Assume my computer is airgapped and has a faraday cage around it. Can the government spooks still get into it?

Assume my computer is airgapped and has a faraday cage around it. Can the government spooks still get into it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_microphone
youtube.com/watch?v=4vIu8ld68fc
threatpost.com/blinking-router-leds-leak-data-from-air-gapped-networks/126199/
youtube.com/watch?v=H7lQXmSLiP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If the state wants to get to you they will get to you.

Yes. They can extract data through HDD light blinks. Many other ways around it too.

They can monitor it through electrical noise in your wiring.

>They can extract data through HDD light blinks

Is this true? I know they can get voice from the vibrations in a window pane.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_microphone

You have to sleep eventually.

Develop your hypothesis

> pushes LAN cable through the mesh of the faraday cage, into the network port

/thread

>They can extract data through HDD light blinks
This is one of the best I've heard

>you sleep
>govt knows because surveillance
>SWAT team/letter agency breaks down your front door and serves you with a search warrant with bogus charges
>you get taken away, your computer is unprotected
>computer gets seized
>government spook clones your drives/puts malware on your pc
>by the time you get out of the bullshit charges, your compupter is fucked six ways from sunday
If you're important enough, the government will always get what it wants. Now pick up that can, citizen.

What is a letter agency

>Is this true?
yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=4vIu8ld68fc

also, they can send messages from router lights as well!

threatpost.com/blinking-router-leds-leak-data-from-air-gapped-networks/126199/

>DiskFiltration: Data Exfiltration from Air-Gapped Computers
youtube.com/watch?v=H7lQXmSLiP8

this one sends data though ultrasonic sound generated by speakers. humans can't hear it but if you have a cell phone near by, it can pick it up and transmit it.

it's incredible how many ways you can find to exfil data from "air-gapped" computers.

thank god I'm not doing security for any big corporations... I'd become paranoid if I did.

They will get it if they really want it.

They have drugs and hypnosis
Sleep deprivation
And more
And they can give you a one way, first class ticket to Gitmo. There they can keep you forever, and no one would know.

What about water gapping a computer? (sealing up a case and then submerging it, in a standalone tub, thereby providing both water and air gap)

Real neat, but the computers have to be compromised with the HDD Blinky 9000 malware first for any of that to work

that's easy. there's hundreds of ways to get malware onto one of these computers.

FFFFFUUUUCK! No speakers, no light, you can even disable or take away the monitor yet it will still send data though

ACOUSTIC SIGNALS GENERATED BY THE FUCKING HARD DRIVE

time to install an SSD.

If there are hundreds of ways to get it on an air gapped computer, then surely there's a better way to get some data off than the HDD light and drone method

>he doesn't know about the amplified pulses sent through the cables by a SSD

there are but they require physical contact and how much risk are you willing to take to extract data every day?

you have to infect the air-gapped computer only ONCE and then it will send the data continuously without any further physical contact with the computer. that will minimize the exposure to risk of your asset.

Hypnosis is bullshit, drugs aren't.
Torture doesn't work.
All you have to do is supply them with fake information a number of times before they become convinced that nothing you say is credible