Are imageboards dying out?

Are imageboards dying out?
Or growing?

7+1chan is at a slow halt while Sup Forums seems to be the same or maybe slightly more popular. Smaller sites like 420chan seem to be just the same cult of 100 people or so. The newest spam I've been seeing is for mewch.
What's in store for imageboards in the future?

Sup Forums is fucking done as evident by this pic you posted

Dying out. Concept is too 1995.

desuchan is kill tho.

30+ year old outdated format that never gets updated or improved is dying out, controlled by 1 guy who rarely listens to advice? who would've thought

Sup Forums is only surviving in popularity because of Sup Forums

All of the users that made Sup Forums what it is on Sup Forums have moved on to Sup Forums, the rest of the boards are just along for the ride.

>made Sup Forums what it is on Sup Forums
>thinking literal Sup Forumstards made Sup Forums culture

you've got to go back.

You're a fucking idiot pol has ruined the rest of the boards

It'd be less likely to die if pol and it's traffic just purged themselves

hotwheels killed eightshan
reddit is killing fourchainz

If you're that obsessed with old Sup Forums try boards like [s4s] or /bant/, they're pretty comfy and similar to the old Sup Forums style.

They'll never die. The concept is too simple and fun and people will always try to recreate it.

Chat rooms are still a thing if you look for them.

Nazis and pedos killed 7+1chan.

honestly ok with it. needed an excuse to stop going here.

Stay in denial faggots, if it weren't for old Sup Forums no one would know Sup Forums even exists, and now the only board making any kind of impact on the world is Sup Forums, stay mad though.

Who cares? You own an imageboard? No? Then why does it matter?

the old Sup Forums you have in mind is probably the cancerous newfag infested hole of maybe a decade ago, no wonder you like Sup Forums if that's all you know

ye it's dying

future is reddit, facebook and then very obscure forums for few things you'd have to be a part of a very closed circle or something

the problem with chans is that people don't expect them to work that way. they want it to be fast. and honestly, they don't work well when they're that slow either. but we'll see

that's contradictory, if it's dying (not true btw) then it's fading into obscurity first, if it becomes an obscure place to discuss things on the internet it's a forum (without registration) and therefore part of the future

Stay in denial, when old Sup Forums was in the frontpage of every newspaper making this website what it is today and Sup Forums was just a couple of fat virgins making weaboo threads you were posting on linux forums without knowing this site even existed.

By people you are thinking about people already familiarized with chans, that's probably the main reason why so many Sup Forums off-shots fail. People become used to getting replies fast, unless they can provide a similar experience there won't be a massive migration and without a massive migration they won't be able to provide a similar experience. Ultimately they end up becoming circlejerks and more forum-like.

What exactly am I denying? I can assure you nobody is here because they read about Sup Forums on a newspaper, maybe that is your case, that'd explain your erroneous preconceptions about what a chan is/should be, probably this isn't pointed out to you frequently considering entire generations of new users share them. I think moot called it the activist mentality.

>I can assure you nobody is here because they read about Sup Forums on a newspaper, maybe that is your case,

>What exactly am I denying?

Like pottery.

Who is this demon?

4chins has like quadroupled in traffic after the fappening and trumpening

the rest of chans were always shit, especially 7chan and 420 chan

>if it weren't for old Sup Forums no one would know Sup Forums even exists
Sup Forums without the tides of cancerous edgelord newfags, WHAT A HUGE LOSS THAT WOULD BE user CAN YOU IMAGINE

How could I be denying something that you never implied? I understand at your age you like to use meme speech every chance you got, but it's meaningless if you don't make sense

>420chan
>shit
You obviously don't like "wrestling" or drugs.
Please stay the fuck out.

420chan has a hilariously bad interface.

>every single attempt at making another Sup Forums has failed miserably
>8ch was the next big thing. definitely not going to end up like 7chan
>ended up like 7chan

stoners are gross and wooo is a circlejerk, there are literally no anonymous users

>tfw making an imageboard site

At least its fun, and I can use the DigitalOcean gibs to host it for 10 months for free.

It's the only humane social media format I know of.
For years I've been holding out hoping that the newfag cancer scourge that began taking root here around 2010 would eventually get bored and move on - This now seems further off than ever unfortunately.
I recently launched my own imageboard in response - Seems like a lot of people had the same idea.
May we all have luck in keeping undesirables at bay, and in our diverse experiments discover new ways of coping that we might share and help each other.
And may we all someday, when these dark times have passed, be reunited.
Godspeed Anonymous.