/mkg/ - meme% keyboard edition
>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)
Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/46x3gs/guide_the_bottomfeeder_guide_to_mkb_shopping_ie/
massdrop.com/buy/38576?mode=guest_open
massdrop.com/buy/hangul-pbt-dye-subbed-keycaps-set
candykeys.com/product/varmilo-va88m/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is there no keyboard better than my Model M?

But that's just your opinion tho nice quads.

The model F exists

Not worth the price over the Model M

How dare you.

Sup faggots, just got my first 2 mechs. So far I am loving both. Gotta decide which one is going to the office and which is staying home

>He didn't get them when they were 50 bucks
There were hundreds of them for a while, until the hipsters found them. Occasionally you can find some being resold for 100-120 bucks

>tfw mexishit model m13
Also, nice quads.

Why ruin the look of the keyboard with that shitty blue keycap? Kinda curious about your thought process

Does anyone sell cherry profile JIS keycaps?

yes cherry used to, but now BSP owns that tooling

Aw shit tracking says my keyboard got delivered today, hype

what an odd coincidence, mine too

Someone sell me a model f for $100 right now

hello friends

Hey guys, I recently bought a BTC 78XX. Could someone give me some specifications on it? As it doesn't say what domes it has or what yeae it was produced in.

>Actually bought a $200 rubber dome
>No arrow keys
>No F keys

What's the cheapest set of black DSA modifier keys I can get?

HHKB cucks are the worst

I've heard Model M's are heavier when typing than Model F's, it this true?

I took a more artsy photo this time.

long tiem lurker first time poster
do you like it

Yeah.

I spilled tea on my old flossed Model M 'cause I'm retarded, now a bunch of keys have quit working. Opened it up to find about half of the plastic rivets have fallen off, so it needs a boltmod and if I'm gonna do that I 'bout as well replace the membrane while I'm at it. Not sure I wanna put that much effort into it.

I bought a redragon K551 with knockoff blues in it. It's not too bad except for the gayass gamer keycap font. I kinda like the "Cherry" experience, but god damn this thing makes a soft ringing sound for about half a second after a keypress on most of the keys. I didn't notice it at first but as I'm typing this in the dark and the quiet it's really fucking annoying. I'm giving some serious thought to selling this one and buying a Ducky One with real MX Clears in it.

Your thoughts? Is the Ducky gonna make this goddamn ringing sound?

no

The white spacebar, ESC key, and arrow keys ruin it

I like it, but I agree with

Any quality non BT mechs yet?

Link to keycaps now

Yes, there's tons. I mean, that's kind of a stupid question since there's been good wired keyboards since long ebfore Bt was even invented.

R8 my weeb keeb

>no f keys

conspicuousconsumption/10

hey dude, may I ask if you are in arizona? I only ask because that's my state, and I would love to go out and shoot pistol with you. I work at a gun shop and admire you collection. cheers m8

Keycap link please senpai

what ducky is that? what switch? i got ducky one tkl red cherry and i'm loving it so far. got another keyboard with zorro blue switch and it has a nice sound feedback

what keyboard is that?

DSA Wolf Mark mods
DSA Otaku alphas

Filco Minila Air

This guy is going to kill you

.....huh, why? I don't get ur meme's bruah.

The good feeling of oneness with cup rubber is unmatched. Going back to mx feels like shit.

senpai please tell me your secret, i am drunk

That's a pretty sweet little cannon

Is there a "red-like" spring mod for the Model M?

I bought a topre keyboard for $5 it feels like shit

Uhh, your only option would be to find a busted model f and swap springs. But I'm not even sure if that would work right.

what kind of keyboard is this?

I really like the aesthetic, lookslike a sunset with the orange esc

it was a nice collectors piece. I bought and sold it. did shoot it a bit, great trigger! I forgot what year it was becvause I am drunk right now. I think 76' but I forget, it was a couple years ago.

what's good under $100?

Just get a Tada68, you won't be disappointed.

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/46x3gs/guide_the_bottomfeeder_guide_to_mkb_shopping_ie/

Model M

What colors go good with beige? I'm trying to dye some gateron blanks.

hoi goys wat keyboard is best for programming :3333

this is probably more suited for a mechanical keyboard gore thread, but what the hell:

cheap velocifire with outemu browns and some 1976 knockoff caps. the keyboard itself has an unconventional layout to say the least. the pgUp and pgDn keys are actually right ctrl and right shift. the original left shift key was just small enough that I had to hack away some of the current one with a fucking exacto knife to keep it from bumping elbows with the Z key. it's a nice enough setup in terms of actual typing. looks alright from across the room. oh yeah, it also glows a sort of ghoulish turquoise color.

Why buy keycaps for a shitty board? You could have used that money for a better keyboard.

One that works.

Are these feel substantially different from a regular rubber dome? I'm considering the chink clone for my workplace because I need a quiet board there.

>flipped spacebar
you have to go back

post cheap 60s

>cherry used to

So literally no one makes after market JIS cherry caps for sale?

Weird.

Where can I buy QMX silencing clips other than Unikey? These faggots don't ship to eastern europe.

massdrop.com/buy/38576?mode=guest_open

So I have to wait months at best to get it. Thanks anyway.

What are cherry mx white? I see them as an option for the Pok3r drop.

>don't need a new keyboard
>gonna buy a vortex poker run anyway
Well I would give out a free Ajazz Ak33 for free if I knew a place where I could advertise. I like to give my old PC stuff to people whom can't afford newer stuff.

Anyone know where I can find these not on massdrop? massdrop.com/buy/hangul-pbt-dye-subbed-keycaps-set

What's the opinion on the vortex core? I can pick one up for 75 bucks and I'd like to try out a 40%. Anything I should know about?

Should I buy a model M or new keycaps?

Looking for a new keyboard since my plebian one finally stopped working.
>£100-200
>Europe (UK Specifically)
>Cherry MX Blues preferably
>ANSI
>TKL (80%)
>Preferably with backlight but not a requirement

>only for MX pcb mounted switches
>for plate or pcb-mounted switches

Shouldn't that be the same product? Why are unikey and massdrop stating different specifications?

I would if I could but no one's stocking up on them rn
Thanks, gonna get me a Magicforce 68
Honestly no one sells them here in my country

I'm very tempted to buy a hhkb right now, I know it's just a rubber dome but I want to try it.

Are aliexpress and kbdfans both out of stock?

I'm from the Philippines and if it goes through the customs, you gotta pay its price for tax. So I'd rather not ship internationally

candykeys.com/product/varmilo-va88m/

>Shouldn't that be the same product? Why are unikey and massdrop stating different specifications?
No.

Massdrop has both pcb and plate mount clips. For some reason they only showed pictures for the plate mount version. The picture you posted is the PCB mount version.

That looks pretty good, thanks

Does anyone have the Sup Forums switch type chart?

Thanks man. I meant the one that's more meme than informative but I'll save this one too.

>Thanks, gonna get me a Magicforce 68
Try to contact PCHub or Softbox Solutions on FB user. so you can get them cheaper. or get a tada68 from a local group buy

>Brown
>Worst switch
Which degenerate made this?

How is the Vortex Race 3? Is there any other 75% keyboards that are better?

It is the worst switch and the description is accurate. There is nothing good about brown switches. They are terrible tactile switches and terrible linear switches.

It's because I play FPSs, get over it,

It's not because

I space my posts

Like this

A Pok3r with custom keycaps from WASD, unfortunately I don't think you can customize PBT to the extent you can a full ABS set, I've seen ways of preventing shine, that I may try

Greens with inconsistently quieter clicks.

The best topre keyboard is CM novatouch.

Ducky one TKL w/ PBT side print and cherry clears. Ended up taking the ducky to the office even though it's slightly louder. Probably try to make it quieter

How do they compare? I need to buy a new mech and I'm torn between exactly those two.

They feel almost the same (I got both with clears) although the ducky is slightly louder. I really like typing on both of them but I haven't had them long enough to decide which I like more. Build quality on both is awesome although the vortex race was $150 instead of $90 for the ducky.

I'm about to order an NG0100 REALFORCE91U
I know the "91" means the number of keys (TKL JIS version)
Anyone can help me get sense of the rest?
I know realforce keyboards come in
>Fullsize / TKL
>various key weight and "ergonomic" weight distribution
>normal / silent switches
But i'm not sure which is represented by what symbol in the product name.

Dedicated numpad huh

Stop ordering JIS boards you know nothing about

Looks ugly as sin desu

឴>឴>឴62063372
No (you) for you fagget

>Pennsylvania Dutch master race reporting in
What's your approach se/mkg/pais?

Nice opinions you've got there.
I've tried pretty much every switch out there and browns are far from the worst switch.

>and terrible linear switches.
Maybe because they aren't linear.

>talk about struggles with typing fast a few threads ago
>get asked about how I'm holding my wrists
>never get an answer to my reply
So what is the correct way to position my hands for better wps?

Have your gf take a picture of you at your keyboard m8 then we can critique