New GTX 980 ti gpu cooler setup

Smart... Not even smart... Genius!

I was actually thinking about doing this with a smaller itx card, using a 140 or 120 depending on mounting. How's the result?

I also love Noctua

I've had Arctic Accelero with two NF-P12's from 2007 on several gpu's.

You should rather tie the fans together and to the sink only from the sides.

Accelero Twin Turbo II master race. Old pic, I'm using it with my 980Ti as well.

Is the radiator original? what about memory/vrm cooling?

The MSI Gaming, Gigabyte Leafblower and Asus Strix have better cooling performance compared to Twin Turbo, so why would you do that?. Or was that reference model?

Yes radiator is original.

Radiator is original.
Sinful brilliant.
That is right.

reference model. My friend has the ASUS strix 980Ti and it's really loud when it's running at 100%, while my TTII is dead silent. I mean - looks nice, has fan-stop and few more VRM phases, but none of the cards you mentioned has a radiator (or rather it's dissipative area) as big as the Twin Turbo.
My 980Ti runs 320 watts in Furmark and the twin turbo manages to keep it below 70C. The Strix one gets hotter and louder even when running at 250W - I had a chance to compare them side by side.

Also the problem with Twin Turbo and Accelero is that they should have backplate and other supporting elements because of their weight. Accelero+2xNF-P12 have bended the pcb - even though I have supported the heatsink with zipties to the case - of both my HD4850 and 6870.

>none of the cards you mentioned has a radiator (or rather it's dissipative area) as big as the Twin Turbo.
If the 980Ti models have different HSF than the ones on 980 models, then I don't know, but at least twin fan heatsink on MSI Gaming and Strix GTX980 more dissipative area than the Twin Turbo II heatsink. The Accelero on the other hand, has on the other hand almost third more dissipative area.

Those heat sinks on ur VRMs and ddr5 are probably gonna backfire on you.
Those are hot spots on Pascal.

Full coverage block is always the best answer.

>ASUS strix 980Ti and it's really loud when it's running at 100%

wtf?

I have that exact card in my shit airflow case and it's literally silent, even when playing games, never goes above 60% fan

Fuck that I just put a 240mm Corsair aio on it with the Nzxt bracket. Going to replace the little 80mm fan with a noctua.
Hitting 21050 firestrike graphics score. Too bad about Vega I was gonna sell for the 64 so I could freesync but now I'm looking at a 11gbps 1080.

they do keep the temps in check, so why would they backfire on me? They get plenty of airflow and I even tested it with thermocouple strapped onto the VRMs, which never exceeded 80C.
Your block covers the exact same area as my heatsinks do. Chokes get airflow too so they don't need their own heatsinks.

oh good you're not one of those bland cultists who probably reeee'd when they saw the meshify c

I have the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini.

Haven't had temp issues, but I'm absolutely anal about noise. Might consider doing it.

Using noctua shitty fans.

Not the corsair ML120/ML140 instead.

Magnetic bearing >>>> ALL!

>Accelero Twin Turbo II
Did this ever get an update?

>he didn't use 17 year old fans he had lying around

Have fun when your VRM's explode, fucktards.

I have this cooler on my Radeon Sapphire 3850 HD....AGP.
>technically the best AGP card ever made.

Where do you guys plug these fans into?
How do you ensure the gpu is controlling the fan speed if they're not plugged into the gpu itself?

If I used 4-pin fans I could have soldered my own cable from the existing 4pin vga fan connector on the old fans. But I didn't want to spend any more money on this thing, so I just plugged them into the mobo. I leave them at 1300 rpm, which is pretty quiet and cools the card enough under full load.

But as I said, you could solder up a cable from the old fans, or just buy a Y-cable and a 4 pin vga fan to regular 4 pin fan and make a cable that way.

how do you hookup the different connectors?