So...

So, my college implemented this system where you have to take tests online with a special browser that locks your computer, records through your webcam and mic and you have to show your surroundings every test, your id, dress properly...in your room. I'm pretty upset and I actually feel like my privacy is being violated, since they won't allow to just take these tests in a classroom. How fucked up is this? What do you guys think. And I have to do it on MY personal computer, that's sweet.

Other urls found in this thread:

american.edu/library/technology/blackboard/upload/RLDB-QSG-Bb-Instructor.pdf
ebay.com/itm/HP-Mini-2102-Atom-1-67-GHZ-N450-80GB-HHD-2GB-RAM-WIN7-Webcam-Wi-Fi-/302420101715?hash=item4669a48a53:g:Hh8AAOSwNnRYmNUv
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/25473637
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/37003360
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he bought a mic and a webcam
You idiot

Fake and gay

Why don't you name the browser they are making you use and what school you go to. Dumb larper suck my cock

don't do it

I've used programs that locked your browser before so that you can't use google, but the rest of your shit is made up.

Also, I just use my laptop or phone instead, lmao. Why do they even try?

I'm pretty sure it's something they built, haven't even installed it but I've got a picture of the instructions (in spanish tho)

Ye ye buddy, translate it yourself

Spanish bump. Basically all the conditions required.

dont fucking install it its literal malware

Nvm seems like they didn't build it. Name is "Respondus Lockdown Browser" and "Respondus Monitor". Wtf is this shit.

Buy a cheap burner laptop. Get rid of it when you are done with college.

>it's real

The problem is that they are not allowing to take the tests on a classroom anymore, which is dumb as fuck

have you actually contacted them about this

Buy a Chromebook I guess.

Time to change schools

Guys I'm a cuck sorry

They told me that either I install it and use it like "everyone" or I drop the course with a refund of only half the money

If you HAVE to do it do it in a virtual machine
Then just alt tab out of it to use google etc

Jesus H Christ where do you go to school at?

Maybe get ahold of the EFF. This program is fucking cancer

Can't be a cuck when you're alone as fuck boy. But I got the message, won't use a nick anymore.

Stop hijacking m-my thread

This is the best option if you have contacted the school already.

what an ugly MBP knockoff. which one is it.. HP one?

Oh and I'm emailing rms about this, wonder what he'll think

Toshiba, can't check model right now...it just works and I don't have money to get a better laptop

i swear to christ college students are the biggest cucks in the world. should have joined the military you'd have more freedoms.

Take your tests in a computer lab on campus?

>Get second monitor
>get long cable for second monitor
>Mirror screens and put second monitor in another room
>Launch browser with mirrored screens
>Have friend look at questions on second monitor and feed answers using a 5$ chink handheld radio to a $5 chink headset you're wearing
>Ace tests

That would be amazing but they don't have webcam, ofc I assume not everyone in the course has a webcam so I'm feeling more problems to come with this whole situation

Connect a USB webcam to them? Buy a $5 chinkshit one.

If you want to stay on the course, your best option is to use a virtual machine.

alright, going to email some others as well as rms. What school is this?

I honestly don't want to scale this just yet until I speak directly (and face to face) with the Director of my department. I'll keep Sup Forums updated on the situation after that. Thanks for the help.

>his computer has spying devices and proprietary software installed

Want to go full Linux but I have a shitty broadcom networl chipset with pretty unstable modules.

I'm in a master's and PhD program with remote learning. They said something similar to OP

why don't you just drop out of school and carve your own path you dumbass cuck. Utilize some initution

If you can, say that you dont own a computer and have been going to the library/computer lab to do assignments. Do not install the software on your own hardware.

Buy an old Thinkpad, a cheap one, like between C2D and Sandy Bridge eras, to use as a burner laptop.

Can't you theoretically install the browser in a vm and add webcam to that vm while you google for answers on the host machine?

Not having the student take the test in a classroom with supervision is an absolute mistake

BUILD WALL

I bet you have a CPU made in the last 10 years.

Oh hey, it's the Lockdown browser. Easy enough to bypass. Just have a 2nd computer with all your answers. Also install it on a separate OS so you won't have to worry about privacy.

This, just use a VM that report back real pc stadistics, if it report the pc as "Virtualbox-pc or VMWare-pc, bios, motherboard" it would be pretty obvious you circunvented their methods.
Also, why don't you just boot tails and do the test from it?

>boot tails

From their website:
>Windows: 10, 8, 7
>Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher
>iOS: 7.0+ (iPad only). [...]
>Chromebook: (K-12 only). Details.

Close but no cigar

/thread

If this is a EECS course, I'd bang my head against the wall and you should too

1. Create a VM running windows, run the malware browser inside of that.
2. Pre-record yourself in an environment fake taking the test.
3. Use a userspace driver to fake a webcam, playing back the pre-recorded footage.
4. Jack off while using google to cheat on your test,

You convinced me with the jacking off

Lol, I'd just cheat. This sounds like some shithole third world country(or the US in 10 years) so I doubt they're rigorous. Cheat the fuck out of your tests.

What do you mean? Could you go more into detail how installing on a separate OS would help?

How?

WINE?

>american.edu/library/technology/blackboard/upload/RLDB-QSG-Bb-Instructor.pdf
Of course this would be a fucking blackboard product.

every university worth a damn has a proctored exam lab, theres just some lazy grad student who sits there and makes sure you dont cheat

if you can get it to work, sure

Better yet
>long keyboard and mouse with other monitor
>friend Googles and inputs answers for you

All those ridiculous ways of cheat you people are coming with.

just use a smartphone out of the cam field of view.

or fake the cam feed, but thats a easy way to get caught

No way the repetitive glaceing at something will tip them off.

I have an old Win7 laptop with an intel celeron processor that costs 2 dollars on newegg today. No mic. No webcam.

That said, it isn't uncommon for colleges to force their students to sign away their rights.

My university uses the same thing. I generally just tell my professors I refuse to use it because it's an affront to privacy and they give me a paper copy instead of fighting with my autism.

Seconded. VM is best option here.

Pick up this, and use it to take your tests.

ebay.com/itm/HP-Mini-2102-Atom-1-67-GHZ-N450-80GB-HHD-2GB-RAM-WIN7-Webcam-Wi-Fi-/302420101715?hash=item4669a48a53:g:Hh8AAOSwNnRYmNUv

Then use your normal device for everything else.

"I use Linux. How do I get your browser to work?"
>"It won't."
"Then how do I take the test?"
>"You need a computer with the OS's listed."
"Where on the class requirements sheet did it say I needed a computer with one of those OS's?"
>"It doesn't."
"Then you need to give me a way to take the test. I came to class with everything listed in the prerequisites."
>"Ok."
Solved.

this is horrific

Is this in Spain?

Also post pic

set your webcam to feed loops of Donald Trump wall rallies

This, go to your school and actually do this

just put it near the keyboard, just say you can't touch type

Feel good to not live in a third world country.
In my school we use only free software (OS and software).

sit in front of a greenscreen and use a webcam spoofer to make out you're in outerspace or something

s-sorry senpai, my antivirus blocked your software...

>Go to school and sperg out as hard as you can

Solid advice.

that's generally a sign that you do live in a 3rd world country though

>he doesn't just stream a loop as his webcam
kek

If that's the kind of shit that you have to deal with at your college, you should really look into transferring out.
Although, I'm fairly certain that you're just being a faggot and none of what you said is true.

ehh my college uses lockdown too. i just play it fair and installed it in another dual boot.
nice to read... archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/25473637

Does this really work? I am thinking about cheating because fuck college.

they check what you are staring at. The cam feed sounds like it will be easy to catch

My school does the same thing. Joke is on them my pc doesn't have web cam.

No it is true. If you do online courses you have to go through this.

T. I do it and I know other people from other unis that do too

I mean, a student that complains about legitimate things is a university's worst nightmare. OP has a solid case, but nowadays, having a computer/laptop is basically
>implied
when you go to higher education.
OP could also claim that the professor raped him.

No. The installer detect's it's being run in a vm and doesn't install.

Run it inside a vm.

Qemu can be configured to not report it's a VM. Watch some GPU passthrough tutorial for help in setting it up.

I would literally fucking yell at administration if they insisted I can't do it in their lab, and if they didn't back down right then and there, lawyers would get involved.

What firmware is your CPU running?

>la computadora
lol what a gay language

>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/25473637
>shit wont run on a vm?
Is he right?

My university has this too. I've only ever used it for one course I took online though.

we just had this fucking thread yesterday
>

huh.

I don't want to be spied on user

It won't run I've tried. Try the qemu config suggestion and report back, wish I could but am afk

Email the EFF about this.

It's up to you if you want to try some QEMU hackery to run it in a vm.

but yet theres no news articles weird

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/37003360

/thread

Linux saves the day once again by being utter shit.

>requirements have been updated
what now?