Mint

Is it really that bad?

it werks

Far from the best.
But if you already got your system up and running - don't bother with distro hopping.

any substantial performance difference using Arch? or nah..

It's not that great. If you know what you're doing then use Fedora or Debian. If you're an "expert" then you should use Gentoo or OpenBSD. If you're totally new to anything other than Windows or OS X, then just use Ubuntu MATE or Sparky Linux MATE or XFCE.

This.

Distro hopping is most retarded thing on Sup Forums and Linux world. If it just werks(tm) there is absolutely no need to try anything else.

explain this meme.

Mint has been my daily driver for the last 6 months now and I have to admit that it's pretty comfy.
The UX feels good imo (and is easily customizable), all the software I need (internet browsers, IDE's, virtualization software, office stuff) works without any problems and thanks to the debian base you get all the updates and .deb's you want.
If you don't care about ricing the shit out of your OS and look for something that just works, install mint.

it's like saying
first you should drive electric, then a gas engine and when you're an expert you should drive steam powered car with manual coal loading every 10 miles

I'm an expert and maybe because of that I don't see a need to use retarded systems for web cred on Sup Forums of all places as my daily driver... the more things I have to fix, compile, configure manually the less time I have to do stuff I actually care about.
once you stop being a neet and actually work for a living, you'll understand that free time comes at a premium and you just want to get on with watching game of thrones, have a wank and go out, without spending evening troubleshooting compilation chain of 25 codecs

It werks, but it looks like shit and isn't as snappy as some of the other options.

arch is literally a meme operating system. Don't fall for it

It you are experienced with Linux distros and security issues and you like Mint then it is fine. Otherwise, there are much better alternatives.

Arch runs better than anything else.

>Arch runs better than anything else.
[Citation needed]
All GNU distros are essentially the same. The only differences lie in default configuration and compiling flags. Since Arch maintainers are mediocre NEETs that don't split packages, don't configure shit properly, use untested upstream releases and don't make dependencies optional; I seriously doubt Arch has a better performance than Debian or a properly configured Gentoo install.

>default configuration and compiling flags
That's a pretty big basket.
>what default applications
>menus, preferences, iu control panel options.
>default enabled services
>et fucking cetera

What are you even talking about? Arch has plenty of split packages and supports optional dependencies.

i use kde neon these days

I'm already planning on trying Mint for my first Linux distro. Which DE is the most ricable?

I also considered openSuse.

I use i3 on top off mint. Roast me

meh. focus on learning basic command line starting with package management and work up to bash scripting. rice later.
mint's cinnamon desktop is nice and comfy.
lxappearance is the easy way to apply themes icons etc. to a i3 setup on mint. and compton with a nice config you can find something that works gud on pastebin or somewhere.

MintUp!

Why don't people just use Fedora like Linus?

When you get on Linus's level, you can even make fedora werk.