There is literally no reason to buy any of these highest end...

There is literally no reason to buy any of these highest end, $800+ smartphones other than "look at me I have the newest and most expensive shit". And even that's a stupid reason since you'll be paying a retarded amount of money for a device that will be replaced and made obsolete within 6 months.

Stop being retarded with your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-s8-64gb-unlocked-midnight-black/5803741.p?skuId=5803741
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Theres literally no reason not to buy the highest end smartphones for better experience, and, well, looks.

Stop being poor.

>if you don't buy the most expensive things it means you're poor
>I have money therefore I MUST spend it on ridiculously overpriced stuff

Just shut up and follow paris hiltons advice

Americans love being stuck in a cycle of paying off stupid shit like phones endlessly.

that's a big hand...

>Smaller Bezels
>Much better performance, can emulate PSP and GameCube
>Good AMOLED high resolution screen
>Type C plug
>More efficient SoC usually
>Much better camera
>Better audio quality

It's a choice, why would you get flustered over how other people spend their money?

>can emulate PSP
5 year old phones can do that too, I don't think you should use that as a selling point.

I make $150k at 22 + side income from betting so I might as well buy myself nice things.

Sure you do.

Guess what, most people don't buy a new phone every year. There's a cycle that can last years, just like there is with people buying new computers/video cards etc. And just like in those cases there are the extreme few that gotta have the latest every year. They're very much into the minority, I would guess less than 5-10% and probably young adults.
So even though there are people buying the latest expensive phones at launch they're not doing it every year as you're suggesting.
Besides, why do you even care other than to try and feel superior.

Having a in that can be rooted is the modern equivalent of not being able to protect your family from bandits. Only limp-wristed men who don't care about their or their family's sovereignty in digital space brush this aside.

>other than "look at me I have the newest and most expensive shit".
I don't think i would even recognize any phone or its price.
It all looks the fucking same.
It takes a retard asking too much of society to delude himself into thinking anyone would recognize what he's using unless they were autistic or in the very business itself.

Dunno, I don't care about video quality, gaming performance or """"""Bezel size"""""" on a device I use for communication only.
>Got myself a 150$ chink phone
>decent screen size
>can browse Sup Forums
>can play music
>can use all communication apps

I don't need anything else.

That's wrong though, I'm still using the Nexus 6 I bought back in March 2015. I intend to keep using it until the battery dies at which point I will try and replace it.

>until the battery dies
Can't you just replace it?
Is my LG the only phone with replaceable batteries?

>at which point I will try and replace it.

These Jews are getting sneakier and building obsolescence into the device, but I heard a lot of people on leddit replaced the battery.
Supposedly it's tough to get OEM batteries though.

I've had my iPhone for literally 3+ years and I will probably have it for another 3 at least.

Seriously, you need to stop projecting.

Oh, i read that as the phone rather than the battery.

you sound like a salty europoor

When will this board get flags so we can spot the 3rd worlders and ignore them? They can't be allowed to have the same say on consumer, or any tech here.

You're right even if no one wants to admit it. If you do anything more on your phone than text, email, phone calls, and use business related apps you're most likely a fucking loser anyways.

>If you do anything more on your phone than text, email, phone calls, and use business related apps you're most likely a fucking loser

So the whole of the smartphone using world are losers? Nice life control for being a hopeless social spastic, dumb NEET.

is listening to music on the phone not allowed?

music is okay

Not that guy but it shouldn't be.
Get an mp3 player or shuffle or something.
The amount of moronic people i see throwing their phones accidentally just from pulling them out of their pockets or such shit and always when they are listening to music, is astonishing.
Especially in the gym. Phones flying everywhere and breaking apart.
Humanity is too stupid for such a task as listening music from a phone. Just clip a small mp3 player to your shirt or something and that's all.

>Sees Galaxy S8 for $1050
>LG G6 64GB Dual SIM with Hi-Fi DAC and dual cameras for $500
>Despite using an older CPU it's less laggy

Samsung is the Apple of the Android world.

I used to bring my phone top the gym to listen to music while lifting, but that's because it was an old smartphone and much more sturdy than today's phones.

Where do you live? Because I just got an S8 for $420, Best Buy is running a $300 off sale. I know for a fact that Apple doesn't do anything like that.

Agree, this board should be more focused on consumerism. And gaymes.

I got my Lg G6 for $120 on Fathers day....

>buying a smartphone that doesn't have removable battery and SD card slot
>buying a phone bigger than 5 inches
>buying a phone dearer than 250 bucks

The moto g3 is one of the best on the market and is pretty cheap

UU
UU

>$800
Still not interested though

I eventually gave up on Windows Phone and bought a $70 Adroid phone and holy shit this thing is unusably slow. I wish WP were still a viable platform, it's god tier for low end phones.

I paid over $1000 for my Google Pixel
Ask me almost anything

how big is your left nut

How laggy is it?

If two astronauts were on the moon and one killed the other with like a rock or something, would that be fucked up or what?

What's a phone that will last me 5-10 years? I take care of my phone meticulously but I notice that software updates tend to force people to update since apps will stop working if your phone does not get support. Currently on Moto E.

Norman sized
It's not
Survival of the fittest, no room for the weak on the moon.

" tend to force people to upgrade*"

The S8 case is literally glued close. And when you do manage to pry it apart you'll find the battery glued as well.

Price you pay for water resistant

Nothing a rubber band couldn't provide

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want a phone then anything will last as long as its battery doesn't die. If you want an actual smartphone that stays functional, nothing will last 10 years.

We can't even imagine the sort of technology smartphones will have 10 years from now. Using a 2017 phone in 2027 will be like using a cell phone from the 90s today.

If one can afford nice things comfortably, why not? That's like going to a rich person and saying, "Stop buying luxury cars, get a Honda instead. Also move out of your penthouse in Manhattan and get a 2 bedroom in goofyville instead." just.. why? if you can afford it why the fuck not

nobody gave a shit about bezel sizes three years ago and now it's a race to the bottom with this shitty feature no human being even needs

the phone manufacturers decided that you wanted it and everyone fell for it

why the fuck was this even allowed

You can't sell phones just by saying their camera has five sixtillion gigapixels anymore, so now you gotta make them invisible bezels

This consumerist attitude is fucking sickening. straighten out your priorities

you're telling me to give up the finer material pleasures of life for no reason.

If you don't waste your money on garbage like socializing, media and travel, it should be well within your budget.

$800 is not that much. Software is the most important factor in the purchase. That's the real reason NOT to buy Samsung or Apple.

>traveling
>garbage
I pity you.

the only reason i'd get a new phone is for a better camera. i have a galaxy s5 from 2014 and it runs great. i replaced the charging port cover a few months ago, only issue i've had.

Thanks user. My main focus would be great battery life, functional apps and good camera. Extra gimmicks like water res, fingerprint/iris scanner are not necesarry. I still have my note 2 fully functional but my carrier switched from CDMA to GSM so I can't use it anymore.

I have a note 5. It still runs great. the camera is amazing, screen is amazing, battery life is serviceable (I'm not a heavy user). 2015 is when phones got so good that there is now little reason to upgrade. the only reason I'm going to get a Note 8 or an iPhone 8 is because I critically injured my Note 5 and even though it's running fine, I feel like it could easily break at any time. Also, I would like water proofing. And Android is beginning to annoy me

shitty comparison
its not just people who can easily afford it that are constantly buying the latest and greatest piece of smartshit

>pissing away money on going somewhere and back with zero purpose

no, you can easily afford a new phone on minimum wage thanks to plans like iphone forever and monthly installments. the masses live check to check and get by fine.

Which brands are good in the software department then? I just want a phone that doesn't come with a thousand apps added by the manufacturer that I will never touch

>bixby button
a button dedicated for their shitty google assistant clone
>touchjizz
do I even have to say more?

yeah, no I think I'll just pick from the much better options coming our way soon.

>pissing away your money away to get run over by Achmed

I get more of a life changing experience and more nice memories from traveling than I do from using a phone.

Google, Motorola, Sony, Oneplus.

atm i have this oneplus X with some unscratchable backside and ive dropped it like 1000 times and it have not gone broked yet.
no reason to upgrade
last time i checked iphone 8 or whatever next one is is copy this ones design - the unscratchable backside.

s8 is on sale actually OP you piece of garbage

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-s8-64gb-unlocked-midnight-black/5803741.p?skuId=5803741

And maybe Nokia.

>life changing experience

>miss the bus and shit in a bush
>BUT IT HAPPENED IN KUALA LUMPUR

>not just buying a blu r1 hd from amazon,and using a rom

Way to go fags why waste 1k

Whatever, it's not my job to convince you of anything. And you seem determined to not understand any argument I could throw at you anyway.

also
>buying anything super phone exept iphone
why would u do this? fucking same shit as the cheaper ones, same android, same everything
braindead noobs LOL, mr samsung must laugh everyday

iphones are made by the same chinks as android chinks fag

This literally happens every time you call a travelfag out on their "life changing experiences" LMAO

What you're saying :stop being retarded with your money.

What I'm reading: OH GOD, MY iPHONE 4 MY MUM IS STILL PAYING FOR IS SO SLOW... STOP MY DEPRESSION I MIGHT COMMIT SUICIDE.

If a few hundred dollars for something you use constantly hurts, rethink life.

Where you can save money is by long replacement cycles. Buy a phone that's proven by early adopters then use it for years.

I have two S4 Galaxies. Hardcased when I got them (styling isn't important) and they remain fine for communication and navigation. If they cease to do what I need of them I'll buy something else. Easy.

I have notebooks and desktops for more advanced use.

I could not find a smartphone general or anything like that, maybe I'm fucking stupid but can someone recommend a good smartphone with a 500-700euro budget?
I just want to play FF Brave exvius and FF record keeper without any slowdowns, watch videos all comfy and use some basic messaging shit.
I'm I would prefer to stay around the 500euro area with price, but I can spare some more on top of that.

I'm fairly clueless about smartphones and I had some extra shifts at work last month so I have some money to burn.

The less bloatware there is on the phone, the better, but I'm sure I can figure out how to disable shit if need be.
Those one plus phones seem to be a hot meme, but I don't trust any random review sites online. Seems like that they consistently shill every turd that comes in.

It's not that it hurts, it's just that it's stupid and unnecessary to spend 900 bucks on a phone when you can get one for 200 that will do basically the same. The enthusiast tier of any kind of hardware is a meme, and smartphones are no exception.

ok, i'll bite:
why do you need two phones and four computers?

but has a user friendly os that dosnt stop responding all the fucking time
my android PHONE app have even stopped responding sometimes, never had that problem with applephone

so i guess u pay for something atleast....

>Stop being retarded with your money.
its my money, I can do whatever the fuck I want dude.
I'm not working my ass off to be a bitch.

he doesnt

I work for a quant trading firm :)

stop being poorfag

Basically this. Not to mention the fact that 99% of people only use their phones for Facebook Messenger or whatever the flavor of the month chat application happens to be, and gaming on a touchscreen is horrible no matter the specs.

can smartphones emulate ps2 yet?

S8 is like 550 $ nowadays.

Is the LG G6 any good? Here it usually sells for $900 but I'm getting a special discount from my carrier for just $350, but I heard the battery is shit and there's no point in rooting.

It's $30 a month for me

Core i7 PCs still struggle to run PS2 emulator games like Tales of Legendia, what makes you think phones will do better?

Got the Nexus 5 back in '14 still using it but now its starting to shit the bed so my phone carrier gave me a free S7

True. I have an iphone 6 right now, only looking to upgrade for waterproofing. Anything else? identical in features. Oh boy a camera that is marginally better-- I have a d750 for when I want to actually photograph things. Oh boy a larger screen-- except I have an ipad when I want to watch something on a mobile screen. Every iteration now just promises more gimmicks like >muh edge to edge screen or >muh thin bezels without actually giving any new functionality.

The worst is that I work with a few of these idiots who autistically froth over the newest gimmicky phones. whenever they get their newest edge-screen phones they have to show me how, look! you can still kind of see the phone on the edge! so cool!

big waste of fucking money

>muh performance

smartphone performance hit "good enough" five years ago. anything now is just dickwaving, you're never doing anything more advanced than decoding a video stream on your phone unless
>muh psp emulation
oh wow you're emulating an old shitty handheld with 0games-- even this was still possible years ago on the 2013-equivalent top of the line phone
>more efficient SoC
battery life has not changed in years
>much better camera
you're still taking snapshits with a shitty wide-angle camera when you could spend even $150 on an entry level point and shoot shit camera and get better bokeh, detail, low light performance, and a physical zoom.
>better audio quality
like.. the speakers? only blacks listen to their phones over speaker. The actual audio decode? android phones have supported flac since forever.
>type c plug
oh wow never mind this changes everything I take it all back, please take my $800 mr. steinberg.

>paying more in installments rather than purchasing outright and saving
tyrone...

>Within 6 months

How do dumb phones fare these days? I've avoided cellphones my entire life but even civil servants are starting to bitch at me for not having one.

Pic related I guess

Not sure how they do it in the US but here you can choose to pay the phone in installments with 0 interest, they just divide up the price of the phone over 24 equal monthly payments and there's no contract so you can always opt out and just pay the remaining balance. You don't lose any money vs paying outright.

I'd imagine they're excellent at receiving text messages and phone calls