Full disk encryption

How many of Sup Forums does it? Thinking of trying it but worried my Intel P8400 will slow down to a crawl.

Other urls found in this thread:

thefappening.wiki/index.php?page=celebs
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/no-apple-has-not-unlocked-70-iphones-for-law-enforcement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its useless don't bother unless your some kind of pedo hiding cp

Everything except /boot. I have nothing to hide but also don't have anything to show.. LVM+encryption

Yeah, don't really have anything incriminating on my drives so it's not that important to me. Just figured it'd be worth trying if the performance hit isn't too bad.

Any noticeable performance drop on your rig?

Well... It's an old HO folio 13 with a 110 gig ssd.
Don't see a performance difference.. On a HDD props kg going to come down to 70% from 100%

>How many of Sup Forums does it?
I do it, because the installers ask me if I want to. A few checkboxes later, and I have to use 2-3 different fucking passwords just to shitpost.

I do it. All my computers including my phone are encrypted.

Kek
>Full disk encryption password
>/home directory encryption password
>Login password

Why encrypt /home twice..?

>he doesnt know that ios has full disk encryption enabled by default with a lock screen

does it scare you that hipsters and elderly women have better security than you?

get wrecked faggot :^)

go back

thefappening.wiki/index.php?page=celebs

So user, which fappening leak was your favorite ;^)?

retard

I just threw in a SSD but the CPU's a dual core with no hyper-threading. Hopefully the SSD can make up for the weak processor.

I shall give it a try and report back here!

icloud and full disk encryption arent related

if they didnt have sync enabled they wouldnt have had that issue

Are you calling hundreds of high profile celebrities that had full disk encryption©®™ on their iPhones©®™ retards©™ ;^)?

no I'm calling you a retard

This, apple would NEVER sell your encrypted©®™ and private©®™ data.

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

oh okay well anyway the jennifer lawrence one was pretty good but you can't really beat the jennette mccurdy one

their data on the icloud wasnt encrypted only their device was

when they unencrypt and sync up their data they didnt encrypt that itself which is their issue

if they had it disabled their phone would be 100% safe from physical threats

your argument is just like if you were on linux and encrypted your root drive and synced some data to google cloud and the cloud got hacked

that data isnt encrypted unless if you encrypt that directory then send it

that doesnt mean you shouldnt do full disk encryption on your root

its a false equivilency that you tried to fall back on after your realized that not only autists and criminals use encryption

>/boot on USB
>USB in pocket
>LUKS root
>ZFS in LUKS
Best I can do.

There is no real encryption on iPhones you gullible retard. Apple will hand you over to the feds or 3rd parties anytime they feel like it.

techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/no-apple-has-not-unlocked-70-iphones-for-law-enforcement/

Also see

thats because the data isnt encrypted once it leaves your full disk encryption

man you are retarded

>thats because the data isnt encrypted once it leaves your full disk encryption
There was never any true full disk encryption. iPhones have software and hardware backdoors. Vault7 and celebrite hacks proved this.

It's not about hiding pedo cp crap, but personal data like files, photos, etc. More of if my laptop or phone gets robbed by a nigger, I don't have to worry about much other than losing the hardware.

It's actually pretty scary to use appleshits.
Most hackers at hack conventions already use apple products and were challenged by the NSA to find security holes.
BTW there's already an exploit for IOS11

Modern encryption is extremely fast. You won't notice anything. Especially if you use a modern algorithm such as chacha20.

They already hacked the fingerprint scanner too. Someone on youtube showed unlocking an iPhone with a fingerprint lock successfully after using the cellebrite tools released a few months ago.

Except the bug allowed infinite PIN entry retries.
There's 0 cases of Applel handing over FDE keys.

I do it because the ubuntu installer offers me to. I do full disk and home. Plus I have a bios password from work.

>Except the bug allowed infinite PIN entry retries.
Nope, look up the cellebrite tools, they don't brute force the pin and it works for long passwords too.

>There's 0 cases of Applel handing over FDE keys.
lol

Anyway after I found an unpatched backdoor on my iPhone 7 running iOS 11 I sold it on ebay and am now going to get a phone with lineage OS support.

>lol
In what cases Apple handed over FDE keys?

They're not going to admit it just like how they're not going to admit doing or evading billions of evaded taxes.

That has been how apple has always worked: hype the shit out of something and then cover up any issues that happen along the way.

>Nope, look up the cellebrite tools, they don't brute force the pin and it works for long passwords too.
Can you link it?

>They're not going to admit it
So the whole case will go out of the window.

Can you not put me on another fucking list Mr. Watson?

What? Just give me a link, bullshitting nigger.

Pretty much, just like how apple evaded the touch disease and bendgate lawsuit.

WARNING: SOME CIA NIGGER SPREADING FUD ABOUT CRAPPLE AND CELLEBRITE TOOLS!