What exactly is so bad about Python?

What exactly is so bad about Python?

Why do people on g say you learn "bad habits"? Like fucking what? It's so ambiguous and vague please explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/14979224/indentation-error-in-python
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not lisp

>Why do people on g say you learn "bad habits"?
You posted this in the previous thread and the previous thread before that again. Just stop already, this is obviously bait.

And yet no one replied. That's the whole point.

It's something constantly repeated but no one can actually explain it which leads me to believe this is just dogmatic bullshit where people hate something for arbitrary reasons or reasons absolutely blown out of proportion.

I've noticed the same thing in online fitness communities where everyone DEMANDS you do powerlifting lifts even when a trainee has no interest in powerlifting and has no reason to be bound by competition lifts.

People may take Python features as given, so this can cause problems when switching to another language, if a python programmer ever would switch his language.

it has classes which are inherwntly bad habitted type of structured code they make you into habitat and therefore its not entirely goos to use classes which python the language has So be CAREFUL when you play with him as hes REPL not so fucki** good so caution id MENDA T O R Y

Can you rewrite this in English please?

What's more, it strictly depends on whitespace.

what the fuck

it's a scripting language for small tasks. but numales took it and tried to write proper software in it. it failed. but the meme stayed.

Why is whitespace bad necessarily?

It makes things more readable. Why do I need to have "the freedom" to make my code look like shit

nothing really as long as you dont have any huge expectations for it

its essentially a scripting language, so treat it like one and stop running webservers from it or trying to create mobile applications or desktop guis or demanding games

>And yet no one replied. That's the whole point.
Because it's fucking bait.

>It's something constantly repeated
No it fucking isn't, fuck off

Explain to me why Django or Flask are bad.

I always presumed it was cause you imported others work for fucking everything you needed to do instead of doin it yourself, but i don't have a problem with python because Sup Forums is not one person

U feelin aight dude?

>it's bait to ask a question about a programming language on a technology discussion board

>no it isn't
It literally is though. Have you never seen people hating on Python on g?

Python is epic I xD all the time using it.

>importing is bad

Do you write your own libraries, languages, compilers, frameworks, APIs etc too?

This is why I don't have a problem with python

You're making any enquiries about Python you fuckhead, you're making a bait thread and you know it.

>Have you never seen people hating on Python on g?
Yes, and fucking no one say they hate it because of "bad habits". They hate it for a bunch of other reasons, both valid and invalid.

The only one who fucking say that it gives you bad habits is you, and you say it often and create threads about it constantly.

Settle down pipsqeuak this is the second thread I've made.

Maybe others make similar threads because they are trying to comprehend the Sup Forums retardation in regards to many common technologies. Quite frankly it's starting to seem like just hating things for being popular. That's probably why they feel good writing

I think user is telling you to not use classes everywhere like in java just because you can and that you should stick to functions etc if you do not need a class to get into good habitats

>Settle down pipsqeuak this is the second thread I've made.
You're contributing to a horrible board culture and you're only fostering irrational language wars by dragging everyone down to their level, rather than doing the sensible thing and have rational discussions and just ignore the trolls.

>Quite frankly it's starting to seem like just hating things for being popular.
You really needed to create a thread two fucking times to figure out this? A single glance at the /dpt/ should have been enough to tell you this.

I'm a slowlearner

Sup Forums hates pretty much everything, just use whatever yo want without seeking some Internet forums' approval.

Nothing wrong with scripting a simple thing in python.

For more complicated tasks that require a little more leg work, you have to reduce overhead and dependencies or you'll be inefficient.

Why does YouTube use python

To: 62030321
>Why is whitespace bad necessarily?
stackoverflow.com/questions/14979224/indentation-error-in-python

for personal scripting it's alright (what python is best for as a comfy interpreted language anyway)
but there's always a faggot in you team that uses an IDE converting tabs to an arbitrary amount of space.
And don't tell me that would be so workflow shettering that this asshat would adapt or drop out immediately because I've had one of them in my team for two years and I was the one to quit.