/mkg/ - DIY Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U?t=4m32s
r.ebay.com/buAFpj
aliexpress.com/item/YMDK-40-YMD40-DIY-Kit-AMJ-PCB-CNC-Case-Plate-For-40-Mini-Cute-Mechanical-Keyboard/32821953148.html?shortkey=eMruA3q6&addresstype=600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this general is so fucking dead

Love my RAMA!

When will matias get their fucking PBT keycaps going?
I can't take it anymore!

MechanicalKeyboards
Where did you get those caps?

anyone recommend a good ansi 84 key cap set?

Made it myself from a Filco and a package of key caps!

I have this one.

Any sugestions?

First build yesterday night. The memes were right, Gateron browns >>>>>>> cherry browns

I'm bored so I'll just keep posting. I guess it's just that many fewer of the same 20 gun and keyboard pictures we see every MKG

I fixed the spacebar and now it returns just fine. I guess I'm a fucking brainlet and one of the stabilizer feet was fucked up causing resistance. I still think I'm gonna swap the switch out for a cherry green cause I hammer the piss out of my spacebar so I think a nice stiff clicky switch would be a top meme for this board. If I could find some nice olive green pbt caps I would nut cause then it would a lot more like I wanted it to turn out. Problem is most caps are shit tier and hard to find in the colors you want and the vendors are all niggers and assdrop is just asking to cuck yourself with a 4 month wait.

Hey /Mkg/, I just recently built my first Keyboard. Its a tada68 with Zealios switches.
For some reason whenever I press the switch "a" the caps lock turns on aswell. The switches are beside each other. I looked at the solder and it looked fine? Anyone had similar issues?

That ctrl key is not sitting in the plate properly

RAMA Premium Limited keycap and SA blank 2u.

>not 100%
cucks, just as gay as earbuds, mini-itx, sub 5 inch phones, and living anywhere in europe

How often do you guys clean your keyboards?
I clean my room (sweeping and dusting) every two days, and vacuum once a week, and my keyboard and mouse still get really dusty. Just look at this shit I just cleaned yesterday and it's already filthy with dust!

Should I just buy some covers to put over the keyboard when I'm not using it? I hate having to basically dust it off every morning.

I don't clean my keyboard ever and it doesn't look half as bad. Just a bit dried cum crust here and there.

I backed the keyboard.io butterfly shaped keyboard a few years ago during a short-lived kickstarting phase. I wrote it off as a lesson on impulse buying. But I was reading some updates today after getting the backer survey and I saw that it had an any key. Now I'm a little excited.
Is it a silly keyboard?

I fucking hate living in a dusty area. My mom vacuums the house constantly and all our furniture is always sprinkled with dust.
It doesn't help that I only buy black peripherals where the dust is easily seen.

This.
>tfw full size keboard, full size headphones, full size mouse, full size computer case, full size bed and full size dick

All these "minimalist" mini keyboards are for sissies.

Damn and I thought my place was dusty...
>Should I just buy some covers
Just put some cloth over it.

>he doesn't realise the beauty and comfort of mini-ITX, phone usable by one hand and Europe.
What an uncultured tasteless brainlet...
You forgot SUV in that list. Don't compliment your dick size just because some things that you use are "full size".

me too, 100% keyboard, palm grip mouse, fuck hueg headphones will pillows as earpads

these threads need less 60% fags

>mini-ITX
just FUCK my expansion up

>one handed phone
my 5 in phone is 100% usable in one hand, stop being a manlet

>europe
gayest and most cucked part of earth

a full size sedan is good enough, i like having my landbarge, go back yo yurop with your gay hatchbacks

I live in Europe though.
I just don't like tiny things, the laptop I'm typing this from has a keyboard without a numpad, and I find myself reaching for a numpad that isn't there every day, it annoys the hell out of me.
I use a 24 inch mousepad too and I don't have issues with my hands being too far apart.

Also I don't drive an SUV, just a full size sedan. I'll never drive a cuckmobile.

I'll just ask my mother for a woven cloth to put over it and call it a day. Can't stand having to dust shit off every morning.

>phone usable by one hand
tbqh if you can't use a 6" phone with one hand something is wrong with you

you sound fat as fuck.

I'm 155 pounds.

>hatchbacks
>gay
Rally is the manliest car racing there is. And guess what type of car dominates it?

Phantom numpad syndrome.

7" phone.

rally is for finnish autists

Sisu is not autism.
youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U?t=4m32s

>Phantom Numpad syndrome
Yeah, thing is before I bought my current keyboard I also didn't have my laptop. My previous laptop had a numpad, as did my previous keyboard.
I didn't think I used the numpad all that much, so I was planning on buying a TKL keyboard, but I decided to wait a bit, then I got my new laptop with no numpad, and after a few days of usage I decided that I was totally going to buy my next keyboard with a numpad, because I can't stand reaching for a non existing numpad constantly.

I have no clue what the people who buy TKL and other compact keyboards do with their machines, because I find the numpad to be essential.

>Phantom Numpad syndrome
Yeah, thing is before I bought my current keyboard I also didn't have my laptop. My previous laptop had a numpad, as did my previous keyboard.
I didn't think I used the numpad all that much, so I was planning on buying a TKL keyboard, but I decided to wait a bit, then I got my new laptop with no numpad, and after a few days of usage I decided that I was totally going to buy my next keyboard with a numpad, because I can't stand reaching for a non existing numpad constantly.

I have no clue what the people who buy TKL and other compact keyboards do with their machines, because I find the numpad to be essential.

is this a joke? looks like it was next to a saw cutting wood. what the fuck is that

Fucking double post reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That keyboard has been sitting on my desk in my room, which i wasn't even in the whole day. I just have my windows open because otherwise it gets too hot.
I live on the side of a mountain and there's always lots of dust coming in.

Just cleaned it with a brush.

>opening your window
this is absolutely the problem. I just run AC all day and we have a THICC air filter, I never have dust issues that bad

It's not so host as to have the AC on all the time so I can't justify it. However, even in winter it gets pretty dusty.

Yeah, "left-handed" design with numpad or even navigation on the left side might be nice if you feel that letters are too far to the left (as in my case: I use low sensitivity mouse and large pad - but I'm currently falling for 60% meme)

I keep the window open all year around even when it's -20°C outside. Much easier to breathe.

even when not heating or cooling, we keep the house fan on so air circulates

>that volume roller
it's SUCH a waste of space but it seems pretty comfy anyway. If I didn't have a knob on my headphone amp already, that would be kinda cool to have. I guess I could keep my amp louder and have a knob for software volume.

The amount of dust in that first pic is not natural.

Yeah, it's almost like there is an incineration plant nearby.

I might try to find a left handed keyboard in the future, right now I use a huge mousepad with 45cm/360, so I angle my keyboard a bit.

It's not that big of a waste of space when the keyboard already has this big area on the top of the top row that's basically used by nothing. So cramming a few buttons and a roller there isn't a bad idea. Personally I love the roller and have gotten very used to it. Rolls very smoothly too, however not as smooth as a know on a DAS for example.

I live in a very dusty area. If the house isn't cleaned very regularly it looks like it's been abandoned.

>It's not that big of a waste of space when the keyboard already has this big area on the top of the top row that's basically used by nothing.
Yeah, but I already find that whole keyboard design a waste of space. I love my 60%. I think they could probably be as space efficient with an 80% or 100% and no one would really complain. My keys go to the edge of my board. I think that's part of what makes 60% keyboards look so attractive.

Yeah, also if you have a shitty small desk like me and a TKL allows you to have more than 10 cms of space to move your mouse you'll appreciate it, trust me.

Also my KBParadise V80 has very few waste of space in it's design, it's very great. Fuck small dicked americans and their obsession for retarded big things to compensate their inferiority complexes. I'll just use whatever I'm comfortable with. I use a big phone as I have big hands and it doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't buy a SUV or another big ass expensive car when my Renault Clio takes me everywhere and is also easier to park.

I'm American and also bothered by the big things obsession. I generally find that watching anime is more comfortable at my desk on a 22-24" monitor than on a very large (65") TV in the living room, for example, although other things come into play here, such as getting to use headphones.

can u suggest me some nice looking keycaps for tada68?

Nothing against you then.

Same to you. I do think the big things obsession really is more common in America. I have heard that the small/medium/large drink sizes are even different in other countries.

>not being American
I'd be pissed off too man

Would getting Gateron Browns and falling for "change springs" meme would be a major waste of time and money? Also, why the fuck do they sell gold plated springs? It's not like you'd see them even through a clear switch...

What do people even use numpads for? All my cheap rubberdomes before I fell for the mech meme were fullsize, my laptop right now has a fullsize, and I've fucking never used it (except for some random altcodes now and then, for which a layer on my 65% is completely sufficient).

Is your job data entry or something?

The tada68 ones

The other gunfag (I think it's one of the tripfags actually) has a compact 100% with a (chink?) Carbon set, it makes me cum whenever I see it desu. It's so fucking comfy.

I think it's a leopold or something along those lines

Oh, wow. Sounds cool. Got a pic saved?

What is the best material to get keycaps in?

Some sort of durable fabric

r.ebay.com/buAFpj
Anything wrong with these? I'm sure you've seen them since they're the first result in eBay. My shitty keys on this chinkboard I have are wearing out already. I like the mechanical switches, but I do miss the textured higher quality keys from my old ass HP membrane keyboard.

could you be less of a fucking faggot?

What? Plastic always wears off or shines. Fabric infused keycaps NEVER shine and they're universal for all switches. Just a matter of time before they turn into a meme around here. Nothing good ever lasts

My job isn't data entry per se but I do data entry often, mostly for testing forms and processes and other similar things.
I also do calculations and stuff very often, for which the numpad comes in very handy (however I am thinking about buying one of those USB mech keyboard calculators someone posted in here).

Also for some of the games I play the numpad comes in handy, mostly flight sims, where having macros on the numpad is actually really nice.

Doesn't everyone here say PBT is your best bet? They don't shine over time and are durable. POM is better but significantly more expensive and hard to find.

The keyboard calculator by ducky is awesome. Think its called the ducky pocket, not positive.

nth for 75%

>Fabric infused keycaps
link?

Are those like the ones on Microsoft's new Surface?

can we talk about how much of a shithole /r/mechmarket is? insanely overpriced, and the mods are filthy whores who will delete anything because muhh read the rules

Similar but more of a rough fabric feel.

link to what? buy them?

Unfortunately not. I think it may be qb or whatever his name is. He'll pop around soon, hopefully.

the fuck do you think autismo

>OEM
Other than that they seem fine. Though for $20 they might not really be 1.5mm, but worst case is you wasted $20.

There's barely enough plastic keycaps to keep all you happy. But you think someone is mass producing fabric infused keycaps? I got mine from someone on mech market

They have the best feel out of anything I've used and the sound is very unique with absolutely no pinging

Post pics

I am on my laptop right now user I will later

>reddit

where can i find blue dsa mods? want to pull together a knockoff blank quartz set like this

How the hell are non-programmers supposed to use QMK?

>pretending you never visit reddit
so cute!

i actually don't and i suggest that you do the same

Leopold only makes one compact full size keyboard, so you're probably thinking of the RS96 with GMK carbon

>compact
W H Y
H
Y

This general has been here for years what do you fags even talk about it's just keyboards.

Its not that hard user. There are several guides on how to use and it only takes 10 minutes to learn.
Also
>on Sup Forums
>can't do basic programing

Forgive me if I can't take you seriously as you're posting on Sup Forums telling me not to go on reddit. Are you 12?

what is better PBT or ABS

Its the most popular layout there is. If you ever go to a businesses or hospitals you'd see a 1800 layout on most of their keyboards, at least that's what it is here in America. My clinic uses G80 1800 clones, but they're rubber domes.

PBT

maybe its because i didn't discover Sup Forums through reddit like you did

Is it really that hard to wrap your head around. Reddit's posting format sucks and their mech community has an unhealthy obsession with artisan keycaps. Deskthority is a much better place then that shit hole.

>Its the most popular
>implying that makes anything good
why not just go back to rebbit with opinions like that

Why?

It does not shine nearly as fast like abs does, it doesn't yellow with age, and it has better texture (usually).

ABS does this after two months, while PBT does it after 2 decades

This. I just can't use reddit simply because of the way how its laid out. I'm to used this site to accept anything different

You seem to be an expert on what reddit likes and doesn't like. I thought they were a bunch of contrarian hipsters, but you claim to know otherwise. Can you educate me since I can't be bothered to figure out how to use that site.

now you're criticizing me for how you think i found Sup Forums? please kys

i really just scan the latest mech market posts to see if anything is worth it
>thinking i care about "artisan keycaps"

so you look for everything to buy on Sup Forums? anything you do on the internet must be through Sup Forums right? do you not use ebay, craigslist, or any other website because its not "laid out" like Sup Forums? your argument literally makes no sense

>after 2 decades
I can confirm. I have a model M from 1988 that's got some shiny keys starting to show.

Anyone got one of these? How is it?

aliexpress.com/item/YMDK-40-YMD40-DIY-Kit-AMJ-PCB-CNC-Case-Plate-For-40-Mini-Cute-Mechanical-Keyboard/32821953148.html?shortkey=eMruA3q6&addresstype=600