Gave an interview today

>gave an interview today
>asked the candidate if they have experience with a free software we use
>"No, but I have experience with [proprietary software]."
>cut the interview, and told them we'll call them soon

Other urls found in this thread:

discovery.hgdata.com/product/adobe-photoshop
digital-photography-school.com/the-most-popular-post-production-software-poll-results/
business.com/articles/photoshop-reigns-supreme-how-the-software-has-maintained-market-dominance/
marketwatch.com/story/adobes-stock-soars-to-record-high-as-analysts-rush-to-raise-targets-2017-03-17
marketwatch.com/investing/stock/adbe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you have to lie to him? That was rude.

>using "free" unstable software that was last updated 3 years ago

what software

GIMP and Inkscape.

>expecting people to know GIMP and Inkspace
>when Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are industry standard

>Employer posting on Sup Forums
>pepe and wojack memes
He avoided a bullet.

According to who? You?

>lose money to pay for subscription based software
lol

Says everyone.
discovery.hgdata.com/product/adobe-photoshop
digital-photography-school.com/the-most-popular-post-production-software-poll-results/
business.com/articles/photoshop-reigns-supreme-how-the-software-has-maintained-market-dominance/
marketwatch.com/story/adobes-stock-soars-to-record-high-as-analysts-rush-to-raise-targets-2017-03-17
marketwatch.com/investing/stock/adbe

>he has such a shit business he can't afford software
K.

Why not complete the interview? Those skills are probably fucking transferable to whatever program you use. You're going to deny good workers and get some lazy faggot with these kind of hiring habits.

>it's more popular so it's better!

OP, You are fired for being autistic.

KEK
neck yourself

>GIMP

industry standard != better

Free, open source software is in line with God:
Galatians 5:13 ESV
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Propertiary sofware is not!

Galatians 2:4 ESV
Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery—

yes

What would be first software you would consider if you wanted to quickly render a graphic of, oh say, a green pepper?
Well...ah...ummm.......
Never mind. Not important. We have your contact info. Thanks for coming in.

it is better tho

Yep, that's America. Candidates get passed over if they are honest. Businesses get to treat them like shit, while they have the same old bullshit "Integrity" line on their mission statement page.

it's not

>Inkscape

I love inkscape but damn its buggy. You can crash it by simply pressing shift + F10

Pretty sure OP was on the receiving end of the interview.

>somehow magically most people chose to use superiour expensive software over freeware
>it's less popular and i'm an edgy autist so i use freeware only!

Who the fuck wants to work for a company that uses god damn GIMP?

If I heard my interviewer tell me they use GIMP and wouldnt let me use PS, I'd walk the fuck out.

GIMP is fucking garbage.

most people are stupid

Amen

It really is.

Read the OP

it's really not

It genuinely is

>Free, open source software is in line with God
Looks like I will never use open source software again

>using "paid" proprietary software that never gets updated except for when the developers switch to a new ad provider that they make more money from

There are people who unironically like ~~creative cloud~~ in here. What's wrong with you?

It's a huge steaming pile of garbage.

God, you guys are worse than fucking Reddit...

did you know...? you can crash most application by simply pressing alt + f4... the more you know!

it's genuinely not

I bet OP uses hitfilm or some other retarded vfx software than nuke when needed.

True but Photoshop etc are being used for a reason.

Good job OP, the more non free people get filtered out of the industry the better.

Go there if it's so much better.

if you think gimp is better than anything you should be assraped to death by hell knights