/spg/ - Smartphone General

"Chink phone best phone" Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j5_2017-review-1637.php

Lenovo is dropping the Vibe Pure UI for stock Android
gsmarena.com/lenovo_is_dropping_the_vibe_pure_ui_for_stock_android-news-26591.php

iPhone 8 display assembly spotted in the wild, no Touch ID in sight
gsmarena.com/iphone_8_display_assembly_spotted_in_the_wild_no_touch_id_in_sight-news-26610.php

Grab Huawei Honor 8 for as low as $259 ($140 off)
gsmarena.com/grab_huawei_honor_8_for_as_low_as_259_140_off-news-26604.php

Leaked image shows 3,300mAh Galaxy Note8 batteries
gsmarena.com/leaked_image_shows_3300mah_galaxy_note8_batteries-news-26605.php

SHARP AQUOS S2 officially coming on August 14, will be announced Aug 8
gsmarena.com/sharp_aquos_s2_officially_coming_on_august_14_will_be_announced_aug_8-news-26603.php

BLU Products on Twitter: "Hey BLU fans! After a false alarm, BLU devices are now back up for sale on Amazon
twitter.com/BLU_Products/status/893596903048347650

old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PL1IaSzUGuw
github.com/microg
s.aliexpress.com/ruQj67nM
sunsky-online.com/view/476579/[HK Stock] Lenovo ZUK Z2 4GB 64GB.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for S8 being the most elite phone out

2nd for old news and OP is a fag.

Also, please tell me the Mi Mix 2 has a headphone jack. Fucking please.

Is MIUI Chinese spyware?

I'm looking for a ~200€ phone with decent battery life. I've had an huawei P9 lite and was quite happy with it.
Any recommendations?

it is, if you don't deactivate the bloat/spyware

How does LG even get away with this shit?

which midrange smartphone is the least gimmicky/memey

I'm fucking loving all of these bezeless phones. I was going to get a Mi Mix because i thought it'd be a one-off sort of thing, but now i feel like I have options. link to specs?

V20 only $369 on Amazon RIGHT NOW
Is there a better phone?

Any tempered glass screen-protectors for the Redmi 4x? Not the Note 4x

Has anyone been using prelaunch versions of Android O?

How's the battery life compared to previous versions? I see one of the big changes is a supposed improvement in battery life by being more restrictive in how background tasks run.

Why is it so hard to choose a fucking phone these days? Why are there no clear options?

Any bad experience with chink phones?

Because your standards are too high.

>no root

Chink phones don't work on Sprint, do they?

This is supposed to be the iPhone 8 wireless charging dock.

It seems very complex and has rumors of a delay. Could this be fast charging?

youtube.com/watch?v=PL1IaSzUGuw

Maybe not anything really different. This one seems similar assuming the coil is on the back on the iPhone one.

Any news on the pixel xl 2?

Thinking between that or essential

Recommendations?
>under 300
>prefer good camera and battery over performance

Currently looking at moto g5+ and redmi note 4

Hi Sup Forums first timer here, I just wanna play Fate Grand Order, been stuck with a S4 since ages, thinking about upgrading it to a Redmi Note 4 4gb ram, should I go for it? how well does it run the game? I only needed for that.

Tomorrow Galaxy Note announcement, goys. Are your wallets ready? Mines sure is

I'm ready for some grade-A groveling

Pixel 2 would bootloop cause it's lg but will get updates because it's Google. So it's your call

So I just copped one of these and it's arriving in a couple of hours.
What's a good Sup Forums app for it? I hear there's one that plays webms around.

Sorry, didn't mean to reply.

there's only one app for Sup Forums, which you have to jailbreak to use

Is it true removing gapps will break notifications for certain apps? Any way around this?

What's the best case for the s8 where I can still enjoy the bezelessness of it? Currently got a Spigen light armour

that's just the xl though, the regular pixel is being made by htc

Can't you just sign and install the package these days?

any possibility of Android Oreo support on Note 4x?

Nougat not even ready yet kek still beta global or dev.

The Chan, $2 or so, natively supports webm.

It's on the app store unless it's been removed.

dumb question, what's the fastest way to transfer files between my phone and pc? i'm tired of using email lol

Looking for a new to replace my ages Turbo. Looking into the Kyocera Duraforce Pro and the Moto G5SP. Duraforce does have a lot of physical buttons and the ruggedized features makes it great for when I'm in the field, but damn if the G5SP or just the G5P blowing it out of the water in actual insides. That being said, is the G5SP even getting a 4GB version in Burgerland?

When are they announcing the XZ1/Compact?

What shit? That phone is literally the most interesting device that is about to hit the market right now, and once it's out it will shit on his direct competitor, the S8.

Guys, I'm looking for a new phone.Need something tough, capable, with good battery and all standard features, but not xbox hueg:
>no more than 5.2"
>tough and waterproof
>custom ROM support (aka Qualcomm)
>large worldwide band support
>good battery
>obviously extra SIM/µSD slot, audio jack, radio FM and NFC
>bonus points for camera button, removable battery, OLED

All I found fitting most of those criteria are:
>Sony Xperias
>Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge/Active
>Caterpillar Cat S60
>Lenovo Moto G5
Could I have missed something?

Also why is it that almost all available smartphones just scale their specs linearly depending on price instead of providing more options? Like if you want a tiny phone, it necessarily has shitty CPU/RAM, and if you want something more powerful, or a splash/waterproof rating, you absolutely have to get a QHD 7" with two 20MP cameras, and there's no alternative. Are manufacturers retarded or do they seriously expect everyone to shell out $600 in flagships and get more than they need?

If you want decent specs on smaller phones you go for iPhones or Xperias, pretty much.

Is there a way to download Android games that are not free, for free?

Femanon here
The MicroG project has replacements for most of Google's services, including the GMS notification system. Worth checking out

github.com/microg

To all the people with a Galaxy S8
> how is the touch latency ?
> what "bloats" the phone ?
> are ringing and call volume loud enough ?
I'm on the verge of buying one.
590€ seems like a good deal.

What are the chances of phones released before 2017 being able to upgrade to Android O?

What's the current one plus one?

Side load Fortune

Does the Xiaomi Mi 6 have shit memory management like the Mi 5?

Anyone had experience with LeEco phones?

Both the exynos and Snapdragon variants are rooted. Are you chatting out your ass?

MY Moto G5 arrived in the mail today and BOY am I glad it doesn't come with a gorillion shitty apps

I might even learn to live with all these google apps too

this

Every Xiaomi has shit memory management thanks to MIUI

I'm a handlet and need a new phone. Is there a better phone (mainly battery and CPU) than ZUK Z2 for the size?
If not, do you know where I can buy the Z2? I've looked everywhere but it looks like it's out of stock.

Z2 is discontinued. Get a Mi5 / Mi5s or Z2 Pro instead.

Thats why you root them and flash LineageOS

When is the G5S Plus launching?

I would if they weren't so big for me. That's why I didn't want to get a Z2 Pro.
My last phone was an Xperia Z3 Compact, so going from that to ZUK Z2 was already a stretch for me.
I can't find any phone with similar specs to the ZUK Z2 for the size. (Except iphones and that weird Essential PH-1, but they cost way too much).
The other Xperia Compact phones look ok, but I read somehow the battery is inferior to the Z3 Compact
Thank you anyway for the suggestions

Any information about LineageOS 15 launch dates/supported phones?

The only non-shit, sub-5" android phones currently on the market are the Samsung A3 and Xperia compact.
Meanwhile you have a gazillion of models between 5 and 5.5".

Update the news section you dumb bitch.

S7 edge still better

Transferring shit via usb from my pc to the SD card in my new phone is EXTREMELY slow, slower than with my previous phone which used the same card and the same micro usb 2.0

Can someone suggest an android VR player for normal videos? like it duplicates the video so it looks right in a headset

I got you fampai. Peel dupe, confirmed good.
s.aliexpress.com/ruQj67nM

>edge
Fuck off

Motorola g5

America

Interested in a phone for about $300~ that is a top quality mp3 player and decent camera which could eventually get a service plan in the Southern US. I'm considering a Moto g5 but wondering if anything is cheaper that wouldn't compromise or when the G5 will get a price break.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X for $135.

who here has one of the new nokias? how you like it? post pics.

Thanks man. Is this better than peel?

What are the odds the note 8 wont have a 4k screen. Has to be about zero right? My 4 is dying and I need a stylus my big fingers are crap for copy pasta text and shit.

rooted? what are you on about? no manufacturer sells their phone with rooted software, most even lock the bootloader and and a bunch of 'liability' messages so they don't get their ass sued by idiot customers.

every phone is rootable, you just need to do it yourself.

I assume he meant a rooting method has been figured out and can be found on the internet. Most users are not able to dive into the phone themselves and figure out how to root.

looking to purchase the most secure and private smartphone (out of the box) budget for £500 what should I get? blackberry running android?

Any word on when Essential will start selling the green / bronze version of their phone ?

How do I remove the google searchbar from my homescreen without installing any other shit or rooting or anything? I prefer a minimalistic main screen with as little stuff in it as possible. phone is a moto g5 with android 7

Is there anything for Android that can stop sites from redirecting you? Pretty annoying.

Hold your finger onto it and drag it off?

obviously I tried that, doesn't work

Then get a new launcher because obviously the one you have sucks

Found this site that looks like they have it in stock
sunsky-online.com/view/476579/[HK Stock] Lenovo ZUK Z2 4GB 64GB.htm

>they cost way too much
Have you checked out the 4.0" SE? It's available for pretty cheap, usually around 300€ in my country

most RAM and battery friendly web browser? don't care about the botnet

BlackBerry KeyOne or iPhone

What's an acceptable combination of processor and RAM if I browse the internet a lot? Do I really need something like Snapdragon 820 and 4GB RAM?
I don't care about playing videogames, I just want internet browsing/apps to be fast.

Leled because I think you actually think that. LG has no brand loyalty, and people will just see it for the S8 ripoff that it is.

Gearbest, Ibuygou or Aliexpress for a xiaomi phone ? (im in europe)

Ibuygou, they have have tax free shipping and a repair service in Europe.

>S8 ripoff
G6 launched before S8 though

Nah, don't need that, SD625 + 3GB RAM is more than enough of you're not gaming

Any of you using the Huawei Honor 8? Breddy gud?

USB support on Android is so under rated but can you actually do any cool shit with it?

im using the chink 3ram model and some apps reload even with ram available, emui is meh, i really really hate all the permissions bs, overall would not buy again

G6 does have enough unique features to separate it from the S8. I was referring to the V30, which looks EXACTLY like the s8

>Leled because I think you actually think that.
I do, and you're an idiot.

>LG has no brand loyalty, and people will just see it for the S8 ripoff that it is.
V30 is a better G6, which was already better than the S8 under every aspect except camera and processor. Brand loyalty and public response don't change anything of the above.

>nexus 6p's battery is failing
>phone shuts off at 30%
>literally thousands of people having the same problem
>google refuses to own up to their faulty hardware and is demanding money for repairs

Fuck everything desu

Is there anything on the market that won't shit itself after a couple years? Jesus christ.

Daily reminder the priv is cheap,aesthetic,has muh privacy and a keyboard

bump

also best adblocker, not just for internet but for the whole phone?

This is getting to the same heights as "Every smartphone is iphone clone!" shit storm. If you have bezel-less phone it is going to look pretty much like every other bezel-less phone.

>get new phone with android 7
>can't set file transfer MTP as default
You fucking what?

My point is, LG did the whole "nonstandard aspect ratio, small top and bottom bezel and rounded corners" -design before Samsung.

If you look at pic related V30 follows the same design as the G6, the bezels just are thinner. Yes, it also looks like the S8 but there's only so many ways you can design a near-bezeless phone so it's bound to happen.

Also look on the back the LG V30 is much closer to the G6 than the S8 so it's silly to call the V30 just a S8 ripoff.

LG has been doing thin bezels and rear home button since the G2. Samsung's innovation was the "edgeless" screen, which the V30 does not have..

But nobody will remember that because as you said they dont have enough loyalists.