/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General:

/Cyb/er/sec/urity general is for the discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

What is cyberpunk?
>pastebin.com/jS37Vu7A

Nothing to hide? - The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.
>youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

Resources:
Cyberpunk:
Cyberpunk directory:
>pastebin.com/9JaJFqB2
Cyberpunk resources:
>pastebin.com/7DWCsAc8
FAQ Version 5 preview 5 is here:
>pastebin.com/HFqvkMR7

Cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity essentials:
>pastebin.com/JWx5xeEM
Cybersecurity resources:
>pastebin.com/NaUPUDF0

Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN!
Shit just got real: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe

The Old Skool: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

IRC:
Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#Sup Forumspunk - Requires SSL
>#Sup Forumssec - Requires SSL
IRC guide:
>pastebin.com/bh3Uyq3a

Thread archive:
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

Thread backup:
>cyberpunked.org/

Previous thread:
Suggestions for new resources are welcome.
The Gentoomen /sec/ community is looking for CTF team members, contact them at the IRC channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
jmdev.ca/sheridan/Comp_TIA_Security_Guide_to_Network_Secur.pdf
mega.nz/#F!ZWpgHRiB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cyber punk has nothing to do with cyber security

lawl g1t gud

Who here hides their power level at work?
>average system administrator Joe
>beneath I am le h4x0rman
>go home to cyberpunk apartment in the cheap part of city
Comfy hobby I must say

Why isn't CollectiveComputing on the OP anymore?

You're actively making a mockery of security by mixing it together with your technogoth punk retarded edgelord bullshit.
Fuck off.

This. The merger was a mistake. The last few threads have had shit sec discussion, and people answering questions they are wholly unqualified to answer. So much bullshit. Why do I even keep coming to this place.

I know right I should just kill myself

Tbh the cyb shit is pretty superifical, shy even take it seriously

Another fucking general that needs to be gassed

>gassed
Enjoy Google banning you from everything because you used verb that can be though to refer to the holocaust.

Interactive intercourse

>Ask about merging
>Making polls to make sure everybody is in
>Nobody complains
>Purist LARPERS suddenly appear when nobody asked

gg

hello friend, please refrain from saying that
we do not tolerate antisemitism in this general

Do you guys know anything about Trust.Zone VPN?

Because we didn't have access to a crystal ball to see how shit they would become.

Yes demerge this bullshit.
Someone get on posting a security general and kill this cyb hobby shit for good

why so much hate?

Any pics of your cyberpunk apartment?

I am planning to do this as well. I will be moving to a sketchy loft on the 3rd floor of a building in Chinatown.

Looking forward to watching addicts do their thing in the alleyway while it rains and a bunch of tiny LEDs light up my apartment in a comfy glow.

Youre talking to someone who is so retarded that they make a thread even when the last one is still up

sage

stop trying to live out autist fantasies and focus on doing something productive with your life.

Riscure has a ctf going you autistic faggots. Give me one reason you don't have 3/3

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

What does the job market, outlook and money look like for security professionals right now and for the next five years?
Do people still make money doing illegal shit or is that not worth it anymore?

The FUD is strong in this one.

Who crypto here?

cyberpunk is shit for children and trannies. kys and sage.

they're not wrong. I VPN only for filesharing and shit that's illegal here but legal in the US. I never would use a VPN for my day to day traffic. I feel bad trusting my local ISP with my data - I'm sure as hell won't trust my everyday traffic to some shitty VPN service run by larper fags.

>posting this on a trans support board

THIS

Can people start getting banned for this shit already?

Many seem to forget we had a vote about the merger. And that pre merger either 404ed early.

You love it don't lie

this threads only good when maderas/the guy RPing as maderas and the two other guys actually in the industry come in, because the rest of the thread is you people wanting rainy mood pictures and """high tech low life""" as an excuse for being poor

Daily reminder to backup your data!

Can you use a gmail adresse with a different email client with end-to-end encryption ?

BAZINGA

Flashing LEDS may look cool now, I can assure you it isn't. Especially when you want to sleep, or watch a movie e.g. it distracts a lot

I don't understand what you're trying to do... Save picture files?

See: /sec/

found the VPN vendor.

But seriously, you have no way of verifying anything, you're just safer assuming they are tracking you.

they aways seem to forget that, but hey, let them figure it out when both threads end up dying sooner than the merged threads have been.

Has anyone used the random password generator in the OP? Would you you consider it safe? How do you guys keep track of them? Plain text file on your devices?

as long as we all keep to our separate containment zones, the threads are gonna be fine. the split is half and half. its just sad the cyberpunk people are consistently louder. it has been good to not see any politics for quite a while though.

>How do you guys keep track of them?
I write them down in a book. There is no online resource I need to be accessing when Im away from my home. If someone is inside my home to read my password book, I have larger problems than my emails.

What is the recommended dns to use?

to achieve what purpose?

jmdev.ca/sheridan/Comp_TIA_Security_Guide_to_Network_Secur.pdf Professor was based and gave this out instead of having us buy the book, so figure I'd share. Might be good to add to the bin.

I don't want to anymore use my ISP or a google one

if those are your only requirements

then literally ANYTHING thats not

>my ISP or a google one

unless you have a specific, directed want, then there isnt much else that can be said

the merger is a shill tactic to confuse

it's disinformation campaign. (((they))) don't want people actively working together and learning. they will sabotage ANY attempt to do so.

Fine, what are the best dns services to use that are fast and won't log me

they are all fast thats how dns works

they all log thats how servers work. someone is putting their own gear into a public facing environment of course its going to log everything.

Yes, (((LARPers))) are dragging down serious /sec/. Please go to from now on if you wish to be productive.

>tfw I regularly am shitposter
>tfw it looks like I triggered a split
What the actual fuck have I done

Nothing wrong.

God's work, /cyb/ can find a home on /tg/ and flourish better, likewise /sec/ can flourish without the /cyb/

How do I set up a ftp server on collective computers.org where people can upload and download files (I'm New plz no bully)

Same.

I just implemented Diffie hellman key exchange + aes encryption in C for our company's IoT devices

Enjoy your side channels.

Part of our implementation is assuming that someone will take apart our device and see the private keys. It's -okay- because every device has its own key pair. Is this something you can even protect against? Our IoT devices are RF-shielded and only use ethernet

Is the software in your devices foss?

Why not instead use the one already running there? After all it was set up for contributions. Just make a new sub directory and start uploading.

>/cyb/ can find a home on /tg/

Has anyone taken CSA+? What did you use to study if you passed?

Wrong thread buddy.

Try this thread guy.

Okay, so it seems this general has ran its course.
That's a shame.

Long live /sec/

We could keep this general with general de-botneting protips, while staying with /cyb/ aesthetics

That's a good idea.

I think most of the guys were here just for security stuff. Anyway I've started a new thread for us here!:

In that case the general is all yours, enjoy.

And for how long? We shall see.

spam

Read through the FAQ yet? I'd like some feedback.

Wrong thread, pal.

Cybersec_General_(Defunct):
>mega.nz/#F!ZWpgHRiB

hope you are proud of yourself

It's the place for role players.

>mega.nz/#F!ZWpgHRiB
!CHDI08sUrexlJLWYUBYhDA

Why would I go there for /cyb/ ?

Because that's where they've migrated. You can continue posting in this thread, but it'll just get pushed past page 10 and die from no content. The one on /tg/ is livelier.

So with the divergence, all that tech-related shit with /cyb/ has dissapear.

This is really dissapointing with all of thread's user.

All 5 of them.

What're you on about?
This general has been going for the past few months.

Calling all larpers to contribute to the new OP. keep this one handy just in case, maybe just get rid of /sec/ to start.

just post in /sec/ anyways

C o n t a i n m e n t
T h r e a d

muh serious Sup Forums posting

No serious posts alloud

yeah, was actually of the /cyb/+/sec/ ilk, so i feel fractured.
if it is so easy to fracture the thread, by passing insurgents, maybe we don't deserve anything but two dead threads. that is, after the post-forceful segregation hype dies down of course, because they can't lose face that fast

Get back in line, Ivan. We have work to do.

what the fuck does that even mean? actually, don't care.

0.04 dogecoin has been deposited into your account.

wouldn't be surprised if you were part of the /flt/ insurgency.

>actually of the /cyb/+/sec/ ilk
Do you really think that guy posting in EVERY THREAD for nearly an ENTIRE YEAR was wrong? The two are related because of their name. The contents are not. You might as well say "yeah im of mechanic+chef ik"