User Scripts (including opengl shaders):
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

High quality video playback profile:
profile=opengl-hq

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/wiki/Comparison
github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-LoaderAndValidationLayers/issues/2016#issuecomment-323710378
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/commit/bc15d6ad43ff3aee18fe09a7c89bce9ed65f443b.patch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/madvr/

I think like 80% of the time the first post is from you :O

09:46 >undebuggable segfault in libnvidia-glcore.so
09:46 so much for vo_vulkan
09:46 died on literally the last piece of code missing to make it complete
09:49 unless somebody wants to try reverse engineering the assembly to figure out what it's doing

>libnvidia
>nvidia

so vulkan's still a G O on intel and amd?

Is there a possible way to make the browser open the WEBMs in mpv?

I love how ungoogled chromium works but it shits itself trying to play some large WEBMs.

vo_vulkan requires an nvidia-only vulkan extension

So its vendor specific and wont work with amd gpu?

but vulkan games work fine on my amd card. what's different about vo_vulkan for video output?

bjin made prescalers comparison wiki github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/wiki/Comparison

So NNEDI is vastly superior to Ravu?

He should add ravu smoothtest1 and maybe ngu-aa medium/high comparisons too.

Apart from some ringing (mostly fixed in smoothtest1) RAVU looks better to me. Much better and more natural looking lines. Also less errors in image.

>Windows 10
>I want to shuffle whole music folder and listen to it
>PowerShell handles inputs like shit
>can't shuffle music in pseudo-GUI mode
wat do

I do it like this:

right click, copy link location, press $mod+m (which calls mpv "$(xsel -ob)")

They want something that converts their glsl shit into vulkan mess.

Yes and it's 5x faster than nnedi3.

Command Prompt also doesn't handle shift+down correctly
do typical Linux terminal emulators handle it properly?

NGU AA (very high) result. All madvr settings maxed except dithering (ordered).

>So its vendor specific and wont work with amd gpu?
Yes.. well, you could try getting AMD to implement VK_NV_glsl_shader?
>but vulkan games work fine on my amd card. what's different about vo_vulkan for video output?
It requires GLSL support

Can someone ask bjin if that picture is anime art or a screenshot from real anime?

It's from a movie, 聲の形

put the romaji or the English title you fucking faggot (Koe no Katachi)

Why? Everyone on Sup Forums can read Japanese?

Hey bjin! Can you share your mpv config?

I'm not bjin, I just happened to recognize the movie because I watched it a couple of weeks ago.

Make a minimal reproducible code and post it to nvidia devforums?

Hmm, ok. I thought youre bjin because you used moonrunes and bjin is Chinese. My bad!

vlc
>just works
>save on setup and operation time
>suffer the occasional graphical artifact every few days

i don't think mpv is worth my time, i just want to throw on a video or two while i get ready for work or play video games or have people over

Protip, if you want to contact someone who uses github, clone one of their repos and use gitk to find out their e-mail.

I blurred it out of the image this time though.

github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-LoaderAndValidationLayers/issues/2016#issuecomment-323710378
>Based on the discussion in issue #516 I think what you're doing is valid and that is an NVIDIA bug.
fucking nvidia, not even once

??? You realize the email associated with a git commit is public information, right? It's part of the commit header...

github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/commit/bc15d6ad43ff3aee18fe09a7c89bce9ed65f443b.patch

Also "protip", most people use invalid emails for their git commits because they get spammed to hell and back.

I always use fake email like [email protected] when using git...

I didn't know you could add .patch to the commit links like that.

REEEEE~ bjin, give RAVU r4 smoothtest!

If madshi releases NGU version optimized for anime mpv is finished...

holy shit, mpv will finally hit version 1.0?!

It's only at 0.26

They still have 74 months before 1.0
Unless they continue with 0.100 instead, who knows.

I think he meant madvr.

Where?

Well he said mpv will be finished... that means it's out of alpha, right?

What where?

Ooh.

ravu-r4-smoothtest1

It doesn't exist. I beg bjin for it!

Ahhhhh! Why not ravu-r3-smoothtest3? :D

I noticed that r3 produces some errors where r4 doesn't :0

Why not generate it yourself?

I'm not a programmer.

You're a loser then

I know >_>

>in year of the lord 2017, you need to be a programmer to copy/paste a python command into your shell
what the actual fuck is wrong with you people?!

what's the best --scale for animu?

What is shell? I don't even have python installed.

ewa_lanczossharp or haasnsoft. Try both and pick one you like the most.

It RAVU r4 had less ringing it'd be perfect .

this guy know what hes talking about

RAVUfags
you have exactly 13.10391 seconds to tell me
>best RAVU for muh anime
>best RAVU for vidya footage
>best RAVU for actual camera footage (e.g. filthy 3dpd movies and JAV)

>RAVU-r4
>RAVU-r4
>RAVU-r4

>low scaling factor - r4. huge scaling factor - r3 smoothtest1
>nnedi3
>nnedi3
RAVU is for anime only.

computer or gather

C++ when? :D

This is so PURE!

Is this an accepted limitation of vo_vulkan or just a temporary thing? Requiring a proprietary nvidia extension seems disappointing.

anyone else gets a small pause when screenshotting using screenshot-format=png?

--screenshot-png-compression=
Set the PNG compression level. Higher means better compression. This will affect the file size of the written screenshot file and the time it
takes to write a screenshot. Too high compression might occupy enough CPU time to interrupt playback. The default is 7.

is your screenshot command in your input.conf async?

Anyone knows how I can convert a grayscale value to the RGB equivalent? Need to extract color channels from separate images to form final output by combining color data, however I do not understand how grayscale values correspond to RGB colors. The grayscale I'm working with goes from 0 to 255.

For example, I get 62 as the value of a grayscale pixel for red channel, however when I load the image in Photostop and look up the same pixel, I get grayscale percentage of 76%. How do these two correlate? Even more surprising is when I convert the image to RGB model in Photoshop and I get R value 83 on the same pixel.

I suspect there might be something wrong with the color profile conversion, as my grayscale images lack any ICCp profiles and that Photoshop magically accounts for all this and performs its own conversions. How does one go about converting from grayscale with unknown profile to something like sRGB?

WHY THE FUCK DOES NO MEDIA PLAYER SUPPORT PAN AND SCAN HOLY SHIT

Are you fucking dumb? Just press e and w.
>inb4 bait

mpv does. also pan and scan is fucking disgusting.

Useless "feature"

>PAN AND SCAN
I had to google that. Terrible feature.

That won't let me change vertical and horizontal individually though. mpc lets me do this but mpc's audio is dogshit.
>implying I want to watch my films stretched the fuck out with these black bars

i think you want the crop filter user

>ultrameme users

So you just want to stretch your shit to match the monitor's ratio? That's really fucking dumb, but you know that you can just force the ratio to whatever your monitor uses, right?

I can set my monitor to one of two refresh rates, 59.994 Hz and 59.934 Hz. I use video-sync=display-resample and interpolation. Is it better to use the 59.934 mode when viewing 23.976 FPS content so it's closer to a 2.500 vsync ratio, or does it not matter?

>typical VLC user.jpg

>Is it better to use the 59.934 mode when viewing 23.976 FPS content so it's closer to a 2.500 vsync ratio, or does it not matter?
Doesn't really matter, but 59.94 Hz will require less resampling than 59.99 Hz

>I suspect there might be something wrong with the color profile conversion, as my grayscale images lack any ICCp profiles and that Photoshop magically accounts for all this and performs its own conversions.
this

>How does one go about converting from grayscale with unknown profile to something like sRGB?
You don't. If you don't know how the value is encoded, the value is useless.

Anyone using profile=opengl-hq on an x220? I can't play a video for more than a few minutes without my GPU and CPU getting throttled to the point that even exiting the video is a chore. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm running a binary compiled from the latest commit as of a few days back. This issue has persisted for quite a while. I've considered it being a thermal issue, but after replacing my thermal paste I've seen no improvement, so I'm thinking maybe its a driver issue. Any advice?

try lowering settings
add deband=no

I don't have any issues on mine so It's probably software related if you replaced the paste.

I had no trouble with pretty intense madvr settings back in the day (2012-2013 I think) on this machine so I feel like there should be something I could tweak that doesn't involve decreased video output quality

You're on Windows?

I was, but not anymore. I'm using mpv on Ubuntu 16.04

>You don't. If you don't know how the value is encoded, the value is useless.
I get that, but Photoshop still manages to get the right color values (more or less). I cannot find any official grayscale specification that may give a rough idea of what these values mean, so I thought someone may now here.
Wouldn't some sort of gamma guessing help convert these values?

A lot of them look worse than the original?

What do you mean?

no shit, you can't magically restore lost detail

Exactly what I mean, the "original" hires.png looks the best`
Adding the scaler he used with the shaders would of being a nice addition
So he is upscaling lowres.png? If so ravu-r2 was the best one and the only "ravu" none of them are that different, nnedi3 is almost as good as ravu-r2 but you could of noticed some alliasing on his right eyelashes compare to ravu-r2

Maybe try antergos, it's arch with a nice installer. Ubuntu has all the fucking amazon shit on it.

>So he is upscaling lowres.png?
No, he's downscaling with upscalers.

>Exactly what I mean, the "original" hires.png looks the best`
Of course it looks the best, its a fucking original.
>Adding the scaler he used with the shaders would of being a nice addition
He used none. Its a direct 2X upscale. RAVU, nedi3, NGU, are doublers. They double resolution. If there is an overshoot then scale is used. If not then not.
>If so ravu-r2 was the best one and the only "ravu" none of them are that different
I disagree. RAVU r4 has the least errors but the most ringing. r3 and r2 has less ringing but little less sharper and have obvious errors.
LOL.

point them out
Probably the best one, RAVU is there almost but , madvr did a really goodjob.

why do people always up or downscale instead of going side to side