Whats better, MATE or XFCE?

Whats better, MATE or XFCE?

XFCE.

This.

Why?

It's fast and highly customizable, what's wrong with that?

So is MATE but why is it better than MATE?

>minimal DE
why not just use a WM like openbox

Why not just answer the question and not make a useless post?

MATE is fucking garbage, looks like it feels slower. There's no difference between the two other than Xfce works with ricers not against them.
You're really antsy for someone that stooped to an anonymous chinese board for suggestions. You'll take all the shitposting with a smile you ungrateful fuck.

I like xfce

I prefer Xfce but MATE has a much bigger and more efficient development team and actually receives funding. So if you are interested in whether or not the project will still be here in years to come, then use MATE.

openbox

XFCE is easily the best DE. No contest, absolute landslide. God tier with i3wm. If possible (arch, or perhaps antergos) use i3 exclusively.

GNOME is best. Although I don't like systemd...

Learn to use i3. You're not a retard are you?

gnome is best (check ), if you have a current machine
for low-spec, go mate
(xfce is garbage and the tards promoting it are tech illiterates)

Works on my machine lol I love MATE

i3wm

>looks like it feels slower
>There's no difference between the two
why do you bother giving yous to a certified retard?

niggers

Mate if you like Gnome 2
Xfce if you like Windows XP

OP Here, I use i3 but that wasn't the question.

More like Mate if you like Windows XP

>Xfce if you like Windows XP
>More like Mate if you like Windows XP
Well? Which is it?

Pantheon is the best.

>Well? Which is it?

>MATE is a desktop environment forked from the now-unmaintained code base of GNOME 2

Your post was useless, though. MATE and XFCE are not minimal DE's because they have their one infrastructures
XFCE is more stable and has a lot of nice plugins for customatization. The biggest downside is that it's GTK2 which means that every GTK3 application will have window decorations that are diffirent from your theme. Even if you choose something like an Arc theme that has GTK3 variant - window borders will still look different.
MATE is heavier than xfce. I would even say that it's closer to KDE and Cinnamon in terms of usage of system resources. The good thing is that it's not abandonware (looks like xfce is) and it continues to get new features from Ubuntu MATE team. Still, can see the reason why this DE id so hyped.

>MATE is heavier than xfce
[citation needed]
[especially when it's exactly the opposite]

Not in my experience. Also this graph that is often linked is bullshit

>Gnome 3 is lighter than KDE
Yeah that's obviously wrong

>looks like it feels slower

>MATE or XFCE
>around and round
is CLI the last refuge from all of this?

So, you're providing
a research graph that contradicts you, but is false in your opinion,
while saying that your personal opinion and experience is what matters?
G
T
F
O

What do these numbers even mean?

also
>Cinnamon barely heavier than xfeces
>MATE barely heavier than LXDE
>gahnoum way lighter than KDE
top kek

All these contradictions.
It's almost as if someone is deliberately fostering this obfuscation.

>What do these numbers even mean?
It's a Desktop Environment memory consumption chart from an in-depth and interesting research. Xfeces lovers don't like it and say it's not fair and that the paper is deprecated now. Yeah, even if time has passed, it still holds, DEs are getting heavier now and XFCE is heavier and shittier of them all.

XFCE is hardly getting developed, how could it be getting heavier?

XFCE

KDE

Window Maker/GNUSTEP

PLASMA

I don't see the point in using Xfce, Mate, etc. They're all shit and so primitive and basic. If you want something minimal, just use i3 or something. If you want a proper desktop, use Plasma.

THIS

Xfce. Works much better and it's more customizable. MATE is based on GNOME (2) so of course it's shit.

mate is comfy
xfce is dead

Mate is more polished as it had all the Gnome 2 work go into it.

Really, it looks like it's from 1999. Xfce at least like something from the mid 2000s...

Has anyone made a desktop environment using Electron?

XFCE