2 days till coffee lake launch

Who here is geniune excited about intel new lauch?

What we know about leaks
>8700K 6 cores
>4.6 ghz turbo
>4.3 ghz auto turbo all cores
>95w tdp, probably able to 5ghz all clocks with less than 160W
>Confirmed 11% better single thread
>Confirmed 51% better multi thread
>Rumor its beating even 1700 poozens in multthread
>Spanks every ryzen in single thread
>Rumors its gonna be compatible with z170/z270
>probably not soldered

This is what happens when intel decide to work.

Other urls found in this thread:

segmentnext.com/2017/08/18/intels-coffee-lake-performance-leaked-11-faster-7700k/
pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-coffee-lake-vs-kaby-lake
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"infinity glue"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"toy cores"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"toy rupee"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"unicorn memory"/
rbt.asia/g/search/image/zlYXrSRpO_SPE-3jRon0vw/
rbt.asia/g/search/image/DslnBsofUjDGAGDLjsFdVg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Confirmed 11% better single thread
>Confirmed 51% better multi thread

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, no.

>Compatible with z170 and z270
Don't spread lies user.

stay mad
segmentnext.com/2017/08/18/intels-coffee-lake-performance-leaked-11-faster-7700k/

Intel Coffee Lake gaming chips to be nearly 20% faster than Kaby Lake
pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-coffee-lake-vs-kaby-lake

At least when intel gives performance info, i know its closer to reality than vega fantasies. Intel doesnt even care to limit the leaks like AMD supersecret numbers that show dissapointments

>launch
"""""announcement"""""

>Rumors its gonna be compatible with z170/z270
Yeah no one really thinks that

Its a rumor, its not confirmed but have sources intel will. We will know it monday.

It still bugs me i have a z170 with a heatpipe and 2 vrm heatskink assrock while intel wrongly rushes skx with such selection of poor motherboards

based

>50% more cores
>11% better single thread
>51% better multi thread
Huh?

>10nm inferior to 14nm++
Nah, this doesn't add up. Either the TDP is way off or they're cherry picking performance numbers.

Why did you post a TR box OP? What does a 6c/6t processor have to do with a 16c/32t HEDT?

Yeah, just like how Kaby Lake was a 15% improvement*

* = on sysmark, optimized for this latest generation only

This is still 14nm, 10nm still has 1.7% yields.

6 core 12 threads with superior single threaded performance compared to a 7700k sounds really good. i just hope it's not super expensive. if they price it the same as how much the 7700k is now i would actually buy that. it would be the GOAT gaming cpu and be good a productivity as well. it's like a 7700k merged with a r5 1600

Probably same power consumption, kek.

Even so, I seriously doubt they're going to get the same TDP with 50% more cores and get more performance per core with the same process node. Something's not right.

> 11% faster single thread performance
yeah right, just like the 10% from skylake

>compatible with Z170/Z270
Wanna know how I know you're a shill?

Kill yourself, BR glueeater.
Because it's a shitty photoshop made by the same favela monkey that's been shitting up the forum for months now.

rbt.asia/g/search/text/"infinity glue"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"toy cores"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"toy rupee"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"unicorn memory"/
rbt.asia/g/search/image/zlYXrSRpO_SPE-3jRon0vw/
rbt.asia/g/search/image/DslnBsofUjDGAGDLjsFdVg/

Damn, at least when AMD spreads lies to create hype everyone admits they were lies after the product is released, not like this shit where Intel cherry picks the fuck out of shit to make unrealistic claims.

The day intel can legit make a cpu that has 10% increase in ipc performance I'll buy the highest end desktop gaymer cpu regardless what amd has to offer.

>Source: Software that uses ICC
>Performance may way on other compilers*

Rumor put it around 400-500$.
For gayming crowd its probably going to be the next better chip: high perforance on single thread, more cores, probably able to overclock to moon.

Its the final refinement of 14nm. Intel managed to pack more cores, and the already very good frequency / perf ratio

>But muh house fires

Yah that is what happens when you oc 4.6 ghz on a 10 core chip. Kaby lake is already very efficient, doing around 1.34v to reach 5 ghz on 4 cores. I bet it will be stock 4.3 ghz turbo all clocks with less than 1.1v. SKX stock already manages it.

Who cares? This chip is mainstream platform, and probably aimed at gayming and windows usage, which is mostly compiled for intel/windows

Prepare to open wallet

Kill your self amdrone. King pojeet send his regards

The only place I'm seeing anyone say anything about a refinement or 14nm+++ is in reader comments. I don't think it's a refinement, or if it is it's not much of one.

So how much does Intel pay you for this?

S O P A

whats the deal with this "Clock rate on all cores" thing?
I have a 6700k and my bios says that all cores clock speeds are synced.
Ive been under the impression that all of my cores are running at whatever I set them to (anywhere from 4.0 to 4.6).
Am I mislead? Is only one of my cores doing 4.2?

I built an expensive as fuck skylake computer with the intentions of upgrading to "the skylake high performance line" when it gets released because I was lead to believe that it was going to be like those enthusiast 2011 chips where it actually fucking fits in the same socket.
>mfw I find out skylake-x is 4 times the size

I'm excited for coffee lake and probably gonna buy one next year when the mobos with all the features launch but I don't get the amd hate. We would've most likely not gotten this 6 core cpu if it weren't for the ryzen lineup and it might even priced the same as 4 core kaby lake versions. We the consumers are winning, regardless of what side we choose.

Since Skylake X there is 1 new level of turbo, for all, half and single (or dual in skylake x).
Single core turbo on coffee will be up to 4.6.
6700/7700 on turbo hit on a single or half if i remember, but if you have a K its probably set all core turbo synced since it runs at core turbo speeds without much thermal or voltage difference.

Sure i love AMD for that, but intel had coffee lake in roadmap for a long time.
I was a little dissapointed by zen and TR, if single core performance and latency wasnt so poor i would had already purchased one.
Since most of the work i do is on servers, i just a faster gaming chip on home.

6cores/12threads is the problem.
Intel CPUs were always very inefficient when going beyond 4cores.
For example 6900k eats 40% more power going from 4Ghz to 4.3Ghz

The 7900X is "140W" and it uses much more power that other 140W CPUs from Intel, TDP is pretty much a meaningless number at this moment.

I own a 1600X, don't give a fuck about this new bullshit as it runs cool while overclocked and with a basic hyper 212

isn't AMD's stock cooler kinda nice?

X has no cooler

>11% IPC gain
Ya we'll see

>S O P A
Stop Online Piracy Act. Is this being posted, because of net neutrality?

you're not funny

>you're not funny
Wasn't trying to be. Google search shows this, so I'm pretty lost. Didn't sopa happen in 2012?

my wallet is already open let's see if your masters can actually dish out the cpu

>11% single thread performance gain

Sluprin' up the Intel PR cum from the bathroom floor, are we?

>forum
oh the amdrone is newfag from /r/amd
color me surprised

Fucking kill yourself you cannibalistic chimp.

UMA DELICIA

Is this your best shot, shiteating newfag amdrone?

>coffee lake
>finally something new from intel
>more cores
but then I get reminded of
>glued IHS, requires delid
>additional tax for Z chipset mobos
>process ineficient beyond 4c
Is r5 1600 an only option for me? But with intel I feel like I would see an advantage of high single core for muh gaymes.

am4 will support up to 7nm CPUs, most comfy option by far

>forum
>cancerous newfag tries to use the archive to blame someone because this isn't reddit
>absolutely buttblased biased amdtard
>nobody else posts links of shitpost searches about nvidia or intel like him
Just go back to /r/amd and kill yourself. This isn't your safe space.

>Sup Forums is not a forum
And water is not wet?

MOAR COARS
MOAR CHIPSETS
MOAR HOUSEFIRES

Holy fucking shit Intel is disastrously shit at literally everything. I don't want to burn my house to the ground thank you.

I'd like to see the performance
but I wouldn't buy it

>how to spot a newfag

It's part of an old Monkey soup me, Sopa de macao translating to it, google it. Sup Forums revived it recently after a Brazilian Intel shill was exposed.

Just get a Ryzen, Intel has been dicking us around forever.

Did an "old" Sup Forums meme from 2017 really need a revival in 2017, and is it funny?

will my delid kit work on coffee lake cpu?

"Overclock" amd CPUs

I hope so I want to use my rock it cool kit

People who call others new are usually new themselves and they're just trying to fit in.
So back to funnyjunk you go you retard.

DE

>Kaby lake is already very efficient
quad core having the same power consumption as a 8 core is NOT effeicent

I have old x5470 is coffee lake finally CPU worth upgrading to?

or will 2018-2019 bring something special in terms of CPU?

>And makes 8 cores
>8 cores with serious unerperforming issues
That is why a real CPU do more wsttsge.

Now seriously do you really care f it runs at 95 or 150w? A oc 8700k will go around 180w, if performance is okay I don't care at all this is not a laptop

4 efficient and strong Zen cores are infinitely better than 4 stuttery cores.

I do care personally. Electricity ain't particularly cheap here, performance per watt is important.

Wonder if you fags can put "Endlessly shilled for a multi-billion dollar corporation for free" on your resumes.

So what about those i3s compatible with 200 chipsets? Did I dream it?

The i3's with HT and backwards compatibility were a dream.

>power consumption doesn't matter guys!!!
lmao

200w is fucking nothing.
Course having a 400w chip is troublesome as it's hard to dissipate all the heat.

Even so, my 7700k draw 120w oc to 5 GHz so I don't think it's much of trouble if it draws more 60-70w my cooling will be able to deal with it.

How much ? Here energy isn't specially cheap, around 0.75-1$ per kwh. My rig draw around 500w on full power with 2 1080s. Using this rig for 20h a week at full power draw around 40kwh per month per month.

A non oc 8700k or slightly oc with a 1080ti will draw less than 400w at full so what is that about?

>coffee lake
Who the fuck names these things?

Same who say emplicit paralel inplicit some shit epyc.

Personally I'm waiting for fire lake

>$0.75/kWh
What the fuck. Where do you live? That's several times higher than the average US rate. You absolutely should do solar if that's really what you pay. It comes out to like $0.30 /kWh amortized.

>shill thread started by BR monkey
>taking intel's bullshit marketing slides at face value

SOPA

>his deranged mind thinks water IS wet
LOL, water is NOT wet, it WETS things.

>cofeve on roadmap
>this means it would be price competitive and release as soon as it did

>fire doesn't burn, it burns things

Ealse Fquivalency.

Mercury does not wet a sponge, but wets gold. Is mercury wet? Heck no. It just wets some things, in this case gold.

Can't wait for all those gaming benchmarks posters vs anti gaymen posters

>Can't wait for performance regressions in most games
Fixed?

BRBR Hueland
Main electricity base here is hydro, but due to last commie president impeached, Dilma Rousseff, we had a total breakdown on the eletrical distribution market.

She done the populist way, forced companies in charge of distribution to lower prices below margins and antecipated end of contracts, then when no one appeared for the new contracts, and no one was interested in investing on a non profit margin market, everything gone shit.

Since then, things are getting better, we had some droughts and every winter cycle there is a need for oil plants that cost much more to operate.

At top of all this, around 40% over end price to customer is made up of taxes.

>BRBR Hueland
Can you go over and smack our resident BR shillposter for us please

>years old i7 beating new r7 despite having half the cores/threads, lower clocks and lower IPC

cant do solar, i live on apartment building so its not possible.
Even with incentives from government to use solar, the purchase cost if overly taxed, as everything in this fucked country.
Average tax for services is around 10% and cost for products, including food is around 40%. Every imported product beat a massive 60-150% tax.

Not me, I will never ever buy another Intel product after watching those Jews lie and shill and concern troll like crazy.

The spying's bad enough on its own but this kind of thread makes Intel completely intolerable.

Fuck you, I hope you die in one of the many under-reported hazmat incidents on the Intel campus.

That I3...

Either BS or really badly optimized engine.

same goes for threadripper

There's a reason Intel shills use these half-assed gaymer benchmarks and not SPEC.

>hur durr look my game compiled with my intel compiler runs faster hurr

It'll be slightly faster than the R5 1600, but cost considerably more, especially when you consider the platform cost. The 6-core Ryzen will still be the superior choice.

Also I feel really bad for anyone buying this, Intel fucking jewed you again by making you buy ANOTHER BOARD even though the socket has the same number of pins, and you're gonna slurp it up for "muh gaymes."

are you a moron? it's going to destroy 1600x

Dude come on... Most of us don't need those benchmarks to know Ryzen has lower single core frequency than Intel offerings.

These games have utter crap optimization, only branded DX12 for marketing purposes.

What's the point of DX12 if a quad core doesn't even offer a 15% boost over a dual core...

Enjoy delidding your cumchip to get decent temps and those clock speeds you keep jerking off about.

thanks, I will

>making you buy another board

How often do you people switch CPU sly? Mine is a socket 1155 H77 Ivy Bridge, that's a six year old motherboard...