Now that android has irrevocably cucked itself, and iOS has long been trash

Now that android has irrevocably cucked itself, and iOS has long been trash
Is there a viable alternative to these two?

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/jolla-to-begin-testing-sailfish-os-on-the-sony-xperia-x-this-month/
ollieparanoid.github.io/post/postmarketOS/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Windows phone

7.1.2 is still safe for now

What's happening with 8?

> brick the OS

What happened with Oreo?

>Windows phone

I have absolutely no idea, but considering the recent Google bullshit I wouldn't be surprised if it's bad

they added in a "feature" that allows you to autofill in apps.

so basically they will now be keylogging everything you type in apps instead of just the web browser.

Still have mostly KitKat installed on my devices. Don't care about fragmentation issues until 'Android's Windows 7' "just werks."

BlackBerry OS 10.3.3.1435

If enough people jump on it, It'll get more love again.
And it can run Android apps barring the stuff BlackBerry Guardian says "NOOOOOOOPE, fug off" too.

It's a big piece of shit. They're pulling an apple and adding unnecessary features to make it EZ2UZE, but are creating bloat and making it more complicated. It even looks like iOS.

I went back to a flip phone running BREW. Fuck apple, fuck google-- I'm done with smartphones.

Same as always.
Depends on gapps. You shouldn't have them anyway.

Last year I sold my smartphones and went to a $20 dumbphone, best decision I've made in a long time. Only have to charge every 5-6 days, cheap as fuck plan, can still send/receive texts. Bam.

is this a nigger reference? is android getting blacked?

Make Maemo Great Again!

>Maemo
RIP you stillbirth

>not this one

>alternatives
1. SailfishOS
2. KDE plasma mobile
>sort of alternatives
3. LineageOS / Copperhead OS
4. Android without gapps

Why is google still struggling to make an official xhalo?

Is anyone else genuinely starting to hate smartphones?
Everyone smartphone OS is beyond meme tier and they're all botnets.
Every smartphone """enthusiast""" is either a pajeet or a manchild who think they're hot shit for getting root access and customising the most normie friendly OS going.
Even the whole modding scene is a joke, the fact that they call custom firmware "ROMs" just shows how illiterate they all are. Not to mention all their "ebin rices" are done though normie tier apps complete with Material Design™.
Then (((google))) comes out and further runs their os into the ground by naming it after a fucking biscuit.

I wish Symbian never died.
Loved it.

>pajeet remix
no thanks buddy

yeah that's what I was thinking too
wouldnt mind an e74 or an n95 again desu

meant e72

>implying lineage doesn't contain pajeets

I got my first smartphone last year(lg g4)... Welp not entirely true coz i had n900 but i did more hacking than using it as a phone....
Anyhow, i legitimately want to send lg a request to unlock my phone, as the ads and the proprietary staff built for idiots are killing me. There is a hard wall in everything. I was waiting since last year for the android 7.0 rollout for my device amd then root it myself... But it didn't happen.
Android is pretty much blobed since forever. Google really sucks at everything, they have todo 1000 things in order to get 2 working projects.
I blame arm's incompatible isa for this too.
There isn't really any alternative to android, except if you want to buy neo900 for 1000€.
The only hope is devices with unlocked bootloader and a community driven project... And i am never gonna install some random rom on my phone since there is no way to open a terminal and troubleshoot any problem that rises.

I would do this but I need to be able to shitpost when I'm not at home without bringing my x220 everywhere. My moto g 2nd gen is starting to fall apart physically and there are no good options even if you are willing to buy the "best" phone at any price it's more a question of which is the least shitty of all the shitty available options.

Wasn't mozilla developing their own OS?
Are there any maemo devices around still?

What did they mean by this?

>FirefoxOS
Lel. It was shit. Imagine early ChromeOS but on mobile. The only difference was it used Firefox instead of Chrome as it's desktop/UI.
It could work if they remade it on modern devices and on their new engine, but it still faces the same no apps issue. It's not profitable to make it or sell it. Even sailfish failed and it can actually emulate android apps so it doesn't lack apps.

theres lots of new empowered women emojis too!

And britbong flags

And the most important

did that really really really need an emoji?
dear Lord what has this world come to.

Can't use most apps without sign in

They dropped support for everything that isn't windows 10 mobile

I'm sure /d/ will love that one

Microsoft already said they won't keep developing or supporting windows phone anymore.

>not realising he's talking about botnetdroid

A dick emoji would be more used

And what's the problem? Something to hide? Mhm?

Well then it looks like I replied to the wrong user

why don they expose the whole breast wtf is this oppression?! FREE THE NIPPLE

We need to meme this into reality. Praise kek!

>Praise kek
Fuck off

No u!

>No u
Fuck off

>this is the average fa/g/

isn't sailfish support on non-jolla phones still really bad? I haven't heard much since they released alpha support for the OnePlus One back in the day. I feel like they didn't even keep the OPO build updated. I had been meaning to try that, but I broke my OnePlus One, and I don't think the 2 or 3 are supported.

>need
No, you don't.

You can get it on Xperia X series. People weren't interested so sony didn't push more devices with it. But as an OS it's way better than android.

Bullshit. Source or fuck off

""""Windows phone"""" is dead, but they just rebranded to Windows Mobile / Windows 10 Universal.

Based on LOS so it counts too.

Their old bootlogo was cooler though.

source or did you pull that out of your ass.

uhh it's on the android O website, nerd. did you read it?

[spoilers]i don't think they actually keylog it though, they just keep what you ask them to{/spoiler]

>Google
>white woman
>black child

What did they mean by this?

match made in heaven

the blackberry passport is $150. its got a glorious 4:3 resolution, and a physical keyboard.
i got one about a week or two ago and its not bad

That image pleases me. You better not be fucking around and posting fake images here, user. I will REEE out loud if this is fake.

it's fucking massive though

yes. people dont look where they walk anymore because they are posting on facebook instead or watching videos and its annoying.

Between them, Android and iOS have 100% market share. Every other operating system has been reduced to a rounding error. We're well and truly locked in.

You know you want one.

seems like it's actually happening xda-developers.com/jolla-to-begin-testing-sailfish-os-on-the-sony-xperia-x-this-month/

Looks like need for speed logo

_donald

>doge emoji

YES

>cucked itself
Android is married to itself and watching itself have sex with another man? The fuck does that even mean

Go contribute to postmarketOS
ollieparanoid.github.io/post/postmarketOS/

I dont think so young man.

>implying the whole of Android and other mobile phone OSs aren't keyloggerd to begin with

Why don't we make one? No srs, Android is open-source, and we've got a lot of pajeet developers here, Why don't we just fork and redesign it the way we want.

great idea, i'll design the logo

And i will rage quit and neglect the code

I'm not into Android development but doesn't it have lots of non-free libraries and programs and stuff under the hood that are fairly important? Wouldn't it be extremely difficult to reinvent half the wheel here? I know that the Play Store and other Google apps are closed source and so are any apps that the manufacturers and carriers include, and obviously you'd have to integrate closed drivers. But is everything else open source?

If we remake it, we'd remake it right, which means using a whole-new runtime layer, while developing a separate compatibility layer for Android applications.

Android 5.xx coloros Master race here

6 was a cluster fuck on my HTC

Can't imagine how bad 7 is

alright, i'll be the ideas guy

Windows phone doesn't ship to my country anymore. I cry, becsuse it was my favourite phone desu (I've also used iPhone an android before.)
Now i'm back on android, at least it's better than iShit.

>Info stored from the code contribution platform and cursory services
I don't think any of those are related to normal use of the phone, correct me if I'm wrong

android O literally halves the boot time finally gives PiP and after a years of begging they finally added protection against bootloops

ANDROID IS KEKED

I really miss ios 3
>golden age of jailbreaking
>no meme flat UI
>apps were original and interesting
>eliminate fucking pro

/ORS/ OPERATION REVIVE SYMBIAN

>BlackedBerry
lolol

It's for LOS developers. It isn't even about the phones.

you mean it isnt keylogged yet?

LineageOS will always be great but Oreo is very promising.

Oreo has dual partitions for other phones besides the pixel

-multi display support
-dual pane multi applications
-vulkan support
-unified icons
-unified fonts
-open camera API

the best imo is Project Treble
It's a hardware deal between google and the chip manufacturers to work with a standard API so phones will have android support way longer.

People often acredit androids short update support on google but the reality is chip manufacturers and OEMs have been shipping proprietary blobs with hardware and every phone has a different SOC so it makes it impossible to apply the same updates to every individual phone

Trebel forced them to now create chips that target android 8+ by design instead of forcing google to adapt to them

Pic related

they wont need to change the binary drivers every android update anymore because its reduced and targeted

this also allows more drivers to be run in userland like the camera driver which will make blobless cameras a possibility!

babues usually wear hats so thats his hat you halfwit baitposter

tizen

ETA on official Sony Sailfish phone?

How do I use Snapchat then?

ARCH PHONE WHEN

I know I'm joining the discussion a bit late but I feel that there is currently no alternative to these two phones.

Maybe a Blackphone but I'm skeptical. It's still Android even if modified.

Do they make flip phones that would still allow you to tether your devices to it and use its data? Or are flip phone OS's still super trivial to hack?