Machine Check Exception

Machine Check Exception causing BSOD within seconds of signing into windows, every single time. Here's my memtest results. I'm going on three weeks here and I still don't know what the fuck is wrong with my computer. How to I run checks on my other hardware components? How can I find out if this is caused by a software issue?

Network card isn't being recognized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/odeymoec7yovy88/Minidump.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmao kys cuck.

Upload your crash dump (in %SystemRoot%\minidump by default)

Your CPU is phucked, did you overclock it?

Install GNU/Linux

> Bluescreen on signin
> Machine check exception
> "Network card isn't being recognized"

Did it ever occur to you that the network card drivers might be at fault here?

First of all have a look in the bluescreen dump file and see if it gives any hints as to what caused the BSOD.

Then you can try any or all of the following;

1. Reseat RAM/GPU/Heatsink
2. Reset and update your BIOS to ensure fucked overclocking and bugs aren't at fault
3. Reinstall windows to ensure it's not caused by borked system files or drivers

Try updating the BIOS

You will have to run memcheck for hours for it to be a valid result.

try installing gentoo

How? I have no internet connection.

I did, but I have a liquid rad. But how would I even check the status of my cpu?

I'm gonna let it run for several more passes.

> Intel Core i5-6600K
> Intel Core i5 650

Err...

>Network card isn't being recognized.
That's a starting point, see if you can disable it in the bios. Also try safe mode to rule out drivers.

hmmm...

This.

My old config. It was a RAM eating machine really. A year after I changed the faulty sticks, It fucked the new ones too.

MCE is often from temps being too high or hardware not seated properly or something.
The bios menu should show temps, although the load will be minimal.
You say 3 weeks, was this overclock ever stable? You should probably write down your settings and then reset the bios and see if it still happens. If you haven't though, try safe mode without and with networking.

Format and install Windows correctly

You have no phone?

Here's my minidump
mediafire.com/file/odeymoec7yovy88/Minidump.zip

Sure, whatever that means.

I'm posting from my phone. My PC isn't recognizing the wireless card.

The other screen posts are from another user.

The overclock was stable for over 2 years. I've reset my GPU and RAM clock speeds to default. I can't find out how to bring my CPU clock speed down. I can't find a "disable overclock" option in my BIOS. It just defaults to a 14% overclock.

>Sure, whatever that means.
He was telling you to install Gentoo.

That said, if its a driver issue, installing Linux can help resolve that, as many distros tend to come with a shit ton of drivers built-in. For example, I have yet to find a single printer that doesn't work immediately upon plugging in the USB cable for Linux Mint.

Did the cpu heatsink fan(s) die?

Can you not teather you phone? And if no, why not? Did you reset CMOS? How long after login does it crash? Did you boot into safe mode? Why can't you change your OC? Can you disable any startup programs? Have you checked your psu? Did you take one stick of ram out? Did you take your wifi card out? GPU and run on igpu? Do you have an abundance of chromosomes?

I don't know I can't read your dumpon Linux, I tried VS, can you create a minidump? It's under sys &security-sys-advanced-start up- advanced-settings Create a small dump and maybe I can read it.

Those dump files tells me that it's not a driver issue but rather an actual hardware issue.

Basically what you should do is;

1. Remove any and all overclocks you've done (or the BIOS/UEFI has done automatically)
2. Completely reset your BIOS/UEFI
3. If possible, update your BIOS/UEFI to rule out an obscure bug causing it
4. Move around RAM sticks, move GPU to a different slot, and ensure your CPU temps are OK
5. Run memtest for a few hours to rule out RAM issues
6. Turn on and off various CPU features like Hyperthreading, Virtualization, etc to rule out weird bugs
7. Test with a different power supply to make sure it's not power related issues
8. Light some incense and pray to the PC gods that your CPU or mobo isn't physically borked

Restore your CPU to stock values and see if it still happens. Everything indicates that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software one. The problem most likely lays with your CPU or RAM. As you haven't found anything wrong with your memory and your CPU is overclocked I would point to your CPU.

Shit drivers.

I'm thinking it may be the power supply or graphics card.

Sometimes failing power supplies will cause random crashes, blue screens etc. The power supply might not be providing enough power to the graphics card which might be causing issues.

Bump.

I had MCEs on Celeron, I solved the problem turning off some CPU states. Try to search the problem connected to your CPU if memory is OK. I guess that Windows has an ability to tune CPU states too.

This is how I solved the problem for Celeron N2840
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state3/disable
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpuidle/state3/disable
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/no_turbo

First pass took 45 minute so. 9 hours later and I'm still on pass 3. This isn't adding up to me. I'm running two, 8gig sticks.

How do I check my power supply and graphics cards?

For the power supply, do I check voltages in the bios, or something along those lines?

Just follow the advice given here

Honestly, I've looked through my BIOS for what's felt like hours over the last few week. I can't find a damn setting to disable overclocking. I've restored defaults and the damn default setting oveclocks the cpu.

I'll explain what I mean in In the BIOS, I'll press F5 to resore defaults. Check my targeted clock speeds, confirm everythink looks good, defaults speeds, then press F10 to save and exit.
The computer restarts and shows a 25% overclock. I go "What the fuck?" Open the BIOS and everything is fucking overclocked. I have no idea why. It's so frustrating.

Disable multicore enhancement.

Disabled multicore enhancement. The issue remains. After I load the default settings, the "save and exit" process causes the computer to restart and while it restarts, it seems to be "optimizing" itself. I have no idea why, how or which setting this is related to. Apparently it's not effected by restoring default settings.

Something tells me your mobo isn't saving the settings for some reason, have you tried the good old CMOS clearing trick to actually force setup defaults? Also check the mobo jumpers and switches for some "EZ overclock" bullshit.

Yea, it was a TPU switch. It's off now and the base clock speeds are saved.
The MCE still occurs instantly, so the overclock wasn't the issue and the memtest didn't reveal any errors...so I don't know where to go from here.

So now that my BIOS settings are saving, I went back through and tried the things you guys suggested.
I disabled:
MultiCore Enchantment
Intel(R) SpeedStep
Turbo Mode

Now my PC has been signed into Windows for several minutes. It's pretty surreal but I'm still not getting my hopes up. I'm going to expect this to crash any second. But since removing the overclock still resulted in an instant MCE, it would seem as though one of those 3 settings was the cause. Or at least some kind of contributing factor, if the MCE does occur again. What are those setting even and why/how would they cause an MCE? What would haven broken after 2+ years of smooth performance to cause this?

That said, my network adapter still isn't being recognized. It was recognized on the sign in screen almost after each time I unplugged the machine, but then the MCE would occur and it would no longer be recognized until I unplugged it again. Since I'm actually sitting in Windows, I'm afraid to unplug and restart the pc.

Okay, MCE occured again, just sitting on the desktop. Took several minutes this time, instead of happening instantly. But upon the automatic restart, it occured before I was even able to sign in.