Tech conferences?

Have you ever gone to one of the tech conferences? I have a job (1st job out of college) and my work will pay me to go to one conference per year. I can pick pretty much any one of them.

I've been thinking about going to one of the Linux conferences but they might be weird.

At Linuxcon, they have these "communication stickers" that you put on your badge that tells others how socially dysfunctional you are.

>Green: pls talk to me
>Yellow: don't talk to me if i don't know you
>Red: do not approach me at all

Is this a typical occurrence at Linux conventions?
Are Linux users so introverted and timid that they need a special sticker to tell people not to approach them?

I'd post pics of this same identical system being used at bronycon, but I don't want to get banned.

Yes, linux users really are this autistic.
Also the overlap between bronycon and linuxcon attendees is greater than you think.

tfw wear green sticker all the time and no one talks to me

( ._.)

this?

they had these stickers at CCC and then someone took them and made this artwork with it at the women's bathroom.

Even the green card is insulting, it's basically a threat.

Post the other picture of someone drawing a dick in the women's restroom with all red cards.

it's a product of feminazi cunts.

Just get trashed and stay for half. Get ripped and hit on girls outside your social circle. Have a good time.

Not OP but are linux confrences a good place to pick up grills? Im not very good with women but at least i guess at such an event they would have similar interests.

yes (。>﹏

I'd sick red card to ass
Green card just over crotch
Yellow Card on my breast pocket.

It's cheeky-breeky, but fuck it.

>are linux confrences a good place to pick up grills?
uh

sure but they're not exactly girls

What do you mean 'not exactly'? they either are or they arent

i didn't realize this was a real thing
is dobson /ourguy/?

the directions of these stickers are wrong, basically
it's like people trying to say what pronouns you should use
it's other people who have the power here, not yourself

>is dobson /ourguy/?
are you a furry with an inflation fetish

I went to FOSScon in Philadelphia a few years ago. It was pretty great. As far as conferences go, it was one of the non-corporate types. There was a large focus on Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and hackable electronics.

Conventions, yes, conferences not so much. Not exactly the same thing.

Conventions are good because the girls look like girls.

Conferences good because they don't want to be there and want to fuck the boredom away.

They'll have feminine penises

>Yellow: don't talk to me if i don't know you
How is anyone supposed to get to know you if you don't want to get introduced`?

kek