The municipality of Scamsung

>the municipality of Scamsung

>owning a botnet tv
Deserve what they get desu.

>allowing something you own to be remotely accessed by anyone other than you

hehe shouldn't have turned off telemetry, goyim!

works for me :^)

>allowing something you own to be remotely accessed by anyone other than you

Well you're using something with some form of CPU, so you're not following your own advice

I don't understand the point of having a Smart TV.
It's like a smart shitter to me. Why?

>(((smart))) tvs
just fucking connect it to your computer ffs

>letting your botnet TV phone home
Lmao. These are the same Gooks that will start WW3.

Apple TV doesn't have this problem.

you simply buy a new samsung, i don't see a problem there goyim

You're a white man. This shit is for the nigger cattle.

all the best videos are on VHS- free from DRM.

Trade in your prison TVs.

It's more of an internet of things thing.

moar like the internet of pings

You faggots, I set my parents up with one and now they can watch netflix and hbo, plus all that other crap without fiddling with the chromecast or whatever.

It's a godsend.

macrovision

>without fiddling with the chromecast or whatever.

I taught my tech illiterate mum to use a chromecast in under a minute. If they're used to their phone, tablet or whatever the switch is easy.

Do they sell non-"smart" TV's in the current year?

When I eventually upgrade my TV (currently still rocking an "HD-ready") I want it to work exactly like a computer display: I send a signal over HDMI/DP -> it shows it.
Is that even still possible in the land of TV's?

>I FED MY PARENTS SOME SLOP YEEEEHAW!!!!
>NOW THEY'RE NIGGER PIGS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

cool

basically no panel worth buying will be separate from some dumbass "web os" bullshit
best case scenario is it works perfectly out of the box and you block it on your router

Fucking hell.

Just because a TV is smart, doesn't mean you have to use it. Never connect it to your WiFi or LAN and it'll just operate as a normal TV.

>internet of things
I fucking hate this so much. Eventually I'm going to go live out int the woods without power.

Reminds me of the time my mom complaint about losing her TV signal from time to time.

After ruling out the TV signal as a problem, I unplugged the Ethernet cable from her TV and it's been working perfectly ever since.

I share that feel.

But I wouldn't be able to live without muh electronics.
I'll probable end up killing self.

Better do it soon, then. Plebs love their gadgets that make life more lazy and will buy them as soon as they are available. Ass wiping machine controlled by app > Having to wipe ass manually with toilet paper > muh freedums. It's going to be fun when the Russian's (or will it be the Chinks?) hack them all, lock Granny McBoomer in her own home and set the central heating to 125F.

>$20 worth of materials put together by Chinese slaves
Is it any surprise?

>buying samshit
after their phones becoming bombs you guys should have stayed far away from this company.

SAMSHIT IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING

Smart TVs were a mistake, and not only Samsung.

Apple TV isn't a TV.

Some people use it. I don't however. Got my kodi box.

Why the fuck do TVs need updates. Whatever happend to TVs just being screens you plug shit into.

Why? They've always done well in Britain

That stopped around the time they were connected to the internet and starting coming with always on microphones (For your convenience).

>falling for the smartv meme

If you,re older than 18 you are suppsed to remember that Samsung is a company known for making throw away goods even cheaper and worse than chinkshit.

What changed since then?
Only the price

That's literally what all modern phones allow through the baseband. I hope you don't use a phone.

>setting up your parents household with literal botnet
They trust you, and you give them this? You're a terrible child.

Sony is the patrician choice, Samshits and LGcucks need to fuck off.

Samsung TVs also spy on you.
Can record audio without you knowing.

>Using the Smart Features on Smart TVs.

But why? I literally have a Samsung Smart TV right in front of me. It's hooked up to a Roku 3. The TV itself has no access to the internet, and I only have the Smart features because there wasn't a 1080p Samsung without it at Walmart (where my work purchased it).

Pic related.

Sony also created the most affordable sound bar that is worth a shit. You can nab this for under 100 bucks if you're willing to look.

chromecasts in my experiance have been bi weekly tech support calls from people who know jack shit.

amazon fire stick is less of a pain in the ass then chromecast is for a tech retard, but a tv with the shit built in tend to work the best with retarded people.

My dad is the kind of guy who has a desktop full of saved web pages on Windows 10. He can still manage to get a Roku Stick to work without issue.

>Buttmad Applefag

>desu
Fuck off pedo

>don't connect tv to wifi
>phones still talk to it all the time

I mean, do they make anything other than SmartTVs these days after a certain price point? It's like you people are advocating not buying TVs until they stop with the SmartTV bullshit (which isn't happening any time soon).

I assume you're talking about Wi-Fi Direct. You have to actively connect to the TV for it to "talk" to it.

If you never connect to the net and never connect anything via Wi-Fi Direct, there's no communication going to or from it.

Hell, my work's samsung only shows the Roku 3 as an option, despite my iPhone 6s sitting about 2 feet away.

Did he really made thqt picture.

never used roku, chromecast and the amazon stick were the only bought ones, and the smart tv in the living room.

The smart tv does everything, the chrome cast had syncing issues and was a general pain in the dick to set up over and over again, then got my mom an amazon stick with a remote and has not had an issue since.

Yeah. The problem with Smart TV's, other than the spyware, is the fact that they lose support like 2 years after release at most. Ususally, it's a year.

At which point, people wonder why the company bothered to include it at all, when it probably added at least 50 bucks to the cost of the thing, and you could get a streaming stick for 40 bucks, and have it be supported for 5 years (at which point, you just buy another streaming stick).

This. The Roku 3 (4200) dropped in March of 2013, and its still getting updates, four and a half years later. And considering the 2nd Roku Stick dropped in April 2016, and has a similarly specced processor, you can bet that the Roku 3 will see support until 2019 at minimum, maybe even 2020.

Samsung is the scummiest tech company out there.

They even make Sony look good.

>worried about botnet TVs
>uses chromecast

>goes on Sup Forums
>website remotely accesses device

Are you retarded?

>people wonder why the company bothered to include it at all
1) being able to market it as such, remember more=better
2) more shit on board = more shit to break = a reason to get yourself a new one

our samsung tv is I want to say from the first year the super bowl was broadcast in 3d, or th year before. the thing still works, everything still updates, I cant remember if the tv os itself updated as It has been a long time since I used it but netflix works still.

as for why? and should listen in too

when the tvs were first made and only a few manufactures had 'smart' capabilities, it was an added cost, but now, a 20-30$ board at the very most is all that's needed, and because everyone can make a smart device, its a value added thing rather then pass the cost on to customers. but at the same time, its hard to tell because passed a certain point (our living room and budget is passed that point) there are no tvs available without it even when you go with really sketchy out of country no warranty tvs.

>connecting your TV to the internet

why do people do this?

I think you are confused.

I'm unaware that the superbowl broadcast in 3D. Must have cost a small fortune to have a party, with all those glasses one would need to buy.

are there any good 4k tva without all the botnet features? seems like a lg or Panasonic 4k 43 inch monitor is the only choice

> a phone that is a bomb does well in the Caliphate of Anglostan

>watching television

literal plebs