Should I try to buy the Vega56 for 399$/€?

Should I try to buy the Vega56 for 399$/€ or wait for a improved version. My old graphic card died 3 weeks ago. My limit is 400€. Do you think the next improved version of the 56 will cost more?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3023-aib-partners-to-gn-yes-vega-price-will-change
pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-rx-vega-rebates?amp
eteknix.com/rx-vega-price-to-increase-significantly/
techpowerup.com/236323/amd-issues-official-statement-on-rx-vega-64-pricing-woes?amp
youtube.com/watch?v=5sPOEjQWJlE&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=zEfRi5pBQr4
youtube.com/watch?v=zEfRi5pBQr4&t=8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean 499*

Good lucky buying it for any price before it gets sold out instantly.

>399$/€
It's 499 goy

>buying a reference jet engine

499 shekels**

I know it will be difficult to get one for 399.

Just get a 1070 if you need a card right now.
>inb4 b-but muh AMD

it won't be as loud as 64, PCB is good
but i'd hold off
56 is actually good card, even now with shit drivers
if you can get one for exactly 400 then yes

I thought about it, but 1070 cost like 440€ and it is one year old.

Vega 56 is already faster than the 1070 on the half finished alpha drivers it was reviews with. If you can get Vega 56 for equal or less money than a 1070 on launch, it's a no brainier.

The 1070 can be had for $400.
A few 1080s are $500 on newegg
Veg's 64 is $500

1070 and 1080 have better price to performance
Better power usage
runs cooler
Has mature drivers

Thanks. I also think so. The only thing I am worried abou is, if the 56 is unfinished. Should I wait for the next version of the 56?

Vega 56 is $500*

Vega 56 will be 399€ for a few minutes.

show me 1(ONE) retailer that's selling a 1080 for 500$

Bullshit. Gibbo is a known liar who claimed Vega 64 had a hashrate of 70-100MH/s and no one else will go on the record and confirm that AMD has or is planning to increase the MSRP of the stand alone card SKUs.

Even if you believed Gibbo's lies, the fact that AMD have etailers rebates to bribe them into selling the stand alone cards for MSRP on launch day for Vega 64 says they are likely to do the same thing for Vega 56's launch.

>€
you are a patrician

It's literally the pic I posted
Here's another.

It's been confirmed, AMD was offering $100 rebates to retailers for the launch.
This is a proven fact
There is no refuting it.

>It's been confirmed
where?

Prove it, you knowing and deliberate liar.

No one can find anyone else to confirm Gibbo's lies on the record. The bundles still have an MSRP of $599, so how could AMD raise the stand alone card MSRP to the same $599?

Maybe

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3023-aib-partners-to-gn-yes-vega-price-will-change
pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-rx-vega-rebates?amp
eteknix.com/rx-vega-price-to-increase-significantly/
techpowerup.com/236323/amd-issues-official-statement-on-rx-vega-64-pricing-woes?amp
>AMD doesn't do shady shit like Nvidia

All of those links are all just citing Gibbo's lies. No one can get ANYONE to independently confirm Gibbo's claims on the record, and Gibbo is the same known liar who claimed Vega had a 70-100MH/s hashrate.

Again, how could AMD raise the Vega 64 stand alone SKU to an MSRP of $599 when they still have an MSRP of $599 for the bundle?

509=/=500

Yes because even novidya knows how good it is. In fact companies have lowered 1070 and 1080/1080ti prices across the board because of vega.

Be wary of the novidya shills posting day 1 benchmarks.

Well, you could try, but I have to warn you that I already bought 900 of them for my mining operation, so...

Get a 1070 or a 1080.
Like everyone else itt said, 56 is 500 and 64 is 600 now because miners.

What the fuck. The Vega 56 hasn't even launched yet. It releases the 28th

Help! This man is trying to steal my $9

>shilling the same shit in multiple threads
>pls buy vega
kys

You're only going to have about 10 minutes to buy the cards upon release next monday.

Just wake up at 6AM PST and be fast on the buy button.

You're supposed to water cool it later, the PCB is top tier on the reference cards.

youtube.com/watch?v=5sPOEjQWJlE&t=0s

>on the half finished alpha drivers
You act like that's a selling point

Everyone is making claims based on Gibbo's lies. No one else will go on the record confirming what Gibbo said, and Gibbo is a known liar who claimed Vega had a 70-100MH/s hashrate.

It's not a selling point per se, but it is fair to note that Vega 56 is faster than a 1070 and its still doesn't have core uarch features enabled in drivers yet. That pretty much makes Vega 56 a can't lose proposition against a 1070 if you can get it for the same price or less than a 1070 when it launches.

>if you can get it for the same price or less than a 1070 when it launches.

which will never happen. the 64 is allegedly the same price as the 1080 msrp yet in my country and neighboring country is miles more expensive than even good aftermarket OC 1080s and it's slower. the 56 is probably gonna be another r9 fury where it was supposed to compete with cards like OC 980s but ended up being like $100+ more expensive and basically a worthless purchase until it had that $250 price drop

NOOOO pls buy vega
my stock in amd is going to suffer otherwise
I've already lost 20 hours today shilling here

you forgot the tax there.
612*

rx vega 56 has the same performance on the same clocks like the vega 64. drivers are clearly not ready. hope they fix some features on 28th august

This, Gibbo is a proven Nvidia shill. Just like mr 2 cents.

The dude literally JUST got caught lying his ass off about Vega's ETH hashrate. The only reason anyone is believing him now is because they have ulterior motives. No one could get anyone else to confirm Gibbo's claims on the record, and yet they ran with the story anyway.

>which will never happen
Obviously if you are in a country where there is no chance of getting Vega 56 for anything close to MSRP then you have to take that into account.

>in a country
All of them?

>All of them?
There incontrovertibly were some number of Vega 64 stand alone cards available for $499 USD on launch day. There is no reason to believe there wont be some number of Vega 56 stand alone cards available for their MSRP of $399 when it launches.

Even if you choose to believe that known liar Gibbo, his own claims are that AMD gave etailers rebates to incentivize them to sell stand alone cars at MSRP. No one has presented any evidence whatsoever that AMD will not--at the bare minimum--do the same for the Vega 56 launch to ensure some cards are sold at MSRP.

>There incontrovertibly were some number of Vega 64 stand alone cards available for $499 USD on launch day.
Like 3? They only shipped like a hundred cards

>They only shipped like a hundred cards
Source: My ass

It was a joke, numbnuts

no

Sure, if you can get it for that price

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Your best bet is to try to get it through Newegg at the precise time. Be sure to checkout quick because they can take the card out of your cart at anytime.
Amazon sold out on Vega 64 before they could even list the item.

You could buy 4 1050ti for that price and sli them for 10000x the performance of vega

if it oc's and undervolts as well as ive seen so far than you wont be able to get one for a reasonable price

Of course not, wait for Vega Nano if you want a tiny card

If you can find one for 400€, yes

Do you actually think its half finished drivers? Vega 56 is LITERALLY fury and 64 is fury x but smaller lithography so it runs at faster speeds.(50% faster and gives 50% more performance big surprise)

500 shekels is nothing , I'll buy it for 500.

For the same price, get a 1080, it's more powerful and draw less power

if you find any at that price buy it no questions asked
apparently a new driver is coming in 10-15 days perhaps they will have primitives enabled cause right now if you play with msaa the card chockes to death if you choose anything else cmaa/fxaa bla bla the card shits on even 1080
youtube.com/watch?v=zEfRi5pBQr4

this is amd we know they mature the drivers over time this is what they do
290x/390x is already a good 40% faster than a 780ti
7850 despite having static cores is still a good card for medium/high setting without much AA
gcn is a uarch that pays off over time but this probably gonna end when navi comes sadly..i dont think amd will be able to sustain 2 drivers team

navi will be vega refresh more dies edition, they won't change cores too much, way over budget and no time
HBM and vega is the prep work
the only way to make MCM function is through hardware, no amount of drivers will make all applications run consistently on multiple chips
so drivers for gcn will keep on giving, that's why I do not want to buy 1080 personally, you never know when nvidia going to pull another maxwell and kill all support like they did with 7xx

it's same argument as ryzen vs i7
yes it is 10%-13%(let's be generous here) slower than i7 but the socket is for four years making real upgrades possible on the cheap
intel changes socket every year

vega refresh is vega refresh
navi will be an mcm with IF
vega will be the last card with gcn as we know it
also yeah we know that the cores will change quite a lot each SIMD will have its own IF tied to the memory speed
i think that is enough to make you realise what is going to happen

>what is going to happen
just like how vega was going to btfo pascal?

>we know that the cores will change quite a lot each SIMD will have its own IF
IF doesn't interfere it transports, I don't think they have time or money to redesign whole new architecture just after vega that took 5 years
pipeline on software side will stay the same as vega my bet, what will change is how it managed on hardware

it did with pro drivers and 1/3 price

the perfomance is there in about 15 days we will see a new driver hopefully the primitives will be enabled and we can get a clear picture if the card can or cant btfo pascal

look at this
youtube.com/watch?v=zEfRi5pBQr4&t=8s
when msaa gets enabled on x8 the card literally suffocates but on everything else it shits on both cards

Whoa, they fixed voltage regulations in the recent drivers.

I guess it saved 40-60w on moderate loads?

vega didnt took 5 years vega is just a fiji with wider and shorter pipelines hbcc and hardware culling that actually works...(well it will be hopefully..)
no one said IF interferes it will get the SIMD data into the HWS faster than it is now

>it did with pro drivers and 1/3 price
>muh meme pro gpu
firepros are shit deal with it

Dunno.
It'll get even funnier when pajeets finally enable primshader.

Call me when Quadros will be able to handle large datasets.

Wait for NAVI

>niche of niche use case
nice

If you are european the best you can get with that budget is a 1060, the cheaper 1070 goes for 430eur on mindfactory.de

the card came overvolted without any power profile literally as primitive as a card can get
this at least fix the damn thing and we are able to undervolt it into a reasonable number that is more like gcn it will probably give back 150-200mv at least that is what i think given how mine 64 is eating power

vega 56 when?

Surely its going to launch with aftermarket versions

if we have to wait another fucking month ill just keep my 390x till amd fix the pricing and supply

>if we have to wait another fucking month ill just keep my 390x till amd fix the pricing and supply

you expect amd to fix the retail pricing? are you mad? the only way for this to happen is with a shit load of supply and that wont happen for at least 1-2 months given the crypto fags

Nowadays you have cryptofaggots and scalpers. The scalpers are actively buying cards at low prices then reselling them in the hopes that people will pay higher prices due to the stock shortage that the scalpers (and miners) themselves caused. And since miners have higher budgets, this causes price inflation and stock depletion.

This shit is fucked.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

oh well at least i know my cpu is the main bottleneck so ill upgrade that first

asus is early september, they didn't do anything though, just slapped 2.5 slot cooler on it and removed power limiters

Vega 56 is literally a 980Ti. Same performance, similar power draw. I can't think of a good reason to buy Vega and I really wanted an all red build this year.

>Quadros are not niche
?

buy a rx580 + 1080p ips freesync monitor.

im just reusing my 390x

turned out it wasnt the bottleneck my oldass i5 is

>Ggggggggibbbo is a liar.

AMD finally showing their true business colours, like nvidia theyre just out to shaft you. Fucking hilarious after spergy cunts like you have been saying how they look after their customers!

Give amd marketshare and money and they won't be different than intel and nvidia.
>for profit corporation
>caring about customers
lel

>10-15 days
Source? I know they have primitive shaders working in internal testing drivers, but I haven't seen anything to suggest they could be ready THAT fast.

State of gayman journalist

>Do you actually think its half finished drivers?
Yes. Have you read the Vega whitepaper?

Historically, Fiji was never as fast as it theoretically should have been because it was heavily front end geometry bottlenecked by only being able to handle 4 triangles per clock. Primitive shaders is designed specifically to address this issue in Vega, as its purpose is to increase Vega's effective triangle throughput to up to 17 triangles per clock. Once this bottleneck is removed, Vega can take full advantage of the primitive discard accelerator carried over from Polaris and the introduction of DSBR (bascially a form of tile based rasterization).

The problem is that they shipped RX Vega with primitive shaders not enabled yet in drivers, and so the front end is still bottlenecked meaning you can't even really see the benefits of PDA and DSBR yet because they come later in the rendering pipeline than the bottleneck. Once prim shaders hit the public drivers we'll finally start to get a sense of what Vega is actually capable of in games.

>just like how vega was going to btfo pascal?
Well, it might, once the drivers are at least core uarch feature complete. Fucking RTG launched that card on literal half finished alpha drivers ffs.

Fucking LMAO. I've already seen reports of people getting 1630mhz with no throttling at 1.060mhz with no increase in power target. That's a fucking MASSIVE difference in power consumption for 1630mhz stable core clock.

Whelp, all those launch powertests are pretty much worthless now.

i cant and i wont give sources im the fag that posted resutls of my 2 vega 64 days now
i expected the driver to come in 2 weeks along with the power profiles
but it came today but only with the power profiles and we learned something else the card had no power regulation it was overvolted to max it was using the maximum raw power it could get
people already testing it say they undervolted the card to a reasonable 1.03 and the total system draw from 450 went to 320-350 depending on the clocks made this thread with a 3dmark result on the new drivers and undervolted now as it why they choose to release it like that who knows its amd afterall we dont expect anything logical

Source: My ass

Nice entirely evidence free shitpost. I hope you are enjoying the 70-100MH/s rate Gibbo promised you :^)

samefag
i assume the primitives given how complex they are and given how amd somehow found a way to cull back face triangles it will a pain in the ass to make it work as intented in all games

this is the most logical reason i can find as to why they wont release it in the time they told me

samefag no2
also apparently we will have some info on navi today

oh my. 2017 is certainly best hardware year in a decade.

Ye.
Now I want some interesting EMIB designs from Intel.

Understood, I'm just wary because the drivers were so raw on launch that it's kind of hard for me to believe they could get prim shaders working well enough to push to the public drivers that soon.

Plus, I need to clear my schedule for when it does hit the public driver because I will have a hell of a lot of shitposting to do that day.