Is a microwave worth it?

im not an american so its not common here to own one.

not worth, got one since im little. never used it other than hot Chocolate

It's worth, I'm not American.

No, it takes all the taste out of the food

Dont buy it, i use it just for those popcorns,nothing else. Any food from microwave tastes like shit.

Learn to cook

why do you want to die

If your supermarket has steam meals then yes get one

It's great for reheating leftovers.

i always thought this,
Who would buy a microwave just so that he can eat trash freezed food?

I use it like once a week for things like reheating food and making oatmeals. My roommates are using it everyday to make shitty ready food (it taste like shit, and is unhealthy af)

American
Haven't used one in 5 years

This
Or cooking rice

Do Americans actually make food with them?

You can cook some pretty decent meals on a microwave oven as long as you don't just blast everything on max

frozen veggies>?

>since i'm little

how do you reheat leftovers without a microwave? serious question. do you put it in a frypan or something? or put shit in the oven for an hour?

You put it in a trash bag and hide it up your ass for an hour duh

get a toaster oven instead

My parents don't believe me when I say microwave is not for baking, cooking etc. For some fucking reason, they believe that microwave is for baking and cooking.

tips for some tasty meals from microwave?

>cooking rice
>microwave
blasphemy

did you try putting it on a plate??

I thought you guys used those for your hot pockets

Anything that just needs to be boiled can be microwaved... Not necessarily the most efficient way of doing it, but you make do with what you've got.

>cooking rice in the microwave

I mainly use it to re-heat coffee

if you want to reheat leftovers and ruin their texture, heat some liquids, defrost meats because you forgot to get them out the night before they're fine

pizzas, stews, soups, etc, can be reheated on a hob or on a frying pan pretty easily and come out way better than being reheated in a microwave but yeah some stuff does need to be done in a microwave

cooking rice in the microwaves is one of those things that seems retarded at first, and the texture is a tiny bit different as a result (rice on the top layer is a bit dry), but it's done in half the time and is basically impossible to fuck up once you know how to do it
I mean if you have a rice cooker you'd always just use that right but if you want to cook more than usual in a hob you can't just double the rice/water and have it come out properly

Fuck I posted on a wrong thread

fucking manlets cant even reach the countertop to heat things up

It heats water molecules.. good for unfreezing shit and quick cooking or steaming occasionally

I use mine to thaw the inside of frozen foods so you don't have to fry or bake it as long (for health and cut down on cooking time)

if you don't mind soggy food you can use it for everything

Idk you got a hamster?

that's disrespectful towards rice it's unholy, you're taking a most healthy food for the human body and killing it's nutrients and turning it into poison
>:( yes i mad

>cooking rice in the microwaves is one of those things that seems retarded at first, and the texture is a tiny bit different as a result (rice on the top layer is a bit dry), but it's done in half the time and is basically impossible to fuck up once you know how to do it
A cup of rice takes about half an hour to cook, can you really put up with the annoying microwave beep for 15 minutes?
>I mean if you have a rice cooker you'd always just use that right but if you want to cook more than usual in a hob you can't just double the rice/water and have it come out properly
Get a bigger rice cooker. You'll never need to cook more than like 4 cups of rice anyway. Hell, you could even cook rice on the stove.

Worth what? You haven't stated a price.

I have a combi oven and microwave. Pretty good tbqh

I bought this back in 2004 for 1400 euro. Never had any problems. I love siemens

I use the microwave to re-heat leftovers, to defrost and to cook potatoes. they're pretty energy-efficient, last virtually forever (don't ignore if the fan is broken) and even decent ones are quite cheap. so yes, I'd say they're worth it.

Rice is just fucking carbs. Especially the white rice.

>microwave two sausage and blueberry pancake corndogs for breakfast
>microwave easy mac for lunch
>microwave hungry man or kid cuisine (whichever is on sale) for dinner
I would die without mine. not to mention heating up poptarts for snacks

>welcome to cu/ck/
cup of rice, clean it in hot water if needed
prepare wok(-like pan) with a few spoons of oil (to cover bottom)
drop rice in wok when oil is hot
set water to boil in a separate utensil
stir rice in wok with wooden spoon/stick/whatever so it doesn't burn
rice is ready when the seeds are separate from each other (not sticking together)
rice should not change colour (become orange like) it's just not necessary to heat it that much
allow oil to cool a little
water should be boiling now
add a bit of salt in water
pour water in wok
cover wok
lower heat
leave for 20-30mins to boil
after it's ready leave for 5-10mins to cool down (wok still covered)
add tomato sauce to rice
enjoy tasty healthy meal

I own a microwave but sometimes if you have like left over fast food like pizza or tacos it tastes better to put them in the oven or a pan,

For instance you can use pam or the non stick grease on a frypan and warm up your pizza and it tastes like it just got out of the oven, or if you have left over fried chicken you can put that shit in the oven to keep it's crisp, microwaves always soften the food or mush them whenever you use it

rice is best food along with beans

Aaah those good ol'days in Amsterdam

Beans are alright but rice is just empty.

rice made my penis bigger

That actually looks pretty decent. Never seen those before. Are they any good?

second dick
I fill my boxers with rice and about 150ml of water let it soak overnight
the best part is you get fresh rice to take to work with you in the morning after

Only black rice does that. White rice makes your dick smaller.

>black rice
there is only brown rice but it makes you drive planes into buildings

worth buying, you retard

What about convection "microwaves", are they dual purpose (as in dual cooking modes) or completely different?

I call bullshit on this.
t. Indian

No you don't nigger they're best cold

Yeah they are pretty good and fresh (they are kept in the fridge, not the freezer). The microwave steams them so the vegetables are also pretty crispy. In Holland they are called Stoommaaltijden from Albert Heyn supermarket and they have them with fish, chicken or veggie.

nvm, they are dual purpose

Sounds like a great concept. Healthy as well. Pretty jelly actually.

curry suppresses rice voodoo

>reheating cold pizza

shiieeeet

>700 watts

Fucking wattlets

some food can be reheated in the pan but microwave is easier

This.

I'm an Ameriburger and my supermarket has all sorts of steam-in-bag/tray/etc. foods. For obvious reasons they're good to take to work too, though I'd never bring this salmon thing for obvious reasons. But yeah they're great at home.

>not owning a 1100 watt microve in $CURRENTYEAR
wattlets out REE

In what kind of shithole do you live in ? Everyone has one in the first world

WE WUZ GRAINS N SHEEIT

>you're taking a most healthy food for the human body
Enjoy your arsenic

>can you really put up with the annoying microwave beep for 15 minutes?
What kind of microwave do you have that constantly beeps?

(((proofs)))

A cheap Sharp from 1999.

Yes. Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to throw out your range and oven. It's another tool in you kitchen to prepare meals. It saves so much fucking time, and here's one thing that microwaves, in my own cooking experience, do best: potatoes. Pop a six oz. russet potato in four four and a half minutes and it'll be more delicious than any boiled or stewed potato, and at a fraction of the time. No salt or pepper needed

do people bring their own food to microwave at their workplace in america?

I do. Prepared food has too much oil/salt/sauce/etc. compared to the food I make for myself.

not often unless you have an office job or something similar.
Other than that, people mostly just use their lunch break to go get something to eat at a fast food restaraunt or the like

>Israel News
Trust us goy, you don't have to worry about the arsenic

a true gentooman

They're great for heating my mince and cheese pie and putting shitloads of tomato sauce on it. I then go and fuck my girlfriend who is a sheep. Guess my nationality.

Welsh

I use microwaves to heat up left overs. Pretty much it
>Ruining the flavor or texture
I don't eat left overs for flavor or an enjoyable experience.

Clearly English, to be talking such shit.

You put it on a 7900x for a nanosecond.

kiwi

:^)

you know that different wattages are for different uses right?
Try unthawing your mince meat with 1200W I dare you

Not him but I thaw mince with my 1100W. They have power settings. The defrost button sets it to like a 50% duty cycle.

>thawing meat in the microwave

No, warm is better.

It works great. Obviously if you go too far you'll start getting little rubbery cooked spots and that's gross. But if you stop just as the frost completely disappears, you can eat two hours off of the thaw time in just two minutes.

You don't thaw your frozen bacon in the microwave so it becomes easier to peel apart?

You could always leave it in the fridge or sun or something but that much longer

Cold pizza is a fucking meme.
Cold anything is a meme.
Except for ice cream.
Why eat something cold when you could eat it hot?

The real problem here is
>freezing meat
Gross.

Don't be ridiculous. There are plenty of meats where the prep will radically change the texture anyway. Mince for pretty much anything other than burgers, bacon, organs, etc.

Thats what I am implying, the package only says warm up at 700w for x minutes

You can warm at higher watts but you have to adjust the cook time. If you leave for same amount of x minutes as 700w then obviously you fuck up your product.

So use algebra. 700W for X minutes is 700 Watt-minutes. Set the power level on your microwave such that you end up delivering 700 Watt-minutes as well.

Derp I meant
>700*X Watt-minutes