/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uOCqN96eEgo
youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

They are nice planars, but you may into some trouble with its build

>Budget
$0 - $50 AUD
>Location
Australia
>Source
Xduoo x3 or phone
>Type of headphone
over ear preferred
>Open or closed
i dont mind
>Comfort level
anything that isnt unbearable
>Sound signature
i dont care
>Past headphones
apple earbuds (lots of them)
HTC earbuds (lots of them)
digitor Cat C 4154 (good luck finding it)

>but you may into some trouble with its build
Low quality build or uncomfortable?

They're comfy, just poor build

6th for HD650s are the only headphones you'll ever need.
>inb4 snap
Don't be fat with a huge head and they won't break.
>inb4 veil
It's called warmth.

Is multibit a meme?

What are the second best headphones behind the HD600?

>It's called warmth.
Weird way to spell veil.

>narrow sound stage, only can you'll ever need
terrible for movies and gaming

>movies and gaming need a wide soundstage
This is a myth.

They're very bad. HD600 are far superior.

A narrow-as-fuck soundstage doesn't help either

Basically seconding this. They are comparable to the Sennheiser HD600s, but slightly brighter and with more sub-bass, making them perhaps a bit more enjoyable for casual listening, whereas the HD600s are more analytical and precise. Personally however I would recommend the m1060 above either headphone, as they can be easily modified to sound almost identical to the Audeze LCD-2s (1,500 dollar planar magnetics) with a pad swap that has youtube video tutorials showing how to do it as well as the frequency response measurements proving it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uOCqN96eEgo

Multibit is a meme if you are paying more than 250 dollars for something other than the modi multibit dac. The problem isn't that multibit is better or worse than delta-sigma, but that it shouldn't cost more since there is no real discernible difference.

>No sub-bass

And anons who own the 600s/650s they shill so much is also a myth. I guess we can just ignore them

Movies and video games sound amazing on the HD650s.

No, you should buy it.

Post pics of your multibit dac with timestamp for us, 'non.

This is a myth which has been debunked.

HD600 the most enjoyable casual listening headphones in the world and M1060 are ringing: the headphone.

Kek. Am I supposed to believe you own the headphones too?

>cherry-picking a graph showing results from a defective pair
kek

>t. hasn't heard from either one

Hold up there buddy, I'm the one doing the scamming here.

bitch, I'll scam you so good you won't even last 5 minutes

Why even make that claim when you don't actually own any headphones near its price range?

Philips SHP9500s aren't available in my country and it's 200 dollars to buy them from ebay fuck

Can you swell guys recommend me a second pair of headphones ? My soundblaster alpha 3d broke down

Just ordered me some Philips shp9500 today on NewEgg as recommended by some anons on a previous thread for piano

But do I need anything else along the road I should not expect them for at least another week

>Budget
Hundreds, not thousands
>Location
US
>Source
Phone on the go, listening to weebshit and EDM, sometimes rock
>Type of headphone
Closed over-ear, no on-ear
>Comfort level
Super fucking comfy
>Sound signature
Warm or V/U
>Past headphones
A lot, but I was using a Sony MDR-1A. At home, I like X2, HD650, SHP9500, dislike AKG 550, MDR V6.

Looking for some new public transit headphones after some asshole stole my MDR-1A at work. I take the train for 2 hours a day, so I want something closed, something isolated with a bass kick.

I'm thinking ATH MSR7 or ATH ATH-WS1100iS (Found a pair for $130), going to try B&O H6 2nd Gen in store later this week.

>recommend me a second pair of headphones
wew lad

Why even counter his claim when you don't actually own any headphones near its price range?

Thanks senpai

Sennheiser HD600s

What country dumbass?

Romania you poopoo head

Do people actually use open headphones in public? How truly alpha to make other people listen to Vocaloid remixes as you rock back and forth in your seat.

Hey guys, what headphones do you recommend I purchase to compliment my new bad dragon dildo?

I meant mostly in accessories not replacements along the road

Because I'm not the one constantly shilling headphones I don't own?

Sennheiser hd600 Headphones because it suits the audience that appeals too :^)

HD 558. Ignore the 559; they're worse

Why even make that claim when you don't actually own any bad dragon dildos near its price range?

Sorry, that was for the other user. No idea about your situation

I want to buy a Dell monitor but their monitors usually don’t have an headphone jack and only have an Audio line-out port.
I’ll only be using it with under $50 in-ear headphones. What’s a cheap good desktop headphone amplifier with volume control that i can buy?

Save up. HD 600

guess fucking what? It's pic related, nigger

Fulla 2 is a great starter desktop amp and it has a line in.

Fiio E10K

Isn't there anything cheaper than this?
Seems a bit overkill to use with $50 in-ear headphones.

That's not what i asked, and i don't like headphones, only in-ear headphones.

fuck you, buy the HD600s anyway faggot

Only shitposting, user

I just ordered a pair of Bose QC 35.
Did I dun goof'd?

user, read the fucking thread. You're going to get shat on because:

1. Those are not HD600
2. They are Bose

I have a Dell monitor with an audio line out and used a $10 Koss VC20 volume control for a while. It worked fine but the quality was mediocre. I recommend getting an amp if you can afford it.

Buy the HD 600s, goy! The 6 gorillion calls for it!

>Isn't there anything cheaper than this?
>Seems a bit overkill to use with $50 in-ear headphones.

Wait for the Monoprice dac/amp to drop to $70 again?

Why the fuck can't you just use your mobo if you're that fucking skint?

If you really need active noise cancellation, then no. Just know that ANC is only good for certain kinds of sounds tho, it's not gonna block that squealing bitch in the next cubicle.

Literal botnet-tier/10, but you aren't going to get better noise cancelling headphones

>Why the fuck can't you just use your mobo if you're that fucking skint?

Because i also want to connect a Playstation 3 and other devices to it and want to get audio from the Audio line-out port.

>Bose
>not HD600s
get the fuck out of this general and never post here again

Meze 99 Neo
380 Pro
Custom Studio

>Buying open headphones
>Not even noise cancelling
>Not making your own noise cancelling open headphones
Spotted the brainlet

>Meze 99 Neo
Something about the way they look makes me intensely dislike them.
>380 Pro
Tried them, don't work for me as a mobile pair, get really hot.
>Custom Studio
Looks interesting. Any reason for that edition vs the Custom One Pro or Custom Street?

If I currently like my K7xx and its sound, would I like the HD700 as well? I'm looking for something that's more comfortable for longer periods of time.

Do you routinely fuck your ears with tiny treble dildos? If so, enjoy the HD700, otherwise, try elsewhere.

Bose is shit. Their whole company is build around 'secret technologies' and non existant testing. There is probably 5-10$ worth of chinese components in a 100$ bose heasphone

Any recommendations? I do enjoy my k7xx, but I want something "more" if that makes sense.

>Custom One Pro
They're not bad for V-Shaped cans and are very sensitive, use the same drivers as the DT770i though don't sound has good as the Custom Studio/DT770 80 Ohm.
>Custom Street
If you want on ears, it's there but I would get the HD25 for on ears.

Maybe look into planars?

Anyone here have experience with the Oneodio studio pro? Looks nice but not sure how good it is.

what is the closed equivalent to HD600?

I need help deciding on an amp and dac for my hd650s. Ive narrowed it down to schiit stack or NFB 11.28. But im still open for other options.budget is ~ $500

Schiit stack is brilliant for the 600/650. No idea on the NFB ut it seems like a bit of a meme maybe? either way it's fucking massive.

Complete ignorant here. Let's say I buy good headphones and an amp to power them properly, what is then the best way to connect the amp to my PC to access all of my music?

Objective 2 + HiFimeDIY Sabre ES9023.

Aren't they just part of the botnet if you have the Bose app installed?

magni 2 + mobo audio vs fulla 2 for dt990 250ohm. or something else? dont feel like spending an arm and a leg

Asked for IEM recs the other day, finally found some KZ ZS5's. Now I ask: how do you make these more comfy? are foam tips better than the rubber ones? The upgrade cables would make the sound even better, right?

Can someone recom
end me good earphones? Thanks!

Audeze lcd-2
Mr speakers aeon or ether
Stax

Although a budget would help because I read that as "end game price no object"

>that's a lot of fat heads
>"muh warmth"
you mean a veil?

Hey friends, I'm looking for new headphones and you seem like the people to ask

>Past headphones
Razer Kraken 7.1 usb. It did it's job but it had a major issue : it is SO LOUD, like, actually too loud. I can't start a new game / video without lowering the volume to 4/100. It is a nightmare toi balance and I would like the new one to be a lot more quiet

>Budget
100-300 flexible, not an audiophile and am not looking to ruin myself

>Location
France

>Source
Desktop, pref USB

>Type of headphone
Over-hears headset with mic

>Open or closed
Not sure

>Comfort level
pref very comfy, as I said, I'm not an audiophile but i wear them for long periods

>Sound signature

Ath-ad900x and a vmoda boom pro/antlion modmic.

Ditch the gamer shit. They look fancy but you would start regretting them after hearing better headphones.

Why don't they make them from metal? It'd only cost them like $2 extra per unit. Cheap fucks.

This.
Detachable mics are a much better option quality wise.

because you can charge $100 for an official Sennheiser headband when it breaks.

why bother and spend $20000 extra on 10000 units just to satisfy 1% of the customers when plastic is good enough for most situations?

mass production is a blessing and a curse

20k is pennies. That's probably how much their janitor makes in a year.

I tried pic related.

i think it's just placebo, maybe my tinnitus is slightly better?

I didn't see any earwax chunks come out of my ear though, did it just get dissolved completely by the peroxide? My other concern was that if it didn't work at all because I applied the drops but there was an air bubble in my ear so it never actually cleaned the eardrums.

well no my point was that penny pinching is a huge thing with mass production or anything mass. There will be other things they can save money on, and it'll all add up to big cash.

our workplace switched to shitty cheap pens from god-tier gel pens just so they could save like millions nation-wide.

The upgrade cable will not sound better, I bought it just for the looks. I haven't tried the stock cable to compare because I know it's pointless. Changing the tips changes the sound. Mess around with some until you find the best fit/sound. The stock medium size were better than around 10 other pairs I tried, including a nice foam pair.

For me it's the zs5. The best budget iem.

Their soundbar addons (like $10) do have headphone jack, but you're better off using your computer's headphone jack or getting a cheap amp+dac like the schiit fulla 2.

Sennheiser HD600. That's the one to get if you can afford them, and your budget says yes.

>hd600
>narrow soundstage
>no treble
>good for gaming

Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4

Not him but they are very good for gaming. The soundstage isn't wide but they have great positional accuracy.