retard (sometimes). his music taste is entry level as fuck though

>in my opinion

snap free

*blushes uncontrollably*

I'm listening to electro quarterstaff right now, is that entry level too? What qualified as mid/high level?

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Nice hat, and nice headphones.

electro quarterstaff is just shite man

Kek. That's barely larger than your head!

KIll yourself you poorfag

Sorry maybe another model would be better for the needs of your wide head.

Imagine buying HD600s literally just so you fit it on Sup Forums lmao

Snap free over here too.

Imagine not owning HD600s leaving you with a bitter existence.

You don't even need to buy them. Just shill them endlessly, blanket recommend them and if they're above a persons budget tell them to save up, and misinterpret graphs all day.

Hey /hpg/, I wanted the HD 600 but bought the DT 880 just so I don't fall for the meme. But seriously, how do I EQ these to sound like HD 600?

Guess you're feeling the beyersremorse... :^}

So what's this other tier of music you're referring to?

>Budget - $300 or so..
>Location - US
>Source - amp recommendations?
>Type of headphone - full-size
>Open or closed - closed
>Comfort level - very comfortable
>Sound signature - bright to neutral

Imagine being this autistic

>beyersremorse... :^}
lol

MSR7 + SMSL Idea

>Headband not even stretched
I shiggy diggy

Eq them to have no bass and treble, then report back for results

Thank you. What if I added $100 to the budget?

My rec wouldn't change. Maybe the MSR7BTNC? Supposedly sounds the same as the MSR7 when wired but has additional random crap in case you ever wanted it.

>how do I EQ these to sound like HD 600?
There

Got product names confused, it's the DSR7BT and MSR7NC.

HD600 babbies are in the first row

K, think I'm gonna do it. Is the noise-canceling version MSR7NC the superior version?

Any negatives for going wireless? Not having a cord seems great.

> just lost my fucking shure earbud again

I'm done. what the fuck man.

what pair of headphones won't fucking break and is one peice

same non from last thread asking about pads

I think after all the reviews and guides on how to mod them, I'm really liking what I'm hearing about the m1060 rev2 headphones. Just ordered a pair that should arrive next week. Going to do a follow-up post with my impressions before and after I mod them. Ordering some Ori pads from ZMF because I prefer lambskin to pleather but other than that, these are looking like my gateway into mid-fi purgatory hell for the foreseeable future.

i'm dumbass
i choose and bought DT770 (80 Ohm) after recomendation
and it's arrived today,

but i have to buy Jack becuase i can't put it in my PC
will 3.5mm Jack affects on my headphone sounds?

No

Well, it's a relatively unknown model. I don't think I've seen measurements for it. Speculation says it sounds the same as MSR7 but who knows for sure. Also I think it has some strange fuckery with the built in DAC which means you have to plug it in to USB instead of regular analog.
It sounds the same as the MSR7 just with a bit of noise cancelling. Not Bluetooth though.

Isn't the cable already terminated in 3.5?

Don't forget the massive bass rolloff

no it just came with 6.35

"The DT 770 PRO features 32, 80 or 250 ohm drivers and a gold plated 3.5 mm stereo jack with 1/4" inch adapter"

???

Can't you unscrew the adapter?

99% positive the 6.3mm is a screw on adapter.

>unscrew adaptor
fuck, i think i'm really dumb

>not having a 3.5 into a quarterinch back into 3.5 adapters to open up the soundstage
enjoy your shitty sound in your head lmao

it's okay, user, you didn't know

It was my first time seeing an adapter like that too. Enjoy the 770s, they're fun

Checked and I laughed but be nice

> massive

It's above neutral for almost its entirety. Only drops bellow 0 at 40Hz

Thanks, I went with the MSR7NC.

Hope you enjoy them.

Good job not knowing how to read a frequency response graph you fucking r/headphones retard

Assuming you're actually serious, head-fi.org/threads/how-to-automatically-eq-your-headphones-to-online-measurements-a-step-by-step-guide.854773/ contains instructions on how to simulate one headphone through another given measurements of each from the same website.

Hey Sup Forums
I'm looking for headphones that are invisible?
headphones that are very difficult for anyone looking at you to notice they're there. sound quality isnt as important

id like them rather cheap

In case it isn't obvious from reading the link, you'd want to use file menu => Import Frequency Response to import the frequency response of the DT880, set the house curve as the frequency response of the HD600 then automatically EQ to the house curve.

Also, this will provide a rough simulation, but probably not a perfectly accurate simulation, since this technique cannot simulate how a different headphone would interact, resonance wise, with your unique ears.

>>/sqt/

Its a valid question

If I can unscrew the adapter on my DT1990s, you should be able to on yours.

>he paid $600 for headphones that sound worse than a $10 KSC-75

>Inb4 user is going to shill HD 600s instead

What do I do while waiting for HD6xx

Leave your basement and socialize with your friends a bit

I don't live in a country where basements exist
and no freds

Thank you for being kind enough to respond helpfully to my retarded shitposting, seriously. Good weekend to you, user

kek, whatever you say, kid

not him but you paid triple the price for shittier dt990s

How so? Any objective facts, or just generic shitposting?

Nah, i'm pretty sure you're him

>No freds
:(

did you even check frequency response measurements?

good for you, shitposter.

Then prove me wrong :^)

you'll just post some shit about html editing
>smiley with carat nose
back to r/headphones you go

I promise I won't, if you even know how :^)

Good! Now, that wasn't so hard, was it? Why even claim about "HTML editing" when you're phone posting anyway, you dumb phone poster

>phone posting
How stupid can you be?

>Denying phone posting with that screenshot
Kek

just how deep will the Redditor dig his grave

Idol trash here.
Please don't misuse nico for shitposting.

I figured if you weren't being serious maybe someone else would take interest in simulating one headphone through another. Good weekend to you, too.

Does it matter? You'll be gone once summer ends anyway

Gotta be nice to nico senpai.

>summer
that explains why you decided to come shitpost on the big bad website known as Sup Forums, how is your first day here?

no

>smug anime reaction images don't have unix timestamps
confirmed reddit

Honestly not for this pair. Users said they had less of the harsh treble beyers are famous for, and the lows are pronounced (but not as strong as I would usually like for some EDM). This convinced me to pick them up over the older model.

I'm happy with them. It's fun to listen to everything and find little details in music you may have not noticed before (for better or for worse).

>that explains why you decided to come shitpost on the big bad website known as Sup Forums, how is your first day here?
pls lrn englsh frst sempay

>Users said they had less of the harsh treble beyers are famous for
they say that about literally every new beyer that comes out and it's never true

>Le Reddit boogeyman

I hope you weren't the autist who started an argument with , my kind user

more dt1990 treble rape

Hearing is largely subjective and dependent on one's ear, though.

You can only really go by what you hear when you listen to a headphone. A graph isn't a tell-all for one's experience.

If user wasn't bothered by the treble, why should there be a problem? What headphones to you own anyway?

>why should there be a problem?
because he ignorantly scoffed at someone who said he bought overpriced headphones that sound worse than $10 koss on-ears (which they do) and questioned when someone said they were overpriced dt990s (which they are)

So, I've been using my HD598 for almost 6 years now and I want to buy a new headphone. What do you guys recommend that is a straight upgrade from it but not too much more expensive?

HD600
D

>Because he ignorantly scoffed at someone
You mean you? What headphones are you currently using anyway?

HD600, obviously.