I repaired my friend's monitor by replacing and soldering new components on the power board circuit and it's finally...

I repaired my friend's monitor by replacing and soldering new components on the power board circuit and it's finally powering on. However, the screen is dark or almost black but you can see the desktop, login screen etc. If you encountered this problem, please let me know how to fix it.

Other urls found in this thread:

whatanime.ga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sauce

This is what it looks like. Halp. It was just three components but I used some with a higher voltage since people said it's fine as long as the capacity is the same.

Sauce

btw you burned your friend-s monitor.

Looks like it's from the monogatari series, not sure though.

You did the exact opposite you were supposed to do. Always same voltage and same or higher capacity

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Proof? Everyone says its same capacity but higher voltage.

How can you be not sure if you recognize the character?

Kizumonogatari part 3

Kizumonogatari

If it was capacitors you are fine.
If it was resistors you are fine.
Try to match the values next time just to be sure.
It looks like you either cooked or disconnected the backlight during your repairs.

Your back light fucked.

There is an anime source website, please use it.

whatanime.ga

Also Google finds it 99% of the time.

>/d/isgusting
I guess I need to catch up.

How? I only unscrewed the power circuit board. The display circuit board is still there. Its a pretty old monitor, about 5 years old but still.

You plugged in the inverter cables incorrectly when assembling the screen to the board.

I've repaired capacitors myself in the past, this is a common mistake.

You'll have to take it apart again. You might have simply disconnected the power to the backlight. I've done shit like that before.

Actually same capacity is the correct one. Same voltage is generally recommended also but you can safely go higher if you don't have the correct voltage on hand.

Did you test the voltage output through a voltmeter? And tell me exactly what components were replaced, was it the rectifier?

kizumonogatari rietsu hen (third part).

Yeah that was the problem actually. Wew.

Sounds like no backlight issue.

Check the coil.

Backlight doesn't work, obviously. Pretty much impossible to say why with no information, but I guess I'd start debugging by making sure it's getting power. If the backlight was working before your fix but isn't now, make sure you plugged everything in correctly and make sure the cables are making proper contact. If it's not that I guess I'd start looking at the backlight power circuit.

If this is an older monitor with a CCFL backlight you should be VERY careful though, those operate at high voltage. Actually since you don't seem to know much about electronics, you probably shouldn't try to poke around inside with the power on.

There's a lot of catching up. You'll need to find a list online for all the shows/seasons, and then decide if you want to watch chronologically, or as released.

Good job on fixing the issue.

What's the symbol for Memristors?

I want to mating press that tiddy kitty for the purpose of procreation, while holding hands.

>Memristors

Maybe it's some really good hentai parody.

though it was lewd. nevermind

Reee same

>see a good amount of fan service from the shows
>can't stomach shaft's garbage pretentious directing
Feels really bad. If only there were compilations of the fights and lewd stuff

more like memeristors amirite? xDDDDD

Around minute 38:00 for those interested in that scene.