youtube.com/watch?v=3Grns57T3XY
youtube.com/watch?v=1zPfGfrYsJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=s4spzW9IZDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>800 burgers for a fucking cell phone

it is like they don't even care

>motorola
salty

Luxury pocket computers off contract retail for 700-900 burgerbucks. This isn't new.

According to early reviews the camera is shitty.
I love the physical design of the device. But I won't buy it because I can't install Ubuntu/Plasma Mobile, and I double won't buy it because their marketing is all bullshit about user rights and device longevity.
Bullshit.
If they cared about that it wouldn't be proprietary, hard stop. The number one thing extending the life of old hardware is free software.

So what is good about this again?

essential.com/

It's a flagship level phone with meme full screen design and good software from one of the creators of Android

It's also a trojan horse so What's his face can launch Essential OS, which is trying to be a smart-home AI Android

It would be literally perfect if they just removed the front facing camera completely. I'm not some faggot who spends all day taking "selfies" and posting them on social media.

it looks good, dumbass

Look like premium stuff. Will it be an premium phone, user?

How clean is it?

reminder that your phone is shit unless it has an oled screen

camera softwre got updated and some reviewers say it looks way better. still behind the pixel though

im waiting for an IP rating yet, if the thing has no SD, no jack, no removable battery it better fucking be 67 or higher

that retarded camera placement at front and those out of place notification bar
it literally gave me OCD when I first saw the video

this so much
they could patch that shit to go where it needs to be

HTC U11 is 2017 winner imo.

some people are citing the no branding on the phone as something BAD

Looks just like an another smartphone.

Waht the FUCK? Where?

youtube.com/watch?v=_3JZRxVPuew
youtube.com/watch?v=3Grns57T3XY
youtube.com/watch?v=1zPfGfrYsJQ

the first guy goes as far as saying not having any type of fcc info makes the phone look cheap
people literally like to have a fucking logo as big as possible

>being poor

>no headphone jack

You know they said in a tweet that the bootloader will be unlockable. What about it makes you think they would restrict custom ROMs for it?

From early reviews it sounds like it's as clean as Android can possibly get. It has its own camera app and some extra switch to send diagnostics to Essential but that's it. It was made the creator of Android after all.

This is actually one of my biggest worries about it.

>no headphone jack
I am not supporting companies that are blatantly anti consumer

>ESSENTIAL phone
>no headphone jack
Into the trash it goes.

>camera in the middle of the fucking screen
eww.

>no traps
why does Sup Forums like this phone, again?

It's the most ideal placement if you want a true bezelless screen across the top. And don't suggest putting it on the bottom bezel because that's even worse.
I think it looks cool, like the screen and frame are matching puzzle pieces.

people said the same thing when Apple released a laptop without a disc drive, people move on

>REMOVE SOMETHING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE USE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT

with a mug like yours I'm sure you don't

t. ugly

Why are you surprised?
Do you think someone pays 500 bucks for a phone because of its features or cpu power?
Then you don't know how consumerism works.

The most anyone should spend on a phone is $150. Anything over that is just meme tier.

It's sad, millennials don't even own a nice laptop but buy a fucking $800 phone. It's literal autism.

I still don't have a laptop without a disk drive. Just because you cuck for Apple doesn't mean everyone else does.

>don't even own a nice laptop
>own a nice laptop
>laptop
>nice
u wot m8

[spoiler]he types on his macbook pro[/spoiler]

There were objectively better replacements for discs. There aren't for 3.5mm jack - they are either not better or plain worse.

>brags about owning fagbook pro
Well you proved me right about millennials having autism.

why does one need a disk drive?
>movies
stream/download
>music
stream/download
and don't tell me you listen to the cds you buy from your favourite bands on your computer, you hack
>games
download

so why exactly do you need that? portable storage? yeah those 700mb really do the trick. why even bother with usb sticks?
fucking hipster

it is a nice laptop though. and macos is a fantastic laptop os, unlike windows. works perfectly fine. for everything else I have my desktop pc

oh wow cool phone thread

>no headphone jack
>no expandable storage
>no removable battery
It's fucking useless.

>removable battery
out of curiosity: why do you need to change your battery? I've never had issues with battery quality over the years

>picked up an LGV20
>comes with 'Quad DAC' (which I doubt is really an actual Quad DAC but it sounds fucking great nonetheless)
>everything works out fine

>only 5.7"
wake me up when Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes out

okay, we'll
...xiaoyu
>YEEEAAAAAAAAH

Cool story. Still worthless as a productivity laptop and immensely overpriced for the specs. Only retards buy Apple products.

Software updates kill battery, no matter what Google would like you to believe with their Doze meme. I swear, Jelly Bean had the best battery life of all Android versions to date. Ever since my phone got upped to Lollipop/Marshmallow, it started shitting the bed with battery life. Even if that doesn't happen, batteries do degrade over time, and having a removable battery just allows you to put your phone on life support for another year or two. Just another way to keep you from getting cucked by companies.

hm is that so? haven't owned an android phone in years. never had these issues with the iphone 6/6s or even the two windows phones I used to own

Updates don't kill the battery - the bloat does. Doze IS a meme though - by design it only works when the phone is laying still, on a table for example.

the hardware/price ratio is bad, but only on paper. the macbook's advantage is that the os and software are optimized for exactly those devices and thus perform better as compared to windows laptops. there's a reason why media creators (design, film etc) prefer macs by a large margin. they are better in those fields

>iphone
>two dicks touching

every time

>no headphone jack
>no SD card slot
>non removable battery

Essential phone?! LMAO!!!XDDDDDD

>he streams his BluRays

Name one (1) phone that came out this year that has a removable battery.

>essential
>no headphone jack
No buy.

LG still does budget phones with removable batteries, but thats about it

Unibody was a mistake

>he watches blurays on a laptop
jesus christ

I on the other hand use a god damn 4k bluray player and 4k tv

>Huawei
winning

>disk drive only means CDs

This argument isn't worth my time.

>no SD card
Dropped. That was quick.

>tfw waiting for Nokia 8

>Shitty camera
into the trash it goes.

i'm waiting for the superior LG V30

headphone jack sucks get over it

Fucking this. I despise my iCuck 7 for this very reason. Will never buy an apple product or this shitty faggot phone made by Andy (((Rubin))) ever again shit fuck god damn cocksucking son of a fuck

How do you listen to your calls? inb4 speakerphone

The ear speaker is in the rim over the camera

Align properly
FUCK

Still waiting for more reviews and for this to be out for 6 months.

Camera is behind the Pixel and the iPhone so it can eat shit right now desu.

The moto g3 is actually amazing if not better than the current competition

>how do they do it?
it literally has only TWO YEARS of support.
$700!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they'll sell it in thousands.
basically DOA.

Underrated post

base moto g5

>No headphone port
Disgusting.

>tfw no traps

>tfw Moto Z Play with the battery mod

Too comfy

why not put the selfie cam at the bottom like the mi mix?

>comparing audio to disc drive
one is obsolete and the other is not

>le titanium meme
FUCK YOU
MAKE IT OUT OF STEEL YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

aaaaaaaand dropped

would buy if they fucking did camera on lower part instead of fucking infringing on the sexy screen. Why are they so fucking autistic. Honestly never use front camera so removing it would be fine too.

>muh optimization

does this actually not have a headphone jack, what the fuck is this jew shit. front camera is wrong spot on fucking screen its self and no headphone jack = nigger phone.

I'm amazed that anyone paying attention to the smartphone market could still be surprised when a high end phone ships without a headphone jack.

Watch the first video of for a 5 second explanation of why putting a selfie camera at the bottom is a dumb idea.

what phone is that?

It's the name of the thread you illiterate nignog.

Thank god they finally have phones in booths. Now I can throw this piece of trash smartphone away.

This feels like when oneplus came out with the one plus one, an overhyped phone with an artificial scarcity problem that promises to do shit differently and ends up just being another android device that drops support after a year.

I would like to have an option to have a thick phone with an 8000mAh battery, instead of a puny little weakling thin phone permanently attached to life support battery bricks like this is the goddamn 1980s.

You do realize there are 10000mAh phones out there now, right?

>enjoy your bootloop faggot

Is there any phone that still has these three things? I've read that the V30 won't have a removable battery because they want to add water resistance. Is the V20 my only option?

>xiaomi
king

youtube.com/watch?v=s4spzW9IZDI

The Moto G3 is painfully outdated now. It can't even run h264 MKV's running at 1080p.