/ourphone/

Well Sup Forums? Is this the official Sup Forums phone?

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/oneplus3
puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
youtu.be/KMRwaQNs45k?t=4364
web.archive.org/web/20150206061135/http://puri.sm:80/posts/purism-librem-15-dmesg-output/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The fuck is that abortion? Looks like Android and iphone had a retarded flipper baby.

No, it's still the Oneplus 3/3T

Lineage OS is recent but should improve over time.

download.lineageos.org/oneplus3

>2% goal reached

yeah it will never happen.

if you say its a phone, then why does it look like a chink tablet?

looks like a scam with a half assed attempt of concept art

would be cool i guess

>no more libre than android or iOS
Literally pointless.

Any way that i can make this phone less shit?

Forgot the model: Lenovo A2010I36

literally

>puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
Is this another one of those devices where you have to pay a strangely high amount of money for a less capable device, because of the autism tax?

fool me once
youtu.be/KMRwaQNs45k?t=4364

-1:12:44

You can get AOSP, CM12 and some other ROMs from Russian forums.

hey that look's pretty coo-
>crowdfunding

Just buy an android phone (or an iPhone if you're feeling rich) and root the shit out of them.
there won't be any apps compatible with it.

>looks like a scam with a half assed attempt of concept art
They have already released a previous crowdfunded laptop. So far they have proven to be trustworthy. I was going to pass this up, but seeing that they will do a full refund if they don't meet the goals made me consider this again.

See what they promised and what they released

>Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU+Linux distributions
>CPU separate from Baseband
>Hardware Kill Switches for Camera, Microphone, WiFi/Bluetooth, and Baseband
This is everything I have ever wanted in a phone. I don't give a shit how much it costs, I'll buy it. I'm about to do the $599 backing and get myself a GNU/Phone. Fuck yeah! Once I get one I'll work on porting Sailfish OS or Android to it so that people have more options. Any news on what architecture it'll be? Intel Atom, Qualcomm ARM, or possibly custom hardware based on MIPS or something? My body is ready.

>*Specifications are subject to change.
and according to this guy
>-1:12:44
who bought a laptop from them. The specifications of what he ordered changed drastically, and shipped a year later.

>Specifications are subject to change.
I don't really care as long as they keep the hardware switches and the isolated baseband processor.

>CPU separate from Baseband
Hearing about the backdoor Replicant devs found a while back is the reason I still refuse to own a smartphone. But what makes it so hard to have an open source baseband?

>what makes it so hard to have an open source baseband?
Nothing. It isn't open source because they're hiding malicious code and it isn't properly isolated in most phones because it's used as a backdoor through the cellular network. I use Linage OS and my phone has a removable battery. I treat it more as a toy or a thing that I can use for convenience but never anything more. Proper hardware isolation should be enough, since the problem that you mentioned arises from the baseband processor bypassing the kernel and HAL to access devices like your storage and cameras directly whenever it wants. Of course the hardware kill switch is a nice extra.

GNOME, webapps again which alone signals imminent death - maybe not, since we have progressive web apps which are pretty cool, but still; it all reminds of dead webos which design has influenced GNOME (when gnome has turned onto that design paradigm? why and how?)

retards are trying to revive webos corpse AGAIN. Oh my god, why?

Look, it might surprise you guys, but it's not comfortable to open Activities view while holding the phone as you normally would, with your right hand alone. And asking - placing it specifically right there, in the top left corner so that you must tap or pull from there with your other hand - is arrogant as fuck.
This will be a harsh reality check for GNOME team - for tablets? maybe their de is ready for that, but on mobile phones - fuck off, no.

If they are as COURAGEOUS about their interface design as they normally are, they'd place that whole black top bar at the bottom, complete with clock and status icons, right at the bottom where it's easy to reach.
Like, that's actually something I'd imagine them do - it's unconventional - everyone has status bar at the top, it's an arrogant change - I expect people to backlash at it just because,, but it's actually more convenient - no more reaching your fingers for that notification shade or quick actions or something.
Here's what it could look like - it already looks much better. Search bar needs to be on the bottom too.
I hope someone from their team would read this and think about it. So far it doesn't look good or new. It doesn't do anything different, or even just the same stuff others do.

UI/UX is scheduled for 2018 though, so maybe there's hope.
>shipping in 2019
who in their sane mind would fund it right now
especially when they could've been working on mobile UI design since forever and we're seeing this safe shit

>one bar UI
Android did it right in JB(with custom roms you could even use it in portrait, I usually disabled home button in such mode), why the fuck did they remove it.

Sup Forums doesn't use smartphones.

android is doomed

>three buttons, no less! virtual, at the bottom
i personally like it better over the iphone's "one button" which does all kinds of different things by pressing it once, twice, twice and hold, just holding it, by licking, sniffing and pissing on it, but I think it could be done in a better way. Activities instead of Home and Recent apps, for example - sounds promising to me.
>but the clock and status icons MUST be at the top
o-okay? This is the kind of stuff we look at sometimes and just think "ok, it's been that way forever, but why exactly?"
>also app navigation is all on top too lmao
now this is where it gets really ugly - hamburger, actions, tabs, search - it's all on the top of the screen.
Three fucking bars - two on top and one at the bottom. Why? Fuck that noise, why can't it all be packed neatly at the bottom?

Yeah, JB. And then came Android 5.0 and fucked everything up forever by hardcoding this shit to the top LMAO

>android is doomed
in fact, very much so that someone at google has had their itch get so real they're doing new Good OS with Good DesignTM from scratch

I don't want what's on your picture on any Android version.

A true Sup Forums phone would shun Android as easily as it would an iPhone.

Sup Forums would end up with a dumbphone with a physical keyboard that allowed app storage on external memory. Android demands built in memory for it's google apps bullshit. And it can't be bypassed unless you suck Samsung's tiny asian cock to jailbreak the device. Smartphones are for normies, but dumbshits cling to them for no intelligent reason.

>$599
>crowdfunding on their own site

I knew freedomfags would bend over for anything but come one man, have some standards

AOSP extended was the best rom for it, imo.

what the nigger fuck did they mean by this

forgot pic

They meant that they were too lazy to run the shit they were typing into a spell checker.

But what could they possibly mean by this:
web.archive.org/web/20150206061135/http://puri.sm:80/posts/purism-librem-15-dmesg-output/

My phone is broken. Having difficulty deciding between rushing out to buy new hotness expensive samsung or the like or getting an outdoorsy chinkphone. These two blow my mind, I did not assume anyone would be making a phone that is this resistant to the elements. Maybe on small days could even handle surfing for cool selfies.
I like the battery on the Ooukitel K10000 and the flashlight. But it doesn't seem to exist yet and I can't find a release date anywhere.
The Ulefone Armor 2 does appear to exist, have better specs and I really like it only has 1 port, even though I would have to use gay adapters to use headphones and stuff with only 1 port I can definitely tape it down and take it in the ocean without fear of any water getting in.
This would be my first experience with chinkphones but they both seem to work on US networks? I'm in Guam and currently use Docomo Pacific as my provider.