Pay $70/mo and only get 10mbps up

>pay $70/mo and only get 10mbps up

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qw9AYLsV6m0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because 99% of people don't need more than say 5mbps up.

>Why is this allowed?
'murica

I pay $110 and get 5/2 (Aus)

250/100 $44/mo
feels good

I only get 100kb/s up and 1,6mb/s down here in germany. The only upgrade I get in the next 20 years is vectored vdsl. Meanwhile, the refugee camp 400m down my street already has fiber.

why haven't aussies revolted against this shit

>Pay $100 AUD a month
>7/1 up / down
>500gb data
>Telstra

>$60 a month
>35/20 down / up
>50gb data
>Vodafone 4G

Use the 4G for gaming since home net cables are shit and unstable

We don't know to do anything other than be subservient prisoners.

Telecom collusion. Google Fiber needs to restart.

We already did, shitcunt just hasn't got NBN yet.

>paying Telstra
Stupid is as stupid does?

>Idiot migrant
Go home mate.

We didn't spend the last 20 years ensuring competition in our country for dickheads like you to whinge about it.

About 23$
250/20

Thank:
FCC
State legislatures
Cities with franchising
Stock market

This is mostly, though not completely, a gubmint issue.

>pay $70/month
>get 1gbps
>no data caps

This is why figuring out which ISP services an area is more important than a decent school district when deciding where to buy a house.

>Cox
There's your problem, you support shit ISPs, shit ISPs keep operating.

>We already did, shitcunt just hasn't got NBN yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=qw9AYLsV6m0

>We already did, shitcunt just hasn't got NBN yet.
Even with the NBN, the fact you're doing last mile copper instead of FTTP is limiting your end customer speeds to 100mbps or less and you'll be stuck that way likely for the next decade until you finally get your heads out of your asses and pay up for full fiber infrastructure.

>This is why figuring out which ISP services an area is more important than a decent school district when deciding where to buy a house.
This guy knows his shit.
t. moved to an area that was laying fresh FTTH lines

>time Warner
>advertises I get 50 down/5 up
>only get 20 down most days, barely 2 up if I'm lucky

I've had FTTH for over a decade now, having moved twice in this period i've always made sure to stay within an FTTH service area. Fuck DOCSIS garbage or VDSL or other bullshit copper memes.

F T T H
T
T
H

60€/month

We've only stopped being 3rd worlders when it comes to internet about 2 years ago tho.

100/10 for 20 euros a month in Finland.

>third world shithole
>get 100/100 for the same price
Sup burgers

Well it all began in the early 20th century when the government *gave* money to telcos (read at&t) to "improve" infrastructure and those executives just used the money to buy smaller telcos ending competition. The antitrust laws, patent endings and so, there was _some_ competition. Now enters internet and Bill being the coolest guy he is, he start giving money to telcos AGAIN to "update" infrastructure. The money once again is just used to buy smaller ISPs . Now that MOST places have no competition the savior of the white race want to summon the free market god so the average joe can build their own ISP using a link from a major telco and using the poles from the same major telco and compete with the same major telco. God bless the Free Market.

50/5 would be your maximum speed ignoring all other factors

To be fair, some companies like Verizon took the money and built out FTTH networks throughout the northeast cities and more populated suburbs, so it's not like they all just took the money and ran.

And while you can argue verizon should have laid more fiber than they did for how much they were paid, they certainly did a hell of a lot more actual fiber network than pretty much anyone else who took the money.

It's the only one in my area besides Verizon 1.1mbps dsl

>God Bless the Free Market
>After just explaining the government did it
wew lad

If you're VERY lucky, Verizon might offer you fixed wireless on their 5G network when it gets set up in the Boston area.

They don't want to spend money laying more fiber, so their idea is to lay fiber to micro cell sites and then offer 5G modem's to nearby residents to connect to the 5G micro cell site and they're expecting 500-800mbps throughput.

im not american and they do that too. you can buy lots of download speed but all plans have only 20mbps up. not even money can get you higher upload speeds.

25mbps/25mbps for $15/month
google fiber
wish there was more than 2 tiers.
i have NZBGet setup to limit download speed when I'm normally at home after work, so it mainly downloads at night or in the afternoon.

Same here, Germany is fucking shit, in things of technology

yeah my ISP does the same.

50/50mbps or 1000/1000

nothing in between.

I know they actually made something else with the money and not just buy the small players. The small players wasn't simply bought by the big guys, a lot of them was sold to the big guys because they couldn't handle the competition the big guy bring (Because of government funding they received).
My point was simply to shitpost a little and denounce public funding in private enterprises and how it happened in the past and continue to happen in the present and why this is bad for consumers/taxpayers..

It was an irony to the last sentence. Now that the shit was made the government want free market to dictate the offer of services (which it should) but it fails to realize that due to its own actions made in the past you can't have the free market dictate the offer of services, to simplify:
>goverment create the monopoly
>goverment wants the free market to regulate the monopoly.

Oh, I'll blame my autism for not getting that.

$100 aud a month
100GB bandwidth
Would monopoly again Australia/10

if it makes you feel any better I do my part by seeding 1.5TB of content on my 1gbps upload.

>13 €/month
>300mbps up/down
>Lithuania
>Very little non-white people
Feels good

> tfw 2km from Germany
> 500/500
This is what I get on my phone

>Seeding

t. pajeet rajesh of the FCC astroturfing robot division

Google fiber is just taking tax dollars and putting that shit in minority areas.

google fiber's getting installed on monday, stay mad pleb

>Live in Mexitaco
>150Mbps with 50Mbps upload is $50

Murica here

$60/mo for 100/10
I wish they'd go like 60/50 or 70/40, tho

Hope you don't plan on having any control over your network since Google doesn't allow you to customize the router at all

I'm third world and I get 25 up for $11/mo
I only have 25 down though

my ISP lets you use whatever router you want thankfully while still being 1gbps fiber.

Pfsense, or consumer garbage. They don't care as long as you aren't bothering them for tech support. If you want their tech help you have to have their router.

Wouldn't they just control the modem and you could hook up your own router behind it?

Isn't this Sup Forums?

>10/5 up/dn
>free
>no cap

Typo:
>10/5 dn/up

...do you know how fiber works?

Don't buy that garbage. You can and should get 5x that much speed for 3 times less cash.

>fiber
>modem
nigger...

modem, router, whatever they use to connect to their network. connect your own router to it, instead of a computer, and you'll be fine

I pay $60 for 100 down, 5 up. Mean while my brother on the other side of town, also using comcast, pays $30 for the same thing.

Life sucks.

....that's not how it works, you can't just go out and buy an ONT, they're tied to to the OLT directly, your data is encrypted in a manner only your ONT can decrypt. That's how you get 16-32 people sharing a single fiber optic cable. Everyone has their own encrypted stream sharing bandwidth with everyone else on that same fiber.

Not to mention ONT's can cost $500+ new, and $2000+ for NG-PON2 ONTs.

There is a reason they're owned by the ISP and tied to the property (when you move you leave the ONT because it's attached to the house).

The problem with google fiber if I remember correctly is there ONT is built into the router. So you HAVE to use there router (though it might have a bridge mode). Where as with my ISP the ONT is externally located and it converts to ethernet where you can plug whatever router you want into it.

Since you are obviously retarded, please consult this diagram instead

Huh so fancy onts exist. I guess they use them for fttb.
In my country all isps use shitty onts for gpon ftth. If you pay for a higher plan ($30+) you get pppoe passthrough (or something like that). Higher and you get aon.
Tp link actually made a ont that can work with an ISP's gpon.

If you just plug it in you're gonna get double nat.

that's what happens with every network anyway, so no big deal

we paid $60/mo for this + landline
just moved so i went from this all of my life

to this
fuck small towns desu

Nice. Where'd you move to?

I'm OP and was at this speed for like 4 years before they started limiting upload speeds

this is undoubtedly true.
Although I'd say something like 96%, not 99%

>have twc
>paid for 1.5mbps back in 2010
>plan is upgraded 3 times without knowing
>they don't charge for it
>get 100mbps
life is ez

400m is an easy shot with a rifle klaus

what's the best speed test site that isn't just modifying results?

>Since you are obviously retarded, please consult this diagram instead
it's almost like I said that...
>The problem with google fiber if I remember correctly is there ONT is built into the router. So you HAVE to use there router (though it might have a bridge mode).

i get 250kbps up

> pay 25₾ or 10$ and 50 cents
> do data caps
> no bullshit

isnt 100mb down to much for a house anyways?

>because technology
unless they spent the money to get fiber to your home chances are you have cable based DOCSIS internet and most providers have not yet implemented the new spec that gives you near gigabit upload speeds.

>pay for advertised "up to" 50Mb/s
>get 25 on a good day at really off hours
>usually 10-15 otherwise
Which law lets them blatantly lie to their customers like this?

only because of the bandwidth cap

i could max my bw cap out in 1 day

lol? I use several terabytes a month of data.

100mbps is fine for most people, but I had 150mbps and then 300mbps, and I still found value in upgrading to 1gbps.

50 down 16 up €25/month
Get fukd

(1000 up and 1000 down) advertised
I get like 950 up en 980 down got a pretty good deal 360 euro's for 1 year
Fucking 1euro a day
My isp is tweak a dutch company

gotta love that there is an internet backbone running through virginia. ashburn has seriously become datacenter country.

Yup. the government and their defense contractors need bandwidth.

AWS is tied in to some fed shit these days too, AWS data center employees in Virginia have to have security clearances (ts/sci).

About 8.5$ for 100/100
Real speeds are about 95/95 most of the time, although the stability sometimes isn't the best.

Do you pay them in tapas

100/100 plus basic TV package (25 channels) + modem + digibox for 20€ a month. Estonia

250/250 for about 22€/mo

>the only way in america to have good internet is letting ad advertisement company inspect all of your traffic
Sad!

>this shit showed up today
This should be illegal

>phoneposting
all mobile IP ranges should be banned.

$100/month
100/40 with 13TB a month of data

Right now it's peak hour 6:40pm but around midnight and onwards until 1pm or so I will get 96/38

Virgin home internet in Canada gives me 25d/10u for $50/mo CAD (like $40 USD)

>13TB a month of data
Why such an odd number?

Is that nbn?

I am paying $80 for this bullshit.

I contact support, they offer me a "speedboost" to 100Mbps for a free monthly trial to see if it helps. How exactly will that help when this is all due to congestion? Optarse is the worst fucking telco in this country.

One of their staff LITERALLY told me I should think about using the internet between 12am-12pm if I want faster speeds.

That latency isn't even a true representation by the way, it occasionally spikes to 330ms making online gaming an awful experience.

It has to be NBN, nothing else manages speeds like that over here.

Not really. I noticed the difference between 100 and 300 when watching 4k video.

Also consider that lots of hones have four or more people using the Internet at the same time. Possibly all watching 4k video.

This is true, 1gbps is pretty usless for a single person compared to 300mbps. But 1gbps is fantastic for a house of 3-4 heavy internet users.

You can download and stream whatever you want and never worry about fucking up someone else's experience.