[fails after a couple hundred uses]

[fails after a couple hundred uses]

The cable usually fails before that, only the shitty cheap ones tho. I really liked Mini USB, it was so sturdy compared to the flimsy micro USB.

I agree mini USB was much better than micro.

That's what you get for being a poorfag

Micro is much worse

USB C is best

Mini USB was rated at between 1,000 and 5,000 insertions. Micro is rated at at least 10,000.
It only seems flimsy because it's smaller and that makes it easier to damage by hamfisting

[only ever had a single mini or micro usb cable fail on me and it was a cheap tiny one that came with a chinesium power bank]

I got this, whatever it is, and usb c on my device. Buying an usb c character, cables, and this thing and a dongle for usb c costs 1/4th of the device itself. I'd take a normal micro usb 2.0 over this.

usb c charger*

That's micro USB 3.

Mini USB was garbage. It almost always failed on the port which was the part that was considerably harder to replace plus it was rated for fewer insertions so it would fail earlier than micro USB.

If it breaks, buy another one for literally $0.99 on eBay or Aliexpress you cheap retard.

>connecting nothing with nothing

I have one of these on my galaxy s5 and one on my external hard drive

USB C will also fair after couple hundred times, every cables will. This is just nature of wear and tear.

>cables should be indestructable
>pic related? that's not an issue

mini usb ports have a far higher tendency to fail, part of the design spec for micro was an improved socket design to mitigate stress on the solder connections

it's less relevant for things like keyboard connections but mini usb ports on things like cameras are usually the first thing to go if it isn't the sd socket itself

Kek

Someone thought this was a good idea.

Don't tell me that's some raspberry pi cable because I had to order another one AGAIN recently. I mean I guess it's a universally shitty cable. They are still cheaper than a date with an Ameri-skank so there's that at least.

Type B master race

>old printer intensifies

micro usb fails in a couple dozen uses.
I have never seen a miniusb cable fail.

USB C looks to be the most reliable cable yet

>is rated
And then you realize 9/10 cable manufactures use a floating-2part design in which only one side clips on and the wight of the cable itself uses the single cliping point as a lever to break the plastic insert causing the 5v to short out on the grounded sheath

Ive had usb cables actually burn me, felt like touching a hot lighter

It's the USB philospohy.

Cheap cable breaks > Expensive port breaks

It's a reflection of society and the disposability of men. A male USB cord can be easily and cheaply replaced, but a female USB connector is expensive and takes a lot of effort to replace.

I hope i will never need to use a micro usb female or male connector.
I want to see it dieing more than i want to see HDMI die.
fucking shit Connector.

>I'd take a normal micro usb 2.0 over this.
You can plug in a micro USB 2.0 no problem.

OP's pic is also type B. Please learn what you're talking about.

That thing will have it's cable insulator stripped off after an order of magnitude smaller amount of connections than usb mini. I literally never saw one of those apple cables intact in my life.

OP pic is USB mini type b, not usb type b.

I wish this was more common, on devices that don't need a miniature plug. My scanner comes with a USB Micro connector, I was like what the fuck, the weight of the flatbed could bend the fucking connector if it ever fell off my desk.

>OP pic is USB mini type b, not usb type b.
grasp harder

Actually I have never had a mini usb port fail yet I've had countless devices with micro usb ports that were utterly trashed even with normal use due to the shitty ass clips catching on the port. Retarded design with absolutely no benefit. Simplicity is always the right answer. Not some shitty overly complex clip mechanism.

>when that port is just small enough that you have to yank the cable out
>when you can't get a good grip of the device because it's so exposed

These are the sturdiest that I've used. I have about 5 of them from different devices, and only use 2, and they haven't failed me yet for around 5 years.

[fails after a single use]

ive had a nexus 6p since launch and the usb-c port still feels new

Still better than micro.

REMINDER THIS IS A CORPORATE SHILL THREAD MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SPAMMED Sup Forums EVERY DAY WITH
>REMINDER THE 3.5MM IS THE REASON PHONES ARE THICK
LITERALLY MONTHS BEFORE THEY OFFICIALLY REMOVED THE AUDIO JACK

THEREFORE A COUPLE OF MONTHS FROM NOW THEY WILL OFFICIALLY GO BACK TO PROPRIETARY CONNECTORS LIKE IN 2003

YOU WERE WARNED

Why? USB-C>Mini USB>Micro USB. Pretty much any proprietary cable is better than Micro, but worse than Mini.

You keep saying that but it isnt true

>You keep saying that
It's literally the first time I've said that.
>but it isn't true
Yes, it is. I would take a fucking lighting port over Mini.

I disagree vehemently

fuck this thing and fuck intel for using this piece of shit

that is USB 3.0 (or USB 3.1 Gen 1 if you prefer) Micro B. Distinct from USB 2.0 Micro B.

It's a fucking horrid connector.

USB C is a little expensive right now but it is worth it. USB C is the future and everyone here should be trying to make it so.

I got anxiety just looking at those

autism gore

>well, I guess it's time to buy another one for 1 USD

Found the printer salesman

Mini B is shit, type B is top tier

Nobody is grasping don't be a little bitch

Type B is very common on monitors that use USB for stuff. All 5 of my monitors, 4 with USB hubs (one is even 3.0) and one touchscreen, use Type B.
It's probably gonna start becoming less common with USB-C, though.

Also if your flatbed falls off your desk, I'm sure you'd have other things to worry about than bending the connector, such as the glass shattering and internals getting wrecked.

Lol dumb nerd, you CAN use a regular micro USB on those devices. The fat part of your 3.0 cable is just a microusb