>Ugly as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/index.html
necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/p212-bk
necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/ea193mi-bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh here's this thread again.

who are you quoting

CRT is a much better technology than LCD. 1) Perfect black levels 2) Flawless off-axis viewing 3) Much faster refresh rate than LCD 4) Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules) 5) Far longer life-span 6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels 7) Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring Given ultimate space and money the world’s best CRT could easily crush the world’s best LCD. So tell me Sup Forums, why do you like your inferior screens that companies such as Samsung have brainwashed you to think is better than what already existed? The only cost-savings are on their end. And the funny thing is you guys keep buying this crappy LCD technology and giving away your free CRTs on Craigslist. A fool and his dollar are soon parted I guess. And before you start yapping about IPS panels: Enjoy your slow G2G response to switch pixels already, not to mention that hidden input and scalar lag. Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit. The only semi-legitimate point I’ve heard against CRTs regards weight, but you don’t bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping, do you? Didn’t think so.

Are low end CRT's like the Dell M782 any good?

Low end is low end, kid.

underage pls go

But is the DELLM782 any good?

Are you the same guy that made a thread about that monitor? There's one in my area being sold for like 10 bucks off cl

but muh nostalgia

yep

I payed 3 dollars for it and I keep going back and forth between my DELL1909W with it and just cant decide between the two

Why not use both? What do you do that makes you want to switch between the two

Cause it just weeks. Not everyone is a consumerist whore, who replaces their devices every 3 months

I love the Black levels of the CRT but its screen size is tiny feeling.

>just weeks
Werks, dammit werks

>4:3 in 2017
4:3 is superior for web browsing

There's a very simple reason.

I bought a used slim CRT for $20 to watch Batman: The Animated Series in my garage. I use Raspberry pi as it has no USB. CRTs are great for watching old TV stuff.

Just get a plasma, best of both worlds and they're cheap now

Because

I like the better viewing angles of CRTs, the fact that they can accurately portray low resolutions, and their far greater tolerance of rough handling than LCDs have. I resisted upgrading to an LCD a long time for those reasons. Even so, I very much do not want to go back -- the advantages of LCDs have WELL surpassed the advantages of CRTs.

(I do miss degaussing though.)

There is literally nothing wrong with 4:3.

Literally shit compared to any modern display.

Thanks for spaces so I don't have to waste time putting them there
>shitty screen size
4:3 17" is enough vertically
Not an argument I could easily just say
>16:9 in 2017
>Weights an absolute fuck ton
Not my problem. I'm not poor so I have good sturdy desk
>takes up too much space on a desk
True but again I'm not poor so I don't have a small desk either
>Blurry
>he thinks the point of a CRT is sharpness
>Eye Strain like no other
Good thing I'm not poor so I can afford another fucking monitor
>that whiny hiss noise they make
Again good thing I can afford another monitor
>Stupidly reflective glass
Your problem. I don't have my back towards my windows
>VGA
You don't need more bandwidth to drive 1280x1024 monitor
>Ugly as fuck
(You)r opinion

10/10 made me reply
Thanks for the spaces

Those things still exist?

I use a CRT to watch my VHS tapes and maybe other outdated shit. That's about it.

I really want to like CRTs but the fact of the matter is that quite a few of them do making whining noises, most of them do not support high resolutions without cranking the refresh rate down to unacceptable levels, they use a ton of power, and VGA is becoming less and less supported.

I actually used one a while back until it's whining got worse and I couldn't handle it anymore. Still believe 4:3 is the superior aspect ratio.

/thread

seek help immediately

I wish modern day CRT were a thing.

I use mine to consume pretty much any kind of entertainment media, but if I have to work I'll need to use an LCD for it's pixel perfect capabilities.

Until consumer grade OLED TVs are a thing, I don't see myself getting rid of my CRT any time soon.

I use a PVM mainly for GameBoy Color games, and would definitely get a nice CRT monitor for computing. I found one on CL where I'd have gotten paid $20 to get a 2048x1536 CRT but I didn't have a car then

You're skipping the part where you're looking at a fishbowl and the image can never truly be flat.

>Far longer life-span

I doubt that, CRTs fade just like LCD's except that while replacing the CCFL/LEDs is easy, you can crank up the flyback transformer on a CRT only so many times.

Nice setup! Love the old school audio gear and the CRT. That's a cool telephone too. I thought I was one of the very few users here who still has POTS service. I guess not :)

>You want to buy a CRT, but you don't have a car.
I know this feeling all too well.

t. Gaymur

user don't mess with the CRT people. It's like 2 guys now and they won't ever listen to reason.

oh boy that looks cozy, love it

>>shitty screen size
sufficient screen size for me and many others
:3 in 2017
A really nice res for reading imo
>>Weights an absolute fuck ton
I do not lift my monitor everyday nor is my desk made out of wet indomie noodles
>>takes up too much space on a desk
This is a legit negative
>>Blurry
Depends on model and make
>>Eye Strain like no other
Not more than shitty tn panels
>>that whiny hiss noise they make
THIS,I hate that 16KHz they make,fuck that
>>Stupidly reflective glass
Like all the glossy LCD's?
>>VGA
Its an analog sceen
>>Ugly as fuck
It's a rectangle...

Sometimes geometry issues can get so bad that the only way to fix them would be to open up the monitor and mess with the magnets to adjust, although this usually only becomes a problem when a monitor has been transported a long distance from it's original latitude (I think). The complaint about resolution is such bullshit though, we had crts with 2000 lines long before anyone got close with lcds

Can you post that Asuka background?

get the fuck out of here grandpa.

goddamn this looks comfy.

>tfw no 1080p low-profile CRT
I know we have the technology but nobody seems to want it or care.

This entire post literally proves one would and should rather have an LCD. Nice job, moron.

>Not having a 16:10 2560x1600 screen fro £10
Who got

retard "spacing" is worse than reddit spacing
although i guess you make some good points

Good CRT's are razor sharp m8!

Color accuracy, that's pretty much it.

You're either too young, or were forced to use a crt long after it was obsolete because poverty.

I like them as a spare because it can do 640x480 RGB from a console,. Dreamcast looks amazing via RGB and a gonbes board + scanline generator does wonders for old 240p consoles.

slot cpus, nice, Misato a best waifu though

Why?

Fuck, what are some good quality CRTs right now?

Eizo F980

what are you even saying

Can't find any for sale. I don't want to get an old cheap CRT that flickers.

you're right OP
look at the advantage 16:9 gives me! jeez how could anyone live without this?

The flickering's from the refresh rate, you just need one that runs at ≥85Hz

>make browser window less wide
>put other windows like your music player, torrent client, etc. beside it

retard

So find any CRT monitor with a refresh rate higher than 85 hz and I won't get into a problem?

Nostalgia,thats why i use mine

>having to resize windows constantly
no thanks turd. only if I were to use tiling wm

I love how fa/g/g/ots vouch for CRTs like their the end all be all way to view things and as soon as you show it to a normal human being they'll say something along the line of "wow, this looks really old and retro!". No sane normal human being would choose a CRT over a modern flat-screen. You are completely alone in your thinking compared to the rest of the world and I'd love to see when you recommend a CRT to a normal person by convincing them of the positives you mentioned, and them being mad at you because it's blurry and not HD. Your worldview is wrong. I will agree that smart TV's are cancer, though.

Most CRT tellies are 100Hz
Anythong over 1280x1024 and be driven at a lower resolution @85Hz

>using an OS that is too dumb to remember the sizes and locations of your windows
>not using Windows

I'm using Windows 7. It doesn't remember shit.

>using Windows

Convince me why I should get a CRT for my dual-screen setup.

hd content on lcds will always look better. but, /vr/ will argue all day long that crts are the way retro games are meant to be played. generally, dithered areas in reto games look dithered on lcds but look shaded on crts.

Fantastic picture for reasons listed above
Good 19" ones go well over 1080p or 80Hz
Cost between £1-10

>Wasting all those deep colours to play super mario on the snes in 256 colours
Fucking gamefags!

"ayo dis nerd nigga said I should get a CRT so I got one, check dis shit"
"Nigga what the fuck that shit looks old and busted as fuck dawg."
"Fuck nigga, thought my cracka buddy had my back, doe. Was gon give him some fine she-boon bucci but now we just finna beat this crackas ass, right after we hit up Best Buy to get dis bomb ass 4k shit this indian nigga recommended me."

Why've you turned into American black bloke?

>tfw no modern 4:3 or 5:4 monitors
>tfw 16:10 dying fast

just painting an accurate picture of what happens when Sup Forums or anyone on Sup Forums thinks their recommendations have any merit in the real world.
"ayo dis nigga Stallman recommended a ThinkPad, he says this shit gonna be fire, les turnt dis shit on"
"Niggga all I see are fuckin black screen and white text, what the fuck?"
"nigga what the fuck is a GNU"
"god fuckin DAMN my nigga this cracka got me again, I was funna get dis fire ass AlienWare laptop for call a duty n' shiet and dis richard FAGGOT fucked me again, les beat this fat cracka's ass"

They're around. Just in the higher end range

5:4? Got a link?

Here's something better if you have the coin, traveler.

eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/index.html

Not that guy, but here are NEC 4:3 and 5:4 IPS displays, and they're relatively new models made long after 4:3 and 5:4 were on their way out.

necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/p212-bk

necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/ea193mi-bk

Any more good CRT recommendations? I'm also interested.

Glorious. How much is it?

Thanks m8, these are actually affordable.

You know this is an artifact of websites being designed for vertical phone screens.

>it's real
I might cum.

nec

I would like to start by apologizing to all the CRT users that have horror stories that involve lcdfags, stories that I never believed. Because today I met my first lcdfag. I was in lecture when the usual guy that sat next to me was either absent or this asshole decided to just take his seat. That's fine I'm cool with it. Half an hour in we started typing, me on my typical 19" CRT and him on a puny little LCD laptop. That thing barely even extended to my own desk. I didn't give a fuck because my CRT was 19" so I had room. Then this idiot started to do some weird shit with his screen, minimizing and enlarging it. I don't know what he did because I'm a noob at LCDs but it showed like 5-6 screen at one time. Well he was doing this constantly which forced him to miss alot of the notes. So he had to look over to my CRT to read some of the notes he missed because he was fucking around with his LCD screen. This guy was starting to piss me off. Then he whispered to me, "Your CRT screen is so easy to read it's so crystal-clear." In which I promptly reply, "Maybe if spend the time copying the notes instead of fucking around with your LCD screen then you wouldn't have to copy off me.." He was silent for a while then came back with, "I didn't know you were going to be an asshole about it." I stayed silent then he moved seats because I was about to knock both him and his shitty LCD laptop on the floor. He said, "I'm moving seats," I told him Good GTFO out of here. I was ready to get in a fight with this fucker. It's not because he owned an LCD but the way he acted while COPYING the notes I take because he was too busy e-cock sucking his tiny monitor.

>4:3 is always bad/worse
And you're still on this board?

>"Hey nice CRT"
>GTFO FAG

This is like, one of those "baits", isn't it?

?

1) Perfect black levels
2) Flawless off-axis viewing
3) Much faster refresh rate than LCD
4) Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules)
5) Far longer life-span
6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
7) Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring

Given ultimate space and money the world's best CRT could easily crush the world's best LCD. So tell me Sup Forums, why do you like your inferior screens that companies such as Samsung have brainwashed you to think is better than what already existed? The only cost-savings are on their end.

And the funny thing is you guys keep buying this crappy LCD technology and giving away your free CRTs on Craigslist. A fool and his dollar are soon parted I guess.

And before you start yapping about IPS panels:
Enjoy your slow G2G response to switch pixels already, not to mention that hidden input and scalar lag. Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit.

The only semi-legitimate point I've heard against CRTs regards weight, but you don't bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping, do you? Didn't think so.

>The only semi-legitimate point I've heard against CRTs
I heard that CRTs hurt your eyes

>1) literal x-rays through your face
>2) If you think glossy LCD is bad for reflections, wait until you see actual glass CRT screens.
>3)Best CRT is Sony 16:10 at "24" inches (actually 22.5 viewable), and there will never be anything better made. It cannot be purchased new, you won't get any warranties ever, and their functionality is only degrading further as we speak.
>4) LED backlit LCDs (pretty much any modern LCD) have a very long MTBF, on par with that of CRT.

I Used to have one of this in black, the image Quality was absolutely great

>x-rays through your face
Instantly invalid

>Did you guys know that first get TN panels weren't as good as CRT in certain things?
No shit sherlock.
>6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
And now you are just showing your ignorance, pixels on CRT do "burn out"

For smash melee you fucking casual

>crt
>low profile
Anything with an aperture grille tube such as Trinitron or Diamondtron.

>Minolta

That's a pasta, not only that it has already been posted on the this thread.

>instantly invalid
I guess if the x-ray hits the right part of the brain??

Old games. Don't need it for Brood War anymore though.

man that looks comfy as fuck, my room is bland and shit... idk how to spice it up like that