AMD VEGA 64 THREAD

Finally amd has finally beaten the gtx 1080.

Nvidiots now need two 1080 to beat vega 64.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SBx73n-fgdE
hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/44084-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-und-vega-64-im-undervolting-test.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>being bothered by 650w power draw
you're just too poor

my 64 being on 1000mv on 1700 clock draws 403 watts
just another shitty ass thread by tech illiterate brasilian born macacos

Not op but being poor has nothing to do with it, christ they pull more than my 2x1080s .

because you can remove power limit, they stay 200w on powersaver settings
any chip can pull infinity and burn down if you remove power limit
the fact that it doesn't break at that wattage on reference cooler is kind of amazing

this is what amazes me. How does it cool itself with the tiny fan while pulling in so much wattage. the vega gpu might not have so much power but in this regard it's fucking amazing

Bar the actual readings are not correct.
youtu.be/SBx73n-fgdE

wattage from the wall is correct though
also any retests with voltage profiles?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Spoiler: it doesn't

>Manually increase power limit by +50%
>Complain when it uses more power
*contemplates*

I love you OP

Can't wait for my house to set on fire when gaming with my AMD™, This post paid for by AMD™

Why does everyone keep falling for this bait?

This is TOTAL syatem power draw, vega 64 on average will actually use less than it's 295W TDP during gaymen.

390x here weeew

You would still jump any of them given the chance

Good I love big American tits

POO

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

IN

okay let's keep going

isn't she Persian or some shit?

THE

Roman?

Persian is literally a codename for Iranian americans who are ashamed to associate with Iran

hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/44084-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-und-vega-64-im-undervolting-test.html

LOO

LOO XDddddd------

But Tom's are total AMD shills, they hate Intel and Nvidia

>THG is an AMD shill now
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHA
HA

I also hate Intlel and memevidia. That doesn't make me an AMD shill.
I have an RX480 and I like it, but Vega is still shit, especially 64.

Even running 24x7 that is only $1.10 a day.

Nico, my cousin!
Heвepoятнo!

Пpocтo вocхититeльнo!

The drivers are still shit like always. But in theory AMD Vega 64 should curb stomp the 1080. You have to remember Vega is a completely new architecture with a new geometry engine and shit.

AMD Vega 64: 10.2 FP32 TFLOPS, 483.8 GB/s vRAM
GTX 1080: 8.2 FP32 TFLOPS, 320.3 GB/s vRAM

Will AMD deliver with better drivers? We'll have to wait™ and see.

>Will AMD deliver with better drivers?
historically they always do. The question is how much will the performance improve

64 is 12.5tflops FP32.

Pretty fucking significantly.
Like, at least ONE major uarch feature is currently disabled.
It requires driver-side implementation.

That is why you wait for after market cards. Reference has nice components but shit cooling.

By the time after market cards come out it'll be 800 dollars for Vega 64

For the one with an AIO clocked at 1.45 GHz. Air cooled variant most will get is clocked at 1.25 GHz.

No, WC one is 13.7TFLOPS FP32.

I used the term Persian. She herself mentions being Iranian.

That's for the turbo clock frequencies they have. I don't think that's a fair comparison unless everyone here is okay with screaming jet engines like the R9 290X.

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

All AiB boards will feature good fat cooling.

>
>Even running 24x7 that is only $1.10 a day.
Depends on the country/state.

300 watts is a lot for a stock card...

Guess she's a terrorist then

It's not, given it's 4k ALU design.

see Now we just have to play the waiting game again for the drivers.

But the 1080 draw 180 watts...

And it's 2560 ALU design.
Vega56/64 are GP102 competitors.

But the performance is not even close than 1080ti/titan x pascal/titan Xp

>currently disabled.
and which is it

Have a wild fucking guess.
Right now.
Read the thread.

No, it doesn't. It draws 200-220 watts during gaymen. Still more energy efficient than the 280 watts the vega 64 draws but this is assuming AMD never releases improved drivers that take advantage of the 2 extra TFLOPS their card has.

user Vega64 is 4 extra TFLOPS worth of shader math.

other hype train
Last feature people hype is the geometry discard, now it enable, barely give any improvement

> two 1080
One 1080Ti.

>barely any improvement
Hahahahahaha.
Stop.

people thought geometry discard would be enabled in tandem with prim shaders
front+back ends, only back end works

True and if the 3rd party AIOs aren't shit we can expect stable frequencies of ~1,600 MHz or 13.1 TFLOPS of FP32. Power consumption will be a bitch but if that's what it takes to rape nvidia's GTX 1080ti then so be it. I'm pretty excited desu.

You can do it by simply undervolting the Vega while setting the power target higher.

So if the aibs actually come good will we see a high clocked 64 beat a 1080ti?

Guess I'll keep playing the waiting game.

Learnt from the 290 series not to buy and cards early.

Got a ryzen 1600x build in the works waiting

It's over, AMD is finished & bankrupt.

>Last feature people hype is the geometry discard, now it enable, barely give any improvement
How would you be able to see the benefits of fixed function geometry culling when GCN's geometry bottleneck occurs prior to fixed function culling in the rendering pipeline?

Literally the whole point of primitive shaders is to duplicate a conservative version of the kind of primitive culling done by primtive discard to an earlier stage in the rendering pipeline in order to address GCN's tendency to choke on triangles before PDA can help.

>blah blah blah magic
And nvidia would still be better.

on a serious note, how can they hope to come back from this? they're more than a generation behind and that's because nVidia have relaxed recently due to lack of competition. pascal is old and should have been replaced by volta already but they don't need to since vega isn't even close to being a threat. I loved AMD in the days of the HD 7000 series and in hindsight think the r9 200 series was pretty cool also but fiji was bad and vega is fucking terrible.

RIP radeon. At least ryzen was good.

no. the liquid cooled card is still slower than the 1080ti, and by a very large margin, so an AIB card will also be slower.