Post your OS, how long you've been with it and your comfiness rating

Post your OS, how long you've been with it and your comfiness rating.

Time: 4 months
Comfiness 9/10

Windows 10
1-2 years

Ubuntu w/ xfce
10 months

Yes, both are currently used and installed, ubuntu more often tho.

mac os/mac os x/os x/macOS
time: 13 years
↓7/10

this must be the new desktop thread

>Time: 4 months
Not sure if underage who just discovered Linux, or autist who installs a different distro every couple months.

Time: 2 years
Comfort: 9/10

Only real complaint is that pacman doesn't color its output. Yaourt does but you can't do -Ssr as in pacaur.

I've been using Windows 10 since beta, so a little over 2 years and I'm at 0 comfy. It crashes every day, sometimes multiple times a day and I could never fix it. It crashes sometimes even if I let it sit on the desktop without ever touching anything or doing anything, it's completely random.

Clover OS
4 months
8/10

Comfiness: 10/10

Time: 6 years
Comfiness: 8/10; with Windows installed via Bootcamp 9/10

Comfiness: obviously 10/10

Gentoo
about
a few months, as you can guess by my rating, time is not something I pay attention to in this regard
10/10

Desktop OS: Linux Mint Cinnamon
Time: ~2.5 years
Comfiness: 7.5/10

Laptop OS: Ubuntu MATE
Time: 6-8 months
Comfiness: 9/10

Time: 1 year
Comfiness: HolyC/10

Antergos/XFCE
half a month

Windows 10
1 year

Comfy: 8.8/10

Slackware
1 year
9.2/10

At work FORCED to do stock and use a fricken spread sheet with some dinosaur version of like Win 95 I think? Since 2008.
At home I just screw around with Hackintosh for now since Yosemite came out (2014?). Thinking about installing some flavor of BSD over it, when I get some more days off.

Windows 7
7/10

Windows 10
2/10

Mint
6/10

Arch
9/10

Time: 9 months

Win10
Since its release
9/10, I love it, I just hate the fact that it spies on me

OS X
8/10
2 months
It lacks some features that I'm used to on windows, but overall it's a pretty well made OS. The design is top notch compared to anything else. Still not completely used to the hotkeys n shit

ZorinOS Lite
2 months
10/10

Good job, dipshit. You forgot to post how long. Typical retarded Arch user.

MacOS High Sierra Beta
been on mac for 4 years now
comfiness 420/10

Linux just lacks polish and I don't want to fight my OS to make it work and respect my wishes as a user (same goes for you wincucks how long before micro$oft goes full google and removes the opt-outs for telemetry :^)

Desktop: Windows 10
Since the free upgrade when it was released

Laptop: Manjaro w/ KDE
Since May this year I think, though I was using KDE neon before, and Ubuntu before that.

Windows XP
2 years with SP1, 4 years with SP2/SP3
7/10

Windows Vista
1 week
2/10

Windows 7
6 years
9/10

Windows 10
10 months
4/10, horrible experience until I got rid of the MS Store and its apps

Lubuntu
2 years on my lappie
7/10, struggled to get everything running but it's OK now

On my desktop and servers I've used Debian since 1999 when neckbeards were memeing it hard on IRC and Usenet. By 2002 I had gone full Debian and completely removed Windows 2000. It's one of the comfiest operating systems out there. I also tried Slackware around 2001 but I didn't like it. I used a PowerBook from like 2003 to 2006 alongside my Debian desktop and it was extremely comfy. Then in 2006 I bought a ThinkPad R60 for over $1200 which I still have and use Debian on, until mid 2012 when I got the computer I have now which is a ThinkPad T400 with Libreboot that I used to run Debian on. I've been trying out Fedora on it since late February of this year and I like it just as well as Debian, though I'm seriously considering switching back because I'm not a fan of bleeding edge stuff. I prefer maximum stability and compatibility where I can update once a month or so which Debian provides. With Fedora it's 200-400MB of updates every week or so and I get fucked up packages when I neglect updates for more than two weeks or so.

I suggest sticking with Debian for now. It doesn't get much better. If you want a super secure computer then use OpenBSD. It comes at the expense of software compatibility and ease of use but it's definitely worth it for server and embedded stuff. I have an old netbook running OpenBSD in my closet that I use as a personal email server and it's great. I have a Raspberry Pi cluster that I might migrate to OpenBSD in the future as well.

Definitely use OpenBSD. FreeBSD is pretty retarded because the GUI installer is clunky and half assed and package management isn't very good. It often makes things unnecessarily complex, whereas OpenBSD is made by the devs for the devs, unlike FreeBSD which tries to please everyone and always fails. Don't be afraid of the text installer. It's easier than FreeBSD's graphical installer.

Arch with cinnamon
Two years
9.9/10

Time: Since 01/01/01
Comfiness: 4/10 early promise not delivered

Anything in High Sierra worth an early install?

Win8
4+ years
5, it's aight I mainly just keep it around for college courses

Win7
4+ years
6, it's my gaymes machine until it stops being supported

Slackopup
4 months
7, nice clean interface and it's lightweight

Xubuntu
1-2 months
9, because of Chicago95. Minus one point for systemd

windows 95-2015
Thought it was the best, now I give it 2/10, it functions, sometimes has better software, but meh

ubuntu 1 week in 2009, couldnt get wifi going

mint 2 months in 2015, got me hooked on lchickcharneywockey

LXLE 2015-2016, loved this, my fav downstream distro of chcikcharneywockey

Decbian 2016-2017 id still be on this if I didnt pull my hair out trying to get it working on a air

opensuse 2017 , current distro,

Different user, but nothing really atm. I don't use APFS yet but a lot of people on the beta who do like it so far.

>ubuntu
>5yrs
>7/10
It's ugly as fuck, but it works with minimal fucking around.

>Windows 7
>a long time
>5/10
Really went to shit recently. Used to be good.

Time: Hours
10/10
Should I use Chrome or Safari, I have a MBP

Windows XP
7 years (switched when they dropped Windows 2000 support)
8.5/10

the fly in the ointment is the degrading performance of Firefox, but I found it to be slow on FreeBSD and Linux Mint too, so it can't just be the OS.

I tried to make the switch to linux (mint). I liked it and all but the lack of a quality music player ruined it for me. And it wasnt as easily customized as i would like. I have the perfect setup on Windows 7 with emerge desktop and rainmeter. I also like having my start button on my right click and i hate toolbars. Doing to linux what i did to windows is way beyond my scope, and theres still the no foobar problem.

macOS
2 years
8/10

It's really great for just doing general daily tasks/web browsing, far better than any Linux distribution I've ever used. Bonus is that it actually has pretty good software available for it. Points off because you still run into some Apple bullshit every now and again(antiquated OpenGL in particular effects what I do a lot) and you have to download some things for window snapping that isn't a huge pain in the ass. Also you're a fucking moron if you buy Apple desktop hardware and don't Hackintosh. The laptops are fine.

Windows 10
since whenever it released
3/10

It plays video games and runs the things macOS does not.

I've played with Linux a lot, hopped between most of the popular ones for years spending the majority of my time with either Debian or the popular derivatives. macOS does everything I asked of those but in a better and more intuitive way out of the box with a better software selection.

Safari if you care about battery life. Chrome eats through that shit like a motherfucker.

History:
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows XP
Windows 7
Ubuntu
Arch

Current:
Xubuntu
Rating:
9/10

Debian Stable w/unattended upgrades on shit I barely use
Time: About 4-5 years
Comfyness: 10/10 just works

Arch on my daily drivers
Time: 2 Years
Comfyness: 10/10 pacman blows apt (aka dependency bloat that never gets autoremoved) the fuck out.

Been running xubuntu for 4 years now*

Time: 3 years

>7.5/10
It's not the distro my brother, it's the DE. Try Mint Mate.

Windos 10
2 years
8/10

MacOS sierra
Since it came out
Rarely use it/10

Ubuntu 14.o4 trusty
3 years mb
8/10

Windows 10
2 years
8/10

I miss Windows 7 though

>OS
Windows 10 Home, currently on the Insider Preview.
>Time
Most likely a year and a half or two years
>Comfy?
Was a 8.5, but now that my laptop is fucking becoming an old turd and all of the ads and slowness everywhere it's turning into a 6.

Time: 5 years

Time: 5 years
Comfiness: 8/10

Time: Since beta
Comfiness: 7/10

All of this OS just works and my things get done by this.
Play games, write ms word documents, code, deploy, make memes in Photoshop

Arch
5 minutes yesterday because it crashed during installation so I turned it off. Gonna try my luck again today.

Install Manjaro
It's better cause have many editions, comfy graphical installers, and own repo for testing arch packages so updates do not break the system

I want to try arch though. Isn't Manjaro bloated?

i know this is a zoz, but.. other way around

OpenBSD
5 years
9/10 (GCC is extremely old, but luckily clang is in staging now)

Time: 6 months
Comfiness: 4/10

It would be alot comfier but everytime I have to reboot I lose my display settings so I get weird bugs till I manually set them in nvidia-settings, really annoying

Windows 10
Since release
8/10

Fedora 26
3 hours
4/10 because of rpm, used to be Ubuntu but I broke it and decided to go with Fedora, since Ubuntu is ditching Unity and their version of Gnome is pretty fucky ATM.

Windows OS
2006-2016

Fedora
2016-2017

CloverOS
2017-2017

Ubuntu
2017- now

Windows XP
15 years

Desktop OS: Gentoo
About year and a half now
9/10

Laptop OS: Kali
Nearly 2 years
5/10 but gets shit done

> Isn't Manjaro bloated?
You can use Manjaro-Architect

Windows 10
About 2 years
7/10

As always with Windows, it just werks for the most part. The main selling point of 10 for me though is WSL, it's incredible and makes my job a lot easier as I can use Windows and Linux tools side by side, no more having to fuck around with VMs or dual booting. I also haven't had any issues with things like ads, automatically installing programs, or forced restarts. Maybe it's because I'm using Pro, or the yuro version of 10 is less cucked. Either way I've had no problems apart from the occasional issue that you always get on Windows, only thing keeping it at a 7/10.

Linux
8/10

I hopped between Debian and OpenSuse from 6-11, then used Windows until I was 13 , switched to Mint, and then switched to Arch when I was 16. So I've been using GNU/Linux for 8 years, and used Windows briefly for 3 years.

mac os
since 2009
9/10

Oh wait I forgot the comfiness. Debian was a little hard for me. I had to do most stuff through terminal, but I sort of liked it that way. Suse was just confusing and came with a lot of shit, which wasn't good on my 20GB hard drive at the time. I think Mint was probably the most streamlined I used, I almost never had to open the terminal. When I used Windows, it was always very frustrating. Nothing really worked ootb, there was always some issue I had to fix, and I couldn't do much of anything through the terminal. Whenever stuff would break in Windows, I would have no idea why, and google searching the issue never turned up anything useful. I think when I finally switched to Arch, I really found my comfort zone. The terminal is an extremely useful tool, and even though stuff can break randomly, I find fixing it to be easy and fun most of the time. Strange to think I've been using GNU/Linux longer than I've been on Sup Forums. I even used it long before I really used the web.

Time: 25 months

Comfy: 8/10

Comfy: 7/10

If Windows is an 8/10 on comfiness, then Mint would be a 9/10.

Mint is not a 9/10.

Time: 11 years
Comfort: 7/10

>tfw autistic with 0 memory
How do i see when i installed linux?

Time: 2012-present
Comfiness: It's over 9000...

macOS
13 years
9/10

Work: Windows, 10 years, 7/10

windows
since 95
comfiness: 8/10

Comfiness 8/10

Time: 6 months

I installed Solus first on my ThinkPad which i use for uni stuff and then decided to double boot my desktop machine
Now it's my primary OS and i regret nothing

>t. Not a Kevin

Windows 7
7 years

alongside

Xubuntu on laptop w/ customized XFCE

Antergos
2 years
9/10

Raspbian
1 month
4/10

>graphical installer
you're counting dialog as graphical right

Arch
3 years
10/10

fucking manjaro fags

use antergos or arch-openrc (or just arch, if you're ok with systemd)

yes
also the "stability" touted is bs, plenty of buggy shit makes it through (though rarely system breaking, but this is also the case for regular arch repos) but you don't get it as quickly thanks to the tiny dev team comprised of morons

Archlinux
Time: over a year for this install, used gentoo for a year before and arch for years before that
Comfiness: 9/10, mostly because of KISS software and obscure software is available through the AUR

Debian testing 11 years
Comfiness: now 10/10
Etch/lenny: 6/10

Explained:
It was really hard to configure your system correctly back in the days, you needed even packages from experimental to make your fglrx work properly, update was unpredictable in those cases, xorg broke more often than it worked.
Now, upgrade is a no brainer, bumblebee works as expected, fglrx disappeared and instead you have 2 drivers that work perfectly, debian picked cinnamon and mate, along with xfce, so you have a plethora of options for stable DEs.
It is a time where I can without the slightest fear recommend debian to everybody, because it is polished and there is no needs to do hacks to make things work.

Windows 8.1
4 years
8/10 (with classic shell and choco)

Win 7 on Gaymen PC
5 years
9/10

Debian+mwm on X41
5 years
9/10

Win 98 on a PIII /w soundblaster 12
15 years
10/10

*soundblaster 16

Macos at work. It's nice, I would say 4/10.
Ubuntu at home, 9/10. Removed one point because they're ditching unity, otherwise would be 10.

>Unity

You mean that shitty Amazon botnet with no consistency in its UI elements, disgusting Bold Arial that shows up randomly, and wacky gray/orange/purple color scheme with hideous gradients and a top AND sidedock?

Literally the only good thing in Unity is the HUD, and that too got Cortanafied.

MacOS
3 years
8/10
(use it for everything besides games and programs running only on windows)

Windows 10
Got it just after release
2/10

windows 10
1 year before release via insider builds
8.5/10 ,
same rating applies for 7 as the switch was piss easy and the user experience is 95% identical , you get more features and a fancier UI , all other things work the same

windows 2000
10 years over various machines i use to play older games or use older unsupported hardware
8/10

Fedora
5 years on and off
8/10
Windows 10
Two years?
4/10

I have a Fedora 26 / Windows 10 dual boot on my T420 and it is the best setup I've ever had the pleasure of using. Windows 10 is a clusterfuck imo but it's always handy to have a Windows install around.

Void on my Libreboot X60 to satisfy my autism without compromising the stability of my main machine. :)

Been with Windows since the day I was born. I'm 22. It had it's ups and downs but lately it's mostly downs and Windows 10 is garbage so I moved back to Windows 7 which I always liked and it's fucking amazing. The only thing I don't really like in Windows 7 is Aero but it's not a big of a deal at all.

Overall, comfiness: 9 / 10
Including all the bad Windows releases: 7.456 / 10

Windows 2000/8 years/ 11/10
Windows vista/ 6 months/ 7/10
Windows 7/ 8 years / 10/10
Xubuntu/ 1 months/ 3/10
Windows 10 / 2 years/ 6/10

Gentoo
4 years
11/10

back to 9gag please.

Win7
>4+ years
>3/10
complaints:
>Too retarded to understand how it works
>Slowed down over time
>Takes time to `warm up'

Arch
>2 years
>8/10
complaints:
>I wish I had more time to fuck with it
>Once in a blue moon I have to jump through a few hoops when updating

Time: 13.5 years
Comfiness 10/10

ubuntu
6 years?
10/10

>OS
Peppermint
>Time
2+years
>Comfiness
just werks / 10

Windows
Since i've had access to a pc
Depending on which iteration of windows, between 5 and 7. It gets the job done, but hope i one day get my shit together and try out Ubuntu for real

>>not using zsh | lolcat

Desktop:
Fedora 8/10
Windows 3/10 (i'm too dumb to passthrough to a Vm)
Laptop:
Riced Fedora 10/10

MS-DOS 5.0
2 years
10/10

Windows 95-Windows 10
100 years? seens like it was all I knew my whole computing life
avg: 7/10-8/10

Linux Mint
3 months
7/10

Stop doing stupid shit on your computer fag.
Windows 10 isn't bad at all I just hate that tile look on the start menu.

Linux Mint
1 Year
10/10