How come so many people's don't understand what a VPN is?

How come so many people's don't understand what a VPN is?

It's not the fact that its a VPN, there worried that its going trough google and to make it an overblown issue they act like its going to be on all the fucking time and you have no control.
This is almost a good thing Google has done really now normies won't get there shit pwned when you use McDs wifi

you homos should meet up for coffee after your shifts.

It's Sup Forums, dude. Half is braindead muds and the other half is inbred whites.

and you are?

To be fair Google is not stranger to botnet bullshit, so of course tinfoilers would have a kneejerk reaction.

You don't need to pay the vpn, just use incognito mode in chrome you dumb gullible fucks.

It's funny how they're complaining when most of them probably are using Chrome on Windows 10 while signed in to to their Google account

>not using win10 enterprise and de-botnetting it
>not using ungoogle chromium

can any of you recommend a vpn? saves me starting a thread.

I like NordVPN. PIA is also good.

>win10 Enterprise
>not Enterprise ltsb
Garbage

I've heard good things about PIA, but I haven't used it yet. Was thinking of buying a 1 year subscription soon.

how come posting frogs and linking to Sup Forums is still allowed?

PIA is decent for torrenting. I wouldn't trust them with anything more than that though.

I used to have ltsb but it's not compatible with a couple of shit I wanted so I went to regular enterprise

Ltsb was a godsend

>PIA
least trustworthy probably

Why wouldn't you trust them for anything else?
I've seen PIA heavily recommended in pretty much any tech forum, including Sup Forums. They also sponsor many organizations that develop open source software.

What was incompatible with ltsb? I've never had any issues, but then again I only ever boot into windows for games.

>What was incompatible with ltsb?
some software is windows store exclusive, which is not compatible with ltsb

thanks dude
>danknet here i come

vpn ht

Go back to your containment board

I'll just repeat other Anons, I believe NordVPN is most popular choice, If you're willing go to reddit r/VPN for some good info but beware that VPN companies pay people to go onto the sub and shill

go back to jidf.org

If you don't roll your vpn what are you doing here?

Thanks for the help, I'll check them out.

A vpn only hides your IP, it doesn't encrypt all your data on the fly, that's what tor does. Is this correct?

This

>Why wouldn't you trust them for anything else?
Mainly because they're cheap and well put together. It doesn't have that FOSS stank.

>Is this correct?
No

Why are you on Sup Forums?

>Sup Forums
found your problem

maybe because all your data can still be obtained by the owner of the VPN you retarded fuckwads. Google probably paid android a hefty sum for this partnership because it means that much more data gets collected by google.

VPN requires an agreement of trust between the user and the owner and if you trust google your a retarded jew. Why do you think there are no free reliable VPNs?

>Google probably paid android

>Sup Forums is dum

news at eleven m'lord

Aahahahhaha
Leave

>Google probably paid android
kys retard

stay butthurt Sup Forumsyps

A VPN also does encrypt data as well as hiding IP.
So when you torrent your Chinese cartoons passive surveillance wont notice what you're doin or where you're doin' it from

I literally just started using trust.zone. It works pretty well for me so far.

I'm not doing anything illegal, just for when I connect to public wifi at school or coffee shops.

I've heard more negative than good about PIA. NordVPN and Trust.Zone were the only ones that appealed to me.

ProtonVPN also appealed to me, the guys who do ProtonMail.

Trust.Zone, NordVPN and ProtonVPN seemed to be the best.

are yall retarded or just shills?
>google wants more data
>pays android to make internet go through their own VPN
its called business

Is there a point where it's too late for a VPN to be worth it after years of being online without one?
To me it seems like the damage to my privacy would have already been done so there's not much I can do about it.

Sup Forums is stupid, what did you expect?

I've thought about that too. Most of our info is out there already.

Bank accounts, online purchases, all the accounts made over the years.

I would say it's never too late to protect yourself though.

Ah, you're just pretending to be stupid.

It's Sup Forums, inbred degenerates have a hard time with tech.

Fuck off shill, I literally work with hundreds of vpns on a daily basis and there's no way in fucking hell I'm letting my phone create an encrypted tunnel directly to (((google))).

Right, that's why you trust a phone made and owned by google.

Aww poor Sup Forums frog poster got so butthurt he had to come make a thread about this.

>What is CopperheadOS
kys

4G could be a decent alternative to land lines if not for this bullshit.

Stuck in the middle with you.

>OS
what is hardware?

Yeah bro my chinkphone (6p) totally has good hardware backdoors built into it

yes it does

VPN is the new USB
>how do I plug in "a USB"
>what "VPN service" should I use

none of these anons will see the irony in their post.
>bitch about a boogieman
>proceed to perpetuating said boogieman

>least trustworthy
>one of the best known providers
>constantly at the top of TorrentFreak's yearly VPN list
>no logging, period
>no known cases of leaking data (which doesnt exist)