What rss reader does Sup Forums use?

What rss reader does Sup Forums use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cpSKsQ2CdAU
opera.com/computer/mail
git.codemadness.org/sfeed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont use one, I just read the raw RSS because the readers are botnet.

Newsbeauter

youtu.be/cpSKsQ2CdAU

elfeed, emacs

>emacs
It's just a text editor, asshole.

idk what point you're trying to make or if you're trying to be funny

Liferea, currently trying newsbeuter. In all honesty you don't need more than Liferea to get news and podcasts.

You might be intrested in µrss.

On that note I fucking hate µrss, the ui isn't comfy at all, you can only open on instance (tab) at a time, scanning for updates is buggy, feeds that fail to connect bring you to the tab for an error message (and it doesn't realise when the browser itself doesn't have internet), there's a fucking "read feed" button wich is useless since you can open the feeds by double clicking or hitting enter once they're selected, the loading bar doesn't actually go all the way and the file arborescence is inside an "RSS Feeds" file wich is useless since everything is in that file anyway.

But gotta admit, it does the job, all of it. And is actually minimal.

ITT: retro technology

Bamboo reader. Too bad it will be dead soon.
Are there any good firefox rss readers that will survive the 57 update?

Thunderbird

any alternatives to sparss?

This is sad. Everyone here is reading Rss because it's powerful but we're stuck with aging readers we hate or readers on borrowed time.
Feels like getting yelled at for phone calling your boss "when there's a perfectly good slack with calls paid by the house".

QuiteRSS

RSS Guard. Not as bloated as thunderbird and liferea and has a non-vomit-inducing gui.

reeder

thunderbird
i see no reason why i should get a separate reader for it tbqh

I remember the thunderbird reader being clunky as fuck. Organizing feeds was pain in the ass and you couldn't even view all feeds from subfolders.

Same here. That's why I moved to waterfox.

Inoreader with FeedReader on the desktop
FeedReader is a constant reminder how shit Gnome/GTK+ really is, holy fuck. anybody know a better reader with Inoreader integration?

Bamboo is just too comfy but I don't want to move to some firefox memefork just because it won't get updated.

Opera browser
it's a bit hidden but it works fine

I understand you, but I don't want to use separate program, because they are shit. Online readers are jokes. Another option is palememe, but there some addon incompatibility...

This.

feedly works fine for me but I would prefer to move to self-hosting given the recent events

uuhh... I use Pocket on my phone :D

bazqux = perfect

Thunderbird also.
Seriously, who cares if it's been put out to pasture? Just have it open the articles you want to read in your default browser if you care that much.

I use a local desktop reader since the death of Google Reader, but it's getting harder to find decent feeds. A lot of sites have simply stopped offering them, or don't make the feed easily accessible.

That being said, Facebook and Twitter just can't compete with RSS: Twitter has too much noise and Facebook has too much bullshit and botnet.

The normies just don't understand this, ergo RSS is dying.

rssOwl

it's not great, it's not free as in freedom, but it was the only working rss reader that doesn't require an account of some sort and that support folders that I could find

Is anyone still using the old Opera email client? I've often thought about using it but wonder how wise it is to use something that was released and then abandoned.
opera.com/computer/mail

>not free
>not even free as in beer
>requires account so botnet

no thanks

When Google Reader died I started using rssowl, but after a while performance deteriorated for no reason to the point it was taking tens of seconds to do anything. I switched to QuiteRSS and wound up having the same problem.

I've been using Brief for a long time now and don't have any serious complaints. It would be nice if it handled exotic feeds like podcasts, but that's a very minor thing for me.

looks nice

how's its ram consumption?

Firefox Live Bookmarks. For fuck's sake it's built right into the browser. You can pull the feed subscription button right out of the Customize pane onto your toolbar.

>I started using rssowl, but after a while performance deteriorated for no reason to the point it was taking tens of seconds to do anything.
Same.
But just now I realized that I never cleaned old news, and after removing something like 2000 read news things are faster.

sfeed: git.codemadness.org/sfeed/

TT-RSS

wait, what rss feeds do you use

Omea

Feedly

what's your experience with it so far?

The slight annoyance I have is that sometimes some/few feeds won't updates, in which you just update it again, but normally otherwise it updates fine. You'll have to update via the CLI, in which I recommend you bind in your shell configuration file such as: alias sfeedupate='sfeed_update; sfeed_html $HOME/.sfeed/feeds/* > "$HOME/.sfeed/feeds.html"' in which updates your feed and the html file also. You can figure out on setting up in the README anyway.
I just have the html file ($HOME/.sfeed/feeds.html) bookmarked and just go on it to view my feeds. You can format the feed to plain text or html with frames if you wanted to also.

Thanks, I was thinking about switching from newsbeuter to it, do you use any kind of filter to prevent spam from your feeds? I was thinking about using it's feed2mail option and then use apache spamassasin

I personally don't use any kind of filter to prevent spam, so unfortunately I can't really answer that for you. It's really up to you on trying to see if spam get prevented by using either yourself.

This. Where my tinytiny bros at?