Reminder that

Reminder that
2^10 B = KiB
10^3 B = KB

^_^

> scare quotes

This is correct.

Reminder, you don't have to fix it like Apple either (changing software to show 10^3 so KB is used correctly) - GNUCore Utils, SystemD, BSD utils, etc just changed the string to KiB/MiB/GiB etc - one time source change and it's fixed forever.

>KiB/MiB/GiB
The problem with that is that NOBODY is going to call/pronounce them Kibi and Mebi and Gibi and Tebi etc. because they sound dumb and retarded.

Base 2 prefixes were a mistake. There was literally no reason to establish the 1024 B = 1 KB connection in the first place, it was just a meme by some retarded faggots in the 80s that got out of hands.

Fuck yourself. 10 is used due to easily scaling for higher magnitudes like mb gb tb
This issue is practically irrelevant.

>NOBODY
I do.

Adobe, AMD, Intel etc all use 1024B = 1KB.

Hell even Apple uses it.

>idiots that fell for the HD maker bullshit that allowed them to advertise bigger sizes than they actually were
If you use KiB and think a KB is a power of 10, you fell for a fucking marketing scam of the highest caliber and shouldn't be using fucking computers.

macOS Finder uses 1000 Byte = 1 kB
Intel uses SI binary prefixes all over their website and in design documents

Remainder that
2^10 B = KB
10^3 B = KiB

>using smiley with carat eyes

>all over their website
O just looked up my CPU. It says 3 MB cache. So that's only 1,000,000 B? Fucking Jewtel, I knew it.

>refusing to use a unit of measurement because it sounds stupid
What is wrong with you? That is such a pointlessly stupid thing to have an opinion of.

Because I can only imagine Stallman saying something like that.

>Let me interject for a moment. What you are referring to as megabyte is in fact mebibyte, or as I have recently taken to calling it mega binary byte.

Holy shit, you don't want to use a standard mesure because it's sounds bad? What kind of sub-human are you?

>macOS

Except they don't.

If Apple were consistent, then the ram info would say 17.18 GB or 16 "GiB"

So Apple is WRONG

>Changing the meanings of words to protect normie feelings

Kilo meant 10^3 for centuries, long before computers were even invented.

>words can't have more than 1 meaning
>implying kilo and kilobyte are the same word

>being a literal retard

crap, is Sup Forums as retard as this? IT'S NOT EVEN THE SAME NOTATION

Triggered, its because there are 8 bits in a byte, 1111 1111 and this goes from 0 to 1024 before. 1024 isnt just some random number pulled from their ass

>hurr durr
Yes, and base 2 is important that it gets its very own prefixes: Kibi, Mebi, Gibi, ...

You're in a very special class of retard if this has caused any confusion.