I will install again windows 7 but have so much telemetry updates. how can i update and avoid this telemetry shit?

i will install again windows 7 but have so much telemetry updates. how can i update and avoid this telemetry shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
download.wsusoffline.net/
tweakhound.com/2017/02/11/blocking-windows-7-telemetry/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do a fucking google search for what updates slip the spying bullshit in and avoid them

>Ask me before downloading and installing updates/let me choose which updates to install

i need a tool uncheck all these updates. but i can't find. i can check one by one but takes very long time.

there's a box for all check/uncheck at the top of the list, also
>right click > hide this update

this is starting to seem like bait

>i can check one by one but takes very long time

read again.

Ancile. But I would recommend not bothering with it, it's a lost battle. If you don't want telemetry then don't use windows.

Use the Simplix update pack for windows 7. It's much faster than windows update and excludes all telemetry updates.

Honestly you incompetent telemetry fags need to move over to linux already.

i think, i will only install security updates. they don't have telemetry thing.

UpdatePack7R2
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html

>i will only install security updates. they don't have telemetry thing.
LMAO
confirmed for knowing nothing about what telemetry even is

>pinkofuckspeak

lel no. OP Just get Autopatcher and be comfy.

It's a curated update pack, updated on a monthly basis, excluding all telemetry and GWX related updates. It can also be integrated pre-install into the image (this includes Microsof's generic USB3 and NVMe drivers) so you won't have problems during installation with drivers.

i looked now but i found it suspicious because closed source and russian thing. what about wsus offline ?

download.wsusoffline.net/

ok. i will never update windows.

>i looked now but i found it suspicious because closed source and russian thing.
What? It's an archive, you can unpack it with 7zip too.

>what about wsus offline ?
Works, but it's slower and curation must be done by you otherwise you end up with GWX crap installed. Also integration is a pain in the ass, if you want to.

> worried about closed source
> using windows
Congratulations, you played yourself.

Install gentoo

Is wsus legit? How do they know which updates include telemetry?

>How do they know which updates include telemetry?
Even I know that and posted here multiple times, it's not that hard.

GUIDE FOR THE LAZY:
1. Install Windows 7
2. Run Windows Update, install all, restart computer. Repeat until there are no more updates available.
3. Run script from here: tweakhound.com/2017/02/11/blocking-windows-7-telemetry/
4. Put Windows Update on manually, check regularly, research each update before installing it/hide it if the Internet says it's bad.

I mean we know names of updates that install telemetry but how do we know that some security update wont silently install telemetry too? Its closed source after all.

>ok. i will never update windows.
wannacry

Do you think Microsoft wrote on those "TELEMETRY UPDATE HUE HUE HUE"? There are people that investigate what files are modified by individual updates and raise an alarm about anything suspicious they find.

>windows used have to choose between a shitty ui and getting no updates at all
so this.... is the power of closed source

I want to believe. Still every telemetry update that people usually suggest to block literally has "TELEMETRY UPDATE HUE HUE HUE" in the description.

we can uninstall this updates but they how we know they only uninstall updates, not installed telemetry with updates?

just scan downloaded files and exes with virustotal/malwarebytes.

>we can uninstall this updates but they how we know they only uninstall updates, not installed telemetry with updates?

bump