Perfect laptops don't exi-

>perfect laptops don't exi-

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_13_(9360)#Content_adaptive_brightness_control
slimbook.es/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no raven ridge

redpill me on the x1g5 Sup Forums

>thinkpad garbage

Enjoy your sub par fab process, shitty design and under-average build quality

t.laptoprepairperson who has to fuckin deal with these pieces of shit all day long

>can't upgrade

What do you recommend? No memeing.

Well I suppose you could just lie about it...

Haha, you were actually talking about Apple! Tricked you dumbass

>no numpad
>that prt scr placement
Modern Thinkpads are complete garbage. Not just the Ultrabooks but the workstations as well.

Oh, I could find much more flaws with your mother yet people are still content to use her. I wonder why...

>0.04 rupees have been deposited in your account.

Still more than your mother gets paid in one go.

>battery DRM
>Network card DRM
enjoy your chains, slaves.

Where's my absurdly extended battery? I need something to grab while i'm compiling software on the train.

Some of the X/T/P series ones have hot-swappable batteries you can swap without even turning it off. Your battery life is then limited only by how many batteries you are willing to get/carry.

Better than your mother, who would let anyone stick anything up her ass, wouldn't you say?

Dell or Apple. Not memeing. Dell has the best build quality out there for PCs. Apple does too. People will try and tell you they don't, but they do. Any manufacturer that doesn't make heavy use of plastic screw mounts (aka apple) can't possibly have shitty build quality.

Beware though, if you want to cheap out and get an air or macbook, it will be sub par, get a pro or not at all.

Also there are a select few dell models that do suck complete fucking ass. Just stick with precision's and latitudes and you'll be fine though.

Ignore this swapvagina.

They use Dells and Apples on the International Space Station too, amirite?

> 2 cores

lol

>most chronically underfunded government division in the last 20 years
>gets even less funding than fucking food stamps
>expected to buy premium materials with this

TBQH i'm shocked they have computers at all up there.

Again, you sound like you are talking about your mother selling herself out and being on welfare

>it been in spaec sitting in dock
>wow space so cool
>dese laptop must be super awsum xD

You dumb fucking cunt, are you literally 12?

I'm wrong to assume that something like the ISS would expect the highest standards of reliability? That something going on a rocket going faster than a shotgun shell would need to be durable?

It's better than a Mac but

>CHICLET
>H
>I
>C
>L
>E
>T

Here's the reason they are on ISS over Latitudes.

You ready?

Option A: The person put in charge of choosing is literaly a thinkfag JUST like you and picked them out of some benign preference.

or

OPtion B:
LITERALLY as a publicity stunt by lenovo "ayyy ISS, u got no money, hgow bout we gib u some laptop for dat thing, U just make sure to show them in pics k :D"

So dumb fucks like you will say the shit you're saying right now.

Why should I buy this over a Yoga 720?

Damn fucking right, lads.

>under-average build quality

Mine has been heavily used over two years, Barely a scratch, works flawlessly. Dropped a few times as well.

>consumer plastic vs ThinkPad plastic

The ThinkPad.

>meme vs meme

not an argument

Such vile slander. I don't think a company like Dell would want to put its laptops to the test of space, because when it breaks they can't exactly just FedEx a new one up there.

>worse vs better
>pick better
>"lel meme not an argument"

You fucking what

Sorry. I don't want chink spyware.

there's literally no difference. you're just spewing meaningless buzz words, you idiot.

the fact that it's chiclet doesn't make it bad. it's the layout. if they were to produce a chiclet keyboard with the old 7 row layout it would be just as good as the original keyboards

>no trackpoint
>glossy screen
>no repair possible at all

Got an XPS13 over a Carbon due to out of the box Linux.

Need another Linux laptop for my mom, can't be the same one. Should I be considering the new Carbon?

>forcing Linux on your parents

you freetards are worse than cancer

Linux is good on thinkpads.
XPS13 has that auto-brightness thing that can't be turned off.

She's been using it for years now. For her light usage, any OS is the same once she opens Firefox/Chrome.

>LITERALLY as a publicity stunt by lenovo "ayyy ISS, u got no money, hgow bout we gib u some laptop for dat thing, U just make sure to show them in pics k :D"

You seriously devalue your argument when you use retarded language like that to be ironic. Using real words might help people take you seriously. It's time to grow up.

>parents only need web browser
>install Solus on their laptops with only one icon on desktop
>never get a call about problems ever again
>no more pesky virus scrubbing from random shit they download
>faster
>stable

Windows did literally nothing better than Linux for my parents.

Yeah but can she play video games?

fuck off rossmanlet

I'm on 4.9 Kernel, and it doesn't look like I have auto-brightness.

Might not be a bad feature actually, should figure out how to turn it on.

Did india just get your mom jokes just recently? You're becoming quite advanced Ramesh.

Tell me more about how"egornomical" the cheap chicklet keyboard is and how I must have never tried it like the reps from your official website do.

Just a few more Lenovo shill posts and you'll be able to afford your very own Loo

It's only for the newer models.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_13_(9360)#Content_adaptive_brightness_control

There is no such thing as perfect. Even perfect Cell could get better.

this can be turned off, at least on the QHD+ models

This. Anti-thinkpad user's opinion discarded.

>I'm wrong to assume that something like the ISS would expect the highest standards of reliability?

No. However, if you think they're giving NASA, or, *were* giving NASA (they switched to HP) off-the-line laptops you're a fucking mongoloid. The laptops given to them are special, individually built and tested to extremes and are a higher grade than anyone else can buy. What, you really thought you were using the exact same kind of mobo, chassis and internal cabling as a NASA-ready laptop? Wow, you dumb, dumb fuck. Those things interact with the actual on-board systems. They need to be absolutely flawless because they're mission critical. Besides, IBM was the only company who knew how to make decent laptops and NASA just stuck with the line's familiarity, until 2015.

I thought that was only true of old Thinkpads. Are there reliable drivers for modern thinkpads?

X1C from 2017:
>proprietary fingerprint reader

>4 lane PCIe nvme
>two 4 lane TB3 ports
>greatest port selection ever
>track clit
>god tier keyboard
>god tier build
>unironically charges its 57 whr battery 0-90 in less than 60 min
Sup Forums hates it because they can't afford it/don't believe in spending money on nice things

st XD X D X D X X DDDDXDXDXDXCDDCCV

>Are there reliable drivers for modern thinkpads?
Why would there not be ? They still use Intel and Nvidia Quadro where possible, and very common well-supported vendors for stuff like audio and trackpads.

It's not like Linux only runs on old hardware, user. It has come a very long way in terms of driver support, the only way you'd really have any trouble is if you use some obscure Broadcom NIC or something.

>that keyboard layout
This is why I hope people will retrofit new motherboards into xx20 series in the future.

>1440p on gnu/linux

Any renders of this upcoming Silver coloured Carbon?

Nigga step it up

Bro just make it out of nintendium
Literally unbreakable

Still it's not quite perfect. Some hardware may still be missing features.
The worst ones are the FP reader and the color sensor.

I'm thinking really, really hard about buying this but it's fucking expensive; been wanting a new Photoshop machine for a while since I can't edit multiple layers on my current one.
Anyone own it? Opinions? It's looking really good from what I've seen/tried

>nipple
>touch pad
No. I want a laptop without either of those.

> clickpad
INTO THE FUCKING TRASH IT GOES
MAN I FUCKING HATE CLICKPADS
FUCK

There's no reason to buy a 9360 when, for the same price, you can get a 9350 with much better specs. The integrated graphics and processor upgrades make almost no difference at all.

I know you are preaching or telling people to buy the newer model, but I'm just saying it makes no sense.

not preaching*

Somehow/g/ recommend the XPS 13 over it, I don't know why

at least it has the dedicated trackpoint buttons. you don't use that clickpad that much anyways

same thing with ubuntu for my grandpa.

I like the idea of the Thinkpad clitoris but I prefer a normal touchpad with physical buttons below it. Like all laptops used to have until Apple fucked up and every laptop manufacturer just followed

as long as they don't need MS Word loonix is absolutely perfect

I get your point but aside from the fact that I don"t like touchpads in general, the Thinkpad touchpads have always been particularly shit.

> no comment

The recent ones before Lenovo switched to clickpads were breddy gud. before that they were pretty small but they weren't bad
Anyway it's probably subjective but I will always hate clickpads with a passion

That's not the P51

>I will always hate clickpads with a passion
me too...

Pajeet wouldn't buy a loo even if they can afford it. They do have the streets, after all.

the XPS has a broken thunderbolt implementation, so it's inherently flawed

anyone got a their hands on pic related?how's the build quality?

don't know any thing about the xps 13. in which way is it broken?

only uses 2 pcie lanes which makes it impossible to use it with most tunderbolt equipment, including Dells very own port extenders

*replicator
I'm stupid

It works fine with Dell docks and their very useful dongle, what do you mean

Where the fuck do I buy this mystery laptop? The most I can find about it is a forum post complaining about it not waking up and a reddit thread comparing it to some dell

lelnopo nigga

Is Thinkpad E570 a solid choice?

That's not the P51.

so... why not the x270?

I don't live in space. Why I should care?

Lenovo doesn't QA check for shit, the latest Synaptics drivers for my X1 Yoga use 100% CPU in WMI due to a bug in the drivers, no fix for weeks other than falling back to the previous driver release. Thank god I backed up.

>ChinkPad
enjoy your commie botnet

You can buy superior spanish quality
slimbook.es/

Where the fuck do you think you are?

What's the best Dell model for people who want long battery, great screen and no numpad? Is it just the XPS 13 or any of the thicker models? I don't think you can upgrade the battery to a larger one in that thing.

Do I need to buy a gaming laptop to game?

The first step here is to stop pretending laptops that thin are anything but a compromise. Technology isnt there yet. Maybe before 2020, but not yet.

Just go to the latitude wiki and do some research.

If you're playing 2d games or games that are more than ten years old, no.

looks breddy gud, but
>buying a laptop before raven ridge

Somebody recommend me a laptop

Yo I own the 940mx dual core one, build quality is top bumped into the walls a few times and it doesnt show, metal feels nice and build quality seems just below my gf's macbook. The screen is crystal clear and it charges to full in under an hour. Super happy with its portability however the keyboard gets pretty hot on cs:go plays mid to high 1080p at 60 fps so no complaints for the £500 it cost