Colourisation is the worst modern trend on the internet at the moment...

Colourisation is the worst modern trend on the internet at the moment. Ask yourself are you more likely to think of a coloured image or a black and white image? Colourisation ruins the natural integrity of the original image and steals the purity of the original image.

What does Sup Forums think?

I think you need psychological help.

The real world is in color, not black and white.
Thus images with color are objectively better, unless you're going for a specific art-style.

This .
I would add that poor colorization in particular adds an odd and distracting effect.

the worst trend in the modern world is to take a perfectly good color image and "age" it with instagram filters. drop the blue saturation slightly, make it look like a slightly faded Kodachrome snapshot.

technology has strived, ever since the daguerrotype, to increase the accuracy of image storage.. and now we have excellent cameras and we're REDUCING the amount of information captured. it's fucking stupid.

Tbh I agree with you.

>HDR image capture
>stored and kept as an 8bit jpeg with 4:2:2 chroma

>chroma subsampling
This is why I hate these colorizations.

> purity
laughingwhores.jpg

you are such a fucking faggot it isn't even funny

Apollo cameras were all in color other than the SSTV used for Apollo 11.

yeah, they dumped hires scans of all the original pics on the net not long ago - they are very impressive

>believing we ever went to the moon
My sides.

Spanish Republican troops prepare in Madrid, 1937, colourized

Moon landing is a LEFTIST propaganda, it's fake and the "people" that claim that the earth isn't flat are globalist shills.
FAKE NEWS. RESIST.

>yes truly if I pretend to be right wing and spread the oldest debunked conspiracy in the book this will discredit the people I am pretending to be
Weak cointelpro

You can't say colorization is always bad.
I'm with these guys.
>Op tends to look at the issue as black and white.
>pretty sure there's a rose colored glasses pun to be made, as well.

>modern

It's been around since the 19th century and was a huge industry until the early 50s.

lelz m8 you kekozzling me. Bet u w0nt to habe a tosi Toplalz

kek

Take your meds.

Colourising a photo does not destroy the original. It's still there for you to look at whenever you feel like it.

The problem with black-and white photos is you can't tell if someone's wearing a bright red shirt or a grey shit. It gives a false impression of what fashion, architecture, and a lot of other things looked like back in the day. For example really brightly colored dresses were popular in the 40s; but you'd never know that from photos and movies.