>2017
>still using systemd
>still believing systemd is not windows tier in every aspect

Other urls found in this thread:

getwired.com/2012/06/24/the-windows-registry-it-seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GNOME is far worse in the being-Windows-like department. They have a fucking registry (dconf editor)

>2017
>still not using systemd
>still believing systemd is the bane of linux in every aspect

I thought that dconf was only a wrapper/gui for config files

try to open one with vim/nano

What a diverse and cultural classroom!

The learning experience emust be truly enriching!

devuan should realize that a 16gig iso is a terrible idea and i dont know why but alien bob live slack never works on any of my hardware

t. debian guy (i tried)

What's with niggers and their desire to stand on the tables? Remimds me of chimps

Because white man doesn't whip them to death for such insubordination, hence the negro instinctually believes whatever it does is acceptable.

their simian instincts to reach high ground in face of danger.

What danger? Are they terrified of education?

yes.

Debian testing + sysv/openrc master race reporting in

We just can't understand them.

systemd, GNOME, dconf: all Redhat projects

sadly there are very few usable systemd-free desktop distros

What are the apes doing?

>sysv
>openrc

BUT which one DO YOU USE and why ?

REEEEEEEEEE

OpenRC can work with SysV. Up until recently it used to require SysV. Since he's using Debian he must be in the stone age so I assume that's what he's doing.

>stone age

implying like its a bad thing ;)

Is Void any good? I see people mention it sometimes here.

Why are so many devs obsessed with confing files in binary format? Everything that you can do with a text file you can do it in binary and the code to read it automatically isn't that complex either, it just makes it harder for everyone else.

It works very well for most uses, I guess.

I don't like runit, though. (but it's way better than systemd)

Here's a good article on the Windows registry:
getwired.com/2012/06/24/the-windows-registry-it-seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time/

Why GNOME is doing it? Not a fucking clue. Especially since they're repeating all the same mistakes MS did.

I am a pure maths student who uses ubuntu MATE. Name 1 (one) non-aspie-autistic-retarded reason not to use systemd. RMS doesn't give a shit about systemd btw.

it's riddled with bugs

>I am a pure maths student
and I'm a girl btw, teehee~

> still believing systemd is not windows tier in every aspect
It's just Linux as usual - nice progress. Go back to some trashy console init.d scripting if you like.

And feel free to use the much slimmer CVS instead of git when you program - lel.

go write some unit files

while you're at it you maybe write yourself a systemd Timer that reminds you of how much better off you are not having to maintain such a horrible crontab