Lineage OS

Is this worth it? Is it stable?

it is absolootly first class sir! pls to be flash and rate on XDA

t. Arvind Muttuswamy

It is, actually, if it's official.
Otherwise it's probably maintained by some Pajeet.

>look up yt videos of "alt" android OS'
>ALWAYS an indian

why

fucking this

lots of pajeets and chinks use different websites, do the math moron

Poverty.
They can't afford decent phones, so they're forced to buy spyware-ridden junk and make the most of it, which invariably involves replacing the OEM's software. You see a similar phenomenon with Western NEETs on this board unironically claiming that their backdoored, half-broken ROMs running on 4 year old phones are superior to modern flagships.

Curry OS

Said the guy with gapps installed on his phone.

camera and torch are both a buggy mess on my phone.
otherwise it's good.

The last version of CM is still better.

>install RR 5.8.3 "made" by some pajeet with his shitty kernel
trash sot, gpu runs oom randomly
>install RR 5.8.1 maintained by german guy
everything works perfectly

this
the fork for my s6 is awful, whereas i have official lineage on an old phone which was running android 4 stock and it runs far better

Depends on your phone. If it's open and popular then LOS is as stable, or even better, than stock.

>stable
That battery drain

that...

unfortunately true
my sdcard corrupts about once a month and its apparently an issue with a lot of phones with lineageos now
and updates are still a mess, downloading from the built-in updater will fail almost always

>using LOS just like that
But it has no fucking settings. At least use some derivative for fucks sake.

Been using an unofficial Pajeet version for my Redmi Note 4 Global for the last four months. No issues, 18~ hour battery life if I'm not emulating PS1/N64, works perfectly. Why haven't you taken the POOpill anons?

Why do indians use these alternative OS' so much?

Money doesn't make sense since the phones are running android to begin with, how are they saving money by flashing a custom rom

>money doesn't make sense
Money could make sense if the ROM in question improves performance. Then they could buy a cheaper budget phone that otherwise would be uncomfortably slow to use, then flash it with a ROM that gives it usable performance at a lower price point

because their phones are equivalent to the flagships we used to get several years ago.

The custom rom scene back then was a lot more active than it is now. Its not needed for a good flagship as they dont lag and have all the features you want.

The only westerners that care are tinfoil hat neets

Depends on the phone
My chinknote 4 runs LineageOS without any issues.

I am a sand nigger myself and can confirm

I am running CM 11 on a galaxy S3 because I want to squeeze whatever performance I can get from it since I'm stuck with it.
I can afford a xiaomeme redmi note 4 but I've gotten used to samsung's amoled.

I will probably upgrade early 2018 with any samsung flasgship that launches with android 8.

what's wrong with the ba

First worlder here and I used my S4 since the day it came out until a week ago

fuckin great
good battery life and shit

If the phone has a good dev community, yes.
I had a redmeme 3S, and the GPS would make the phone reboot sometimes. It failed me when I needed it the most.

You're saving money because LOS extends device's lifetime way beyond what the manufacturer planned for it. And in extreme cases of manufacturer bloat it will work better than even newer models. Samsung proved time and time again that you can't just throw money at the device to make it run fast.

i usually use derivatives of it or AOSP. They almost always run better than standard Lineage OS.

There's nothing wrong with an old phone but waiting for 10+ secs every time you want to launch or switch to uber or google maps is annoying with something you use everyday.
Not to mention the chink replacement batteries that all died on me from brand new within 5 monthes of usage.

Not for my phone. CMs were awfully buggy on my S4, but since Lineage everything just werks.

You won't be able to run CM if you buy a new Samsung. There are phones with AMOLED that have strong dev community.

Pretty solid, I've been running it since CM went under

Why aren't you using the official LOS?

Why would I buy a new phone when my lg g3 gets official lineage support and it still runs perfect
Bunch of faggots buying a phone every year, what a waste of money

Still using mine, works pretty well without gapps

I don't even bother with stock OS anymore. I get a phone, fiddle for 5 minutes with it, find something I don't like and then flash something based on LOS or CAF. They are consistent in the experience. Sure, there may be bugs, but that mostly depends on the phone, and I do a research now before the purchase. Haven't used any stock ROM for any significant amount of time since 2013.

Worth it, Samsung S5 here

Anyone using it on an S3? might change it for my even shittier samsung since it only gets an unofficial pajeetware port

I have it on my axon 7 and it is really good. A massive improvement over the stock. All I see are Pajeet memes instead of real criticism.

There, got it just to flash various shit on it. The stuff is still wild and often incompatible with each other(like custom kernels for OOS have troubles on LOS), but everything already works. And it's been only like what, two months? They even got camera blobs working somehow.

Doesn't offer anything that special, and depends on your device.

>axon 7
My nigger. There are still a few minor issues, but the experience is way better than stock.

I got it new at $300.

The value, quality, performance, aesthetics are all way better than I expected. Chink phones are making big moves.

I've only used it on my Moto G4 Play. It's flawless. Actually using ResurrectionRemix now, which is clearly based on Lineage (TWRP backups reveal this, the names RR uses include "Lineage") but has a few particularly nice extra features. Again, it's flawless.

People talk about how it hardly does anything new over stock as if it's a bad thing. It isn't. The point is that it only adds a few useful tweaks, and isn't some huge bloated piece of trash.

Show bobs and vagene

>using pajeet rom

kindly do the needful and install my ROM
bugs: you tell me ;)

>tmw no webm support at my rom

Not (you)

But also part of the axon7 masterrace

Its good and nice battery life but i prefer ressurection remix

Steve Kondik isn't a pajeet, he's a white burger, a former engineer in Samsung.

Don't support shitskins, they're stealing our jobs. Find a white master race version.

Why don't Pajeets use their own sites like the Chinese do.

t. pajeet

what's better about it?

oreo when

No I do not use Citibanks "dome" of the world OS on my Phone, my desktop, my computer and I'll thank you not to bring such propreitry desu shit to our attention in the future!

Not the same user, but
What phones are you talking about ?
As far as i know there's the oneplus 3 and nexus 5x

Call me when it supports a dark theme

implying that flagship priced samsungs and lgs (most of the market share) aren't spyware ridden