Salary: "competitive"

>Salary: "competitive"

Other urls found in this thread:

aeon.co/essays/how-work-changed-to-make-us-all-passionate-quitters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>thread: shit

Aka minimum wage/below average

>"perks: great opportunity to get industry experience"

very good read: aeon.co/essays/how-work-changed-to-make-us-all-passionate-quitters

>Sup Forums - "technology"

Just do yourself a favor and walk away when an employer won't tell you the salary.

>It's nice to see that you're interested in me. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Anyways, I would like to know what the salary would be for this position?
>Well, I would need to ask the hiring manager about that. Can we set up an appointment for interview?

When they don't give you a number, they're fishing. They want to see how desperate you are, they wan't to know how much you need the job. Don't believe me? Look at your application. Did they ask what your previous job was and what the salary for that is? It's a rhetorical question, of course they did. You know what you answer for that question? You answer the salary you want and when you get to the comment section, you say "Listed salary for previous employment is my target salary."

If they won't give you a number or any statement concerning salary, this is what you say:

>Thank you so much for your expedient reply. My schedule is currently very competitive at the moment. I would love to have an interview soon, but I would like to know if the employer can meet my requirement of $X. I look forward to hearing from you.

That's it. Don't be a pussy. They're asking information from you, you should ask information from them. You're applying for 100s of jobs anyways and getting at least a dozen call backs. You need to be selective.

Literally this, I've only seen this description for shit tier jobs.

This shit is why recruiters are your friend

I wish I had the luxury of turning down offers.
I get maybe 1 callback in a month, I've never gotten past the phone screen.

competitive in race to the bottom.

Interesting stuff. Never even consciously realized I join jobs with an express purpose of learning for the sake of a future job that i want in a few years but i definitely do.

Do you live in the middle of nowhere? Don't be afraid to apply outside of your immediate skillset. I wanted to work in pharmacology (have PhD in biostatistics) but I have worked at Target as a statistician now and it is great. The thing is that universities don't teach you how to be a jack of all trades. You have to engage in multidiscipline efforts. I studied spacial statistics to work in pharmacology, but it works surprisingly well in quality control and supply line management. Just think outside the box. No job is forever. Look at opportunities and see what you can get out of them. It's not even just money or position, it's knowledge. Know that you're the best as what you do and demand the best in return.

Holy shit user, I thought all of us were neet living in the basement. Can you also give some advices on getting cute gf?

Yeah, just B.E. yourself.

No seriously, just don't give a fuck. Look at what you want, ask yourself if you really want, then get it. If you see a girl you like, talk to her. Give a good opening statement and make her laugh. If the small talk goes well and she's enjoying herself, get in her personal space. Grab her shoulder, whisper a naughty thing in her ear, and relish in the fact that she laughed and said, "Oh stop user" while pressing her hand against your chest and giggling.

Be an alpha.

>>Thank you so much for your expedient reply. My schedule is currently very competitive at the moment. I would love to have an interview soon, but I would like to know if the employer can meet my requirement of $X. I look forward to hearing from you.
>
>That's it. Don't be a pussy.

This user gets it.

tfw every time I almost got it, I was suddenly turned off. Like when they ask me out, I will freak out and my hands type will type "no" on their own. I think I may need a psychologist for this.

And I don't think any company that didn't hint their salary range worth the time to send that email, just look for another company. Shit hiring policy usually means shit management aka shit jobs.

Adding to those, if the girl isn't interested move along ASAP. Either she wants to fuck you quickly or she will never. If you hadn't fuck her in less than a month, move along. You're already on course for the friendzone.

>if the girl isn't interested move along ASAP. Either she wants to fuck you quickly or she will never.
Definitely. Just move the fuck on. The ultimate cuck is the one that keeps failing and wishing to succeed.

The point is, they are interested. It's just the joke in HIMYM, when they show their interests, I suddenly lost mine, and when they left, I started to miss them.

I don't really think the market is that bad as Sup Forums claimed. I just graduated from EE last year, easily got into an medium size company, considering jumping to a larger one after October. Do you guys recommend me to work two full years before moving?

do you think it is a coincidence that Sup Forums feels threatened by third-world codemonkeys?

and yeah you should stick it out for at least a couple of years unless the job REALLY sucks. and try not to quit right when they need you most, preferably right after you successfully complete a big project. it's good to maintain a good reputation even with past employers, you never know who knows whom. also they might even headhunt you back years down the road (for a much better salary obviously), i've seen it happen.

>working for anybody except customers directly

y'all are cucks. freelancer and content creator for life!

I don't think is as bad either, but Sup Forums feels they just deserve to enter the market being team leaders or PM just because, instead of working their way up.

>third-world codemonkeys?
>then endless pajeet meme.
If the countries that are importing third worlders produced enough *capable* engineers to fulfil their needs, there wouldn't be the need to import them at all.

where you do you get your contracts

i look on upwork and all i see is "hi we would like you to do a month's worth of work for 100$ and also ranjeesh poomaranjanesh has already bid 20$"

or are you a web """"""""""developer"""""""""""

Well, import labour is cheaper here. Locals are only for sensitive projects and management.

What if yourself is a shaky social recluse with no friends?

>import labour is cheaper here
Except it isn't because it's illegal. I worked in the UK as a skilled worker during the visa process you have a variety of boxes to check

>employer must be in the list of sponsor-able employers, managed by your national border agency
>job must be in the national shortage list (available at your national border/immigration agency).
>Alternatively to the above, your employer must build a case of why they need you and demonstrate there's no one capable in the country to fulfil the post
>Your salary can't be lower than those of your national counterparts.
>You must clear the visa application process
>Only after you successfully finish all of the above you can sign your contract

It really comes to no surprise to me that people don't know immigration rules to their countries. No average joe in the UK could tell how to do it, and my employers had to work with me during the whole process. Honestly, it's so intensive that I preferred to come back to my own country after my contract was finished.

Then gl.

We had this exact thread last week already, with the exact same OP image. Why?

>beach volley ball pit: check

I'm from Hong Kong, basically the law says if a company can shows that it cannot recruit locals, it can get import labour for 400 HKD per month, around 50 USD. Companies usually post their ads without really hiring someone, then claimed that it cannot find anyone available, and hence be allowed to have import labour who takes half of normal wages and merely 400 government charges.
Why would the government allow these practices? Because they own those companies and they got other nationality, they just grab the money and retire in USA or UK. And the other reason would be that we can't vote for our government head and only half of the legislative institution seats.

>Hong Kong
I really know nothing about HK but for what little I can understand it's been really weird since it stopped being a brit colony. I suppose this is were corruption sets in and everything goes to shit. Hope it gets better in the near future.

Doesn't HK have worse income inequality than USA?

It's just going from brits colony to Chinese colony, which is getting worse.

nice