Did intel just shit on kabylake buyers?

Did intel just shit on kabylake buyers?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10610/intel-announces-7th-gen-kaby-lake-14nm-plus-six-notebook-skus-desktop-coming-in-january
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anandtech.com/show/10610/intel-announces-7th-gen-kaby-lake-14nm-plus-six-notebook-skus-desktop-coming-in-january

>August 30, 2016

No, Kaby Lake was released August 2016 so it was time to release new products

Announcment doesn't equals release, dumbass.

Well they said Covfefe Lake won't be backwards compatible with Z170 like was rumored, that's shitting on Babby Lake users. It's not the slightest bit unexpected, but it is shitting on them.

Intel has been shitting on it's fan base for years.
Anyone who purchased an Intel 3700k-7700k is legit retarded.

Pretty much, yeah. They panicked and rushed 8th gen processors to put i3s and i5s into competittion again.

>anyone who buys a cpu with the best per-core performance is retarded

Desktop Coffee Lake when?
I'm ready to be disappointed.

October lmao
So much for August lauch

It's going to be a disaster just like entire X299 platform

Nobody who bought Skylake or Kabylake was going to upgrade to Coffeelake anyway. CPUs last more than 5 years before they need to be replaced.

No, but they did on the covfefe buyers by already announcing the ice lake chips.

Nah it'll be the last hurrah for bingbus but it'll be pretty good and probably beat Ryzen until Zen+/2

Why on earth would Intel not stick with bingbus on their low core count processors

kaby lake couldnt beat ryzen and kaby lake on a new platform with less pcie lanes will?

sure

Irrelevant comment
Oh so if I had a shitty laptop as my only PC in 2016, I would have been retarded for buying Skylake?

yes?

They can't push the silicone any harder at 14nm and 10nm is a mess for them. They might keep it around but it won't be much better in the future.

50% moar cores and a slight clock boost will do it. Most people aren't bandwidth constrained at the 8700k and lower levels anyway

MOMMY

Mesh doesn't solve anything at lower core-counts. Bingbus is still king.

Tell it to those who bought a Pentium or i3 hoping they will be able to upgrade to CL.

lel

The alternative was AMD, I fail to understand why you would buy such a shitty product.

sounds like a group of idiots who don't know intel

hey the 4790k is pretty nice and AMD didn't offer an equivalent

>fanbase
why does a hardware company have a fucking fanbase, what is wrong with you people?

They deserve it for buying jewtel.

Who still >Haswell here?

yeah nigga

>what are shills

Wish I bought Haswell. Now I'm stuck playing the waiting game.

I guess I agree. Haswell was the last half-decent upgrade Intel came up with.

I'm on a Xeon E5-2699v3 myself.

Kaby Lake buyers scammed themselves by falling for the scam known as Kaby Lake. If you unironically bought Kaby over Skylake, you're stupid for not saving yourself a few bucks that could have gone towards a better GPU or SSD.

>roll for damage control
>fail

They shit on the previous generation year after year after year, that is the whole point of their existence.

intel doesn't typically lower prices once a new generation comes out

is it delusional to expect 6 core 6th/7th generation i7 CPUs to drop to 100$ in around 4 years? I want to build a Ryzen PC soon but I still want my shintel computer to hang around.

But there are no reason to upgrade from Skylake to kabylake and haswell to skylake

all the skylake cpus were 30$ cheaper than their kabylake counterparts.

Depends on their current prices. And what the market will be like then.
For example because of Ryzen 3 and 5 used Ivy bridge cpu market has had a big fall in price.
If something similar happens then, you'll probably be able to buy a full system(excluding gpu) for not much more than 100$

Intel owner here, and I agree.

Never again will they fuck me over like with G2020. The CPU was supposed to be a TEMPORARY solution before the upgrade. The upgrade never happened because Intel.

What's so difficult about changing mobo? You'll sell your old cpu anyway just sell them together...

good goy

just fucking kill yourself mate, you're dumb trash

moar coars didnt help kaby lake tho
also a slight bump on the clock also wont help since the power draw will skyrocket

a whole 30 bucks
you sure showed me

>hey the 4790k is pretty nice and AMD didn't offer an equivalent
The fx 9590 wasn't up to your standards goy?

I wondered that too.
>fanbase
what the fuck did user mean by this?

intel was charging 30$ more for air
I'd waste the 30$ on beer

competition > profits > quality > customers

What about those who bought a FX-4300 to upgrade to threadripper only to be jewed by AMD

I already had a heater though

?

if anyone actually did this he deserves to get cucked. at least pentium/i3 owners can buy used I7s that'll hold them quite a few years.

tfw 8700K is better than a 7820X, 7800X and 1800X for productivity

Well maybe they replaced a Pentium 4
Like me :^)

But was your heater as powerful at select software as previous generations of i5 for the low introductory price of $1000. Based AMD was based.

>dumb poster is dumb

pretty sure he'll turn out to be correct

The i7-8700k looks like an i7-6800k to me.

man it's been four years and I still can't stop laughing when I think about it. A board at amd decided it was okay to release a processor at 350$ and a slightly better processor at slight more expensive price of 950$. that place must've been running by bunch of monkeys

the 8700k will literally be a rebranded 7800x with less of pcie lanes, higher clocks and only dual channel ram support.

It'll clock higher, allegedly have ipc improvements, and not be gimped by the mesh.

Just higher clocks won't improve productivity performance that much. Look at R5 1500x vs 7700k performance tests. Also we all know how great Intel's IPC Improvement Technologyâ„¢ is.

Bingbus instead of mesh, L3 is not victim cache and kaby lake IPC.
We'll see yet. Those are all the things that make Skylake-X as bad as Ryzen.

See

So, 6800k with less cachez?

Do I understand it correctly that the socket is the same but the new chipset will not work with Skylake and Kaby Lake which SHARE THE SOCKET?

Yes.
Did everyone here forgot desktop Broadwell?

Different cache is mroe important than less I suppose.
The big one obviously is the ringbus instead of that shitty mesh.
But the higher IPC(presumably obviously) may also have a little impact.

>as bad as Ryzen.
What's wrong with ryzen? It's basically broadwell, but cheap per 4 cores.

no it actually wasn't

Nothing. I was just being a little Sup Forums there.
Looking forward to seeing how that 6c/12t does against the 8/16 Ryzen parts though.

non enthusiast detected.

Coffee Lake will not work in Z170 or Z270.
But wether or not Skylake and Kaby Lake will work in Z370.
Is that it?

Being an enthusiast means more than being willing to have the biggest power bill on the block I should hope.

I meant to call you an intel fanboi.

Shhhh just let the braindead jewtel shills be happy in their fantasy land.

Wasn't me though

Intel? Shitting on consumers? No, no no. This literally never happened.

isn't 6800k broadwell though?

Yes. The 8700K will not be much like the 6800K. Infact I expect it to be better at pretty much anything.
Except having threads I suppose. Does "How many threads do you have? IPC and clocks do not matter -The Benchmark" exist?