/spg/ - Smartphone General

"Can't Wait For Note 8" Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j5_2017-review-1637.php

Lenovo is dropping the Vibe Pure UI for stock Android
gsmarena.com/lenovo_is_dropping_the_vibe_pure_ui_for_stock_android-news-26591.php

iPhone 8 display assembly spotted in the wild, no Touch ID in sight
gsmarena.com/iphone_8_display_assembly_spotted_in_the_wild_no_touch_id_in_sight-news-26610.php

Grab Huawei Honor 8 for as low as $259 ($140 off)
gsmarena.com/grab_huawei_honor_8_for_as_low_as_259_140_off-news-26604.php

Leaked image shows 3,300mAh Galaxy Note8 batteries
gsmarena.com/leaked_image_shows_3300mah_galaxy_note8_batteries-news-26605.php

SHARP AQUOS S2 officially coming on August 14, will be announced Aug 8
gsmarena.com/sharp_aquos_s2_officially_coming_on_august_14_will_be_announced_aug_8-news-26603.php

BLU Products on Twitter: "Hey BLU fans! After a false alarm, BLU devices are now back up for sale on Amazon
twitter.com/BLU_Products/status/893596903048347650

old

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g-plus-5th-gen-4g-lte-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-fine-gold/5764800.p?skuId=5764800
4dollarsmartphone.com/cart.html
amazon.com/Samsung-GT-C3520-International-Version-Unlocked/dp/B00766BG6S/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also fuck you for making me make this thread

Best Buy is having a huge sale today.
The G5 Plus is on sale for 229. bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g-plus-5th-gen-4g-lte-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-fine-gold/5764800.p?skuId=5764800
It might be better to wait for the G5S right around the corner.

>copying two week old news
Nice job, retard. If you can't be bothered in doing it right then don't do it at all.

OP 5, S8 or U11
I like to take photos when I go traveling.

U11

YOTA 3
>5.5inch 1080p AMOLED
>5.2inch 720p e-ink on the back
>Snapdragon 625 with Adreno 506
>4GB RAM
>Fingerprint scaner on front
64GB = $350, 128GB = $450

Is your body ready?

Should I enable 'Use sRGB' in LineageOS 14.1 developer options on my Redmi Note 4X? I thought that option catered specifically to 6P and Pixels.

I'm looking to get a 64GB MicroSD for my new Smartphone. What's the best brand for a decent price?

Is there any practical alternative to the Google botnet?

Wileyfox Swift 2 X vs Nokia 5/6?

Has any of you ever own a vivo phone ?
How was it ?

I already have the Lenovo P2. Cost only £199, so i can wait a few more years.

>s8 with a pen
Yeah what's to be excited about?

why do people pay so much money for smartphones? you can get one for like 30 bucks and people pay hundreds on an annual basis for them. literally what's the point?

already pulled a trigger on s8 plus
russniggers took too long
not the best eink screen either

And a dual camera

Any particular reason to not buy Meizu?

Flyme, Mediatek

>1100 dollar phone

ill stick with my s8 the spen isnt worth a grand

E S S E N T I A L

Between the two, Pixel 1 or the LG V20

who /disable all animations/ here?

Any normal person. Objectively better

pulling down the quickmenu is the only awkward thing since it's kinda jarring without transitions at first but same.

imo the only justifiable reason to spend so much money on a phone is if you want the best camera available otherwise it's just a waste.

How do anons feel about Zenfone 4 2017 models?

why are upcoming phones so shit?

pixel 2 && essential have no headphone jack
note 8 is made by samsung
oneplus 5 is made by a shit-tier company

what other options do i have?

you have the option of buying a budget/mid range phone and spend your money on something way more fun and/or useful than a phone.

So I bought a used Moto X two years ago for $160 off Amazon, it was pretty much new. My case broke a few weeks ago so I took it off and never got around to putting it back on. Yada yada I shattered the screen and worst of all there sand in the micro USB port.

On Verizon, whats the next cheapo used phone I can buy?

IPhone

wtf you want you autist ?

What's the best call and message blocker for Android?

I told you not to take that loan user.

Who has experience dealing with Verizon?

I got a bug on their website where it believes I've paid for half of my phone after only a couple months' payments. I want to get rid of this shitty iPhone. Should I attempt to use the upgrade or do you all think it would be kicked back?

So my S5 has completely gone to shit, I've got to buy a phone out right for the first time because plans only really offer Samsung & Apple with who I'm with, so I'm thinking OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5 or Google Pixel?

meh i have more money than I know what to do with. dropping 1k on a phone isnt a big deal

no headphone jack. although if im going to compromise with no heahpone jack i might as well go back to iphone so my apps actually work.

a phone with top of the line specs, headphone jack, good customer support, and as close to stock android as possible. is that too much to ask for?

Looks nice It seems the body is made from metal because of the antena lines.
I am using the yotaphone 2 and still waiting to upgrade, they will officially launch it in 23rd august in the russian embasy in China.

>a phone with top of the line specs, headphone jack, good customer support, and as close to stock android as possible. is that too much to ask for?

Yes, you are an autist.

Is Nova Launcher FOSS? If not are there any good alternatives that are?

So I bought a Moto G5 Plus on Amazon yesterday since my S7 Edge went to shit. Is it a good replacement phone?

Should I get the Aquos S2, the Mi Mix, or wait for the Mix 2?

>S2
not the S2, the Crystal 2, sorry for the mixup

>tfw you drop your new 22 day old phone
I fucking hate loose pajama pockets now. It left an almost invisible dent on the frame because it was like a

>still no Nougat for g4 play
It's the first smartphone I've ever owned (used only shitty bricks before)

Some user some threads ago told me they optimized it like shit, to the point he had to reflash marshmallow because nougat was "laggy and unusable".
I'm a Latam monkey and I don't know if the thing is ever coming here anyway. I don't know how OTAs work and I don't know if they're segmented by regions or what, but I sure as shit haven't gotten it. This is supposedly "up to date".

I'll wait and see the reviews and people's opinions before updating. If it's shit then I'll just stick with marshmallow.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nougat ran like shit, though. G4 play is pretty much a budget phone.

My Nexus 4 has finally kicked the bucket and I want a new Android.

Oneplus 3T or Pixel?

>be me, have regular android
>decide to install lineageOS because I like free software and want to remove bloat
>plan on removing gApps because fucking google botnet
>I need apps like Instagram and Snapchat to talk to my friends in their normie group chats because I can't join their iMessage groupchats
>hear of apps like Yalp Store that let you install APKs from the Play Store so I assume you can install Instagram and Snapchat on them
>install F-Droid then install Yalp from within it
>open yalp
>literally every app has "requires Google Play Services" including Instagram and Snapchat
>the web version of Instagram doesn't have messaging and Snapchat doesn't even have a web version
>I now have no friends all because of FOSS
thanks Obama

I'm running AOKP on my Moto G4 Play, Android Nougat - couldn't be happier with it

Should I really wait Sup Forums? This is a tempting offer.

No unless you care for the dual camera and it will have a higher price tag too

>"Can't Wait For Note 8" Edition
hope your home insurance covers fires and damage from bad electronics.
also, check if your car insurance has fire provisions too.
also, get life insurance so your family can get some money for your funeral.

Pixel

I work in the wireless industry, not with Verizon specifically, but usually when there's a bug in the system like this, the company has to honor it.
Just try to keep screenshots as documentation in case they try to pull anything.

I literally can't understand how anyone would be excited for a new Samsung flagship with the ultimate cancer that is Bixby pre-installed.
It is utter bloatware garbage, there is no way to disable it and the rollout has been atrocious.

YeahButWaiTho?

soon it gets hacked and people install custom ROMs on it. get rid of bixby and remap the button to something else.

If you are getting it at the same price as op3t it's a great deal a better phone in every respect

Yeah and loose the camera and half the functionality in doing so

I thinking of changing my Note 1 after 5 years of use.

Should I go for mid-range phones? Or go retarded and go for high end memes like S7 or S8?
There's a deal on Xiamo Redmi 4A/X and Note, I hear good things about them, are they true?
What about Huawei line (P9, P10, Lite variants) Are they worth the price?

Thanks senpaitachi.

Huawei p10 or LG G6 or save the money and get a moto g5+

I've heard that the Moto Z2 Force is kinda crap.
Why is that? I want a top of the line phone for games and I've grown unable to live without the Moto features.

bruh the G5+ isn't that much better than the G4+
just get that instead

Buy 10(+1) or nah?
4dollarsmartphone.com/cart.html

I use my phone almost all the time, and I want to stop. Are there any good flip phones these days?

Help me pull the trigger, /spg/

S8 has the best camera out of all of them I think.

Go to your local carrier's store and try some out.

How can I get Sprint to switch my phone for a different one without paying an early termination fee?

>Note 1
Holy shit user, you're in for one heck of an upgrade with _any_ phone you choose nowadays.

Restock fucking when
amazon.com/Samsung-GT-C3520-International-Version-Unlocked/dp/B00766BG6S/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

You guys failed to stop me, so I bought the Galaxy A5 2017. I hope you're happy with that.

Current Galaxy S5 owner here, going to upgrade soon. Can someone suggest 3 good options with micro usb? I don't need latest just want an upgrade with better battery
>No apple

Okay Sup Forums, I recently broke my beloved Galaxy S7 edge from a meter high drop (THE FIRST AND ONLY DROP IT HAD!). It was a really good phone and introduced me to the world of Android, unfortunately, I currently don't have the funds for a replacement in the same price range.

I am currently eyeing on a Moto G5 Plus which seems to be the current best mid range budget phone on the market, among tech sites at least. Is there a better phone than it in the same price range or is the Moto G5 plus really the current best. I'm in the US on T-mobile.

HTC 10

what's the most freetard friendly phone one can buy?

What's wrong with flyme and Mediatek?

Galaxy S2, you can even replace the Samsung SBL with u-boot for maximum freetard

Sale is over. Fuck.

Meme battery
Levenvo p2, rm4/4x,g5+

Unless you wanna get a chink phone with shit 4g reception that's the best phone in that price range

It's not hardware related and I would prefer avoid creating a Reddit account to ask this but, does anyone know how to stop Messenger from downloading the snapchat-like update by itself ?
Messenger lite doesn't work well on my device, so I tried the classic Messenger app.
50mb from the play store and perfect interface (no meme bubble or story selfie shit), but it actually downloaded a lot of data to basically update itself.
Is there a way to prevent this and stay on the "stock" version ?

While its not truly free, IMO the best compromise while still being practical is just buying a phone you can easily unlock the bootloader and root.
Install something transparent like LineageOS and just dont install Gapps.
Use Fdroid instead

Has anyone bought a siswoo before?

>go to their site
>pay for monster r8 with paypal
>they let the transaction go through
>don't receive a package
>email them with paypal transaction number
>email them again after 2 weeks with no response
>get refund from paypal, send them emails as proof
>it's been escalated

I don't know what they're doing but it's not selling phones to paying customers.

just go with xiaomi redmi note 4 snapdragon processor. its has a huge battery (lasts one and half day on moderate use), metal body ips 5.5 display with octacore processor.

it lags nfc, bluetooth 5.0 and usb type c and fast charging.

gaming is great, and no heating problem.

Wait 2 months for the V30
New camera is going to be a game changer

Use your browser with notification if messenger is that important

>Buy LG V30
>Trying to take some sick ass underage creepshot on the train
>Bootloops

I got the S7 last year, apart from malware everywhere it's not bad.
Not even Google's bloatware can ruin it.

But you will be tracked 24/7.

What's the best free music player you can use?
I use BlackPlayer, but I've found it a bit annoying to use (doesn't slide from menu to menu well - tends to not do what you want it to do).

I had an S2 until last year.
It worked fine, but it's nearly at the end of it's span of usage. Definitely pay no more than $50.

>Galaxy S5 owner here, going to upgrade soon
Why?
S5 should be fine.
S7/S8 is orwell tier.
S6 is ok though.

Use aptoide and alternative apps.
Get better friends.

HTC's still good?

he wants what Nexus 5 used to be kinda sorta

What's a decent low-midrange ASUS phone?

Friend asked to recommend him one, and he insists he wants an ASUS, but I don't know jack about their phones

Just get him the Zenfone 3.

With the Zenfone 4 here it should be seeing some nice price drops.

Reminder that chink overlords are going to shit on everybody else on the bezelless meme by being a year ahead of everyone else yet again.

Mi Mix 2 in the middle.

Got a sandisk ultra for 16€ from Amazon, it's not worth getting sharks anymore