"please shove it up my ass dear open source cuckmasters"

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pale Meme doesn't have this problem.

Iridium doesn't have this problem

Ungoogled Chromium doesn't have this problem

With Brave you won't encounter these obstacles.

>Iridium

Seems pretty dead :\

I just went back to botnet.

Your collected data will be used to empower minorities and people of color.

Fuck it, lynx time.

It's a pretty nice idea because the unbiased sampling will give a more correct inference about a population which means a better product and so on.

Disappointing but at least it'll be opt-out. Firefox wanting to use data to improve itself is nothing compared to the Google machine creating a profile for you, following you everywhere, and putting you in a bubble.

Mu problem with Google is not that they research excellent statistical machine learning techniques but is that they fire engineers for truth. So I'm perfectly well with Firefox. Alongside with Jews, Mozilla is even more based and powerful than the pajeetted Google.

Except when you know that Firefox has been using Google itself to track users too

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785

Not to mention that all those SJWs in-house may leak your browsing history if they see it useful for their cause.

Cool. I like it. I hope it helps them. And yes, it is telemetry but their browser is fully open source and they're literally the only competitor to Chrome. I don't care about some opt-out telemetry. It will probably be fully removed in waterfox anyway so Firefox users don't have to worry.

True, Google's money is advertisement, they really interested in getting not just a technical information about usage but rather a social one and it more likely fits to the local teenager-tier definition of a botnet.

> a lot of addons dead soon
> losing marketshare
> slowly adding telemetry bullshit
cuckzilla got corrupted, its just going to become like crappy copy of chrome, i would call it, the tranny chrome, it even uses the google analytics bullshit on their addons page, fucking Christ

Why do you care if they collect anonymous data?

But they already collect telemetry unless you explicitly disable it.

Use w3m or lynx or curl.

Who cares if they know 96% of Sup Forums visitors purchase dragon dildos online using food stamps.

who else /netrunner/?

>> a lot of addons dead soon
Won't the dead add-ons just be ones that are already dead and not supported by the devs? If it was worth having I'd imagine they would update/rebuild it.

I'm in the rest 4%.

Mozilla are using Google tech (RAPPOR) for this data collection. If you don't trust Google, you cannot trust Firefox.

>is that they fire engineers for truth

Whereas MozCorp forces out employees for holding an opinion, without them even needing to write some autistic manifesto and pass it around. Looking forward to your mental gymnastics to explain why this is okay.

>forces out employees for holding an opinion
Do you have a link to read about that?

It's ok, they are only doing it to protect us from wrongthink and harmful opinions

>MozCorp forces out employees for holding an opinion
How did you learn this?

Waterfox doesn't have this problem

white is still a color

wget neither

It was on the news

Anonymized data is okay; so long as there is a way to opt out. I trust Mozilla far more than Google and co due to their history. The data is very limited. Additionally, there (should) be an opt out option. If there is not a way to opt out, then that is a concern.

These

I thought it was dead?
I haven't seen any threads on it yet. As far as I know the autist devs here on Sup Forums didn't even get to a pre alpha.

In fact, white contains all colors

>As far as I know the autist devs here on Sup Forums didn't even get to a pre alpha.
Well, you haven't been paying any attention then, have you? They have a logo, user.

Disgusting.

so if we mix enough the next generations will end up being white again?

Wow, and this guy is now the CEO of Brave software, which produces the Brave browser. So the creator of Javascript is in charge of Brave? Interesting, I thought it was just a small time thing.

Brave shill should use this info when promoting the browser here

Why do people endorse Iridium when the browser itself admits it can't keep up with undoing the Google botnet?

Only if you can change people into beings of light instead of pigment.

god fucking dammit
I just switched back to firefox from ungoogled chromium
if Brave used Ublock instead ABP it would be perfect for me, but no
What browser should I be using?

You are blind. Mozilla has been collecting data for about a decade. Even IceCat (albeit an addon may have been the culprit??) made a call to Google's safebrowsing website (found via wireshark), even though that's supposed to be disabled. I ended up changing all remote URLs in IceCats about:config to 127.0.0.1. I also wasn't what exactly caused it, so I disabled SpyBlock and uBlock. Would anyone be interested in an IceCat addon that changes all URLs to 127.0.0.1 in the about:config?

Yes. Some people won't even know that this happens until they see that such an addon exists.

ESR 52 doesn't have this problem

Yes

Except telemetry can fully be disabled. If anything it's a better version of Chrome. Nightly was proven to be faster than chrome recently, so firefox is far from being dead.

Slimjet (64 bit version)
Extremely underrated browser that nobody mentions on Sup Forums. Absolutely reliable, literally "just werks!" and is also ungoogled and has a lot of added privacy options in the settings. It even has a built in adblocker, but I still use ublock origin.

It's has "custom proprietary binary builds by furfag with anal probe" problem.

lynx, links, elinks, emacs w3m maybe. There are still a few choices out there, but they are getting slim.

>It's a pretty nice idea because the unbiased sampling
>unbiased sampling
>unbiased

OK Sup Forums, what browser should I use?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias

>fulltime w3m for several years now
Haha fite me, mozilla

How are you posting if w3m doesn't support any scripts.

Icecat doesn't have this problem.
>proprietary

If it's not broke don't fix it

Pass.

why did firefox remove the xpinstall.signature.required config option.
fucking annoying, the addon i want to use is only updated on its github.

Apparently if you want to use any addon permanently, even ones you don't plan to distribute through AMO, it has to manually inspected and approved by a human at Mozilla.

I've been making some locally and can load them for debugging, but I have to do it each time I open the browser. Pretty annoying, but I can see where Mozilla is coming from (security perspective)

>2011+6
>not using Waterfox
ishiggydiggy