ITT: Awful companies which make awful products

I'll start

razer, holy fuck

Their programs are bloated, antiunix, disgusting trash.
Their license isnt even really free.

What kind of fascists wants their software free to be used by nazis?

I used to dickride motorola because they made great phones but recently they've turned to shit, or rather their only redeeming factors are gone.

Coincidentally owned by lenovo, although that doesn't factor into why they are shit

oh wait. they're dead

>that doesn't factor into why they are shit
i'm sure

can you get any worse than flash or acrobat reader?

Yeah, by making everything a subscription.

they didnt even make Flash
i like and hate it at the same time. They made pdf which is pretty good, they made photoshop, premiere, flash as an animation tool and after effects but at the same time a lot of shit

I don't get how a company can have software that's been literally untouchable for over a decade (gimpfags please go) but then have the other half of their lineup be so unbelievably shit that even normies know that flash is bad

Microsoft™

Acer makes pretty nice gaymen monitors. Their QA also seems to have improved a lot recently

fuck. acer monitor, lenovo desktop..

I'm in love with asus' zenbook, who much consumershit are they?

the alternative would be a latitude

Acer:
Got a laptop from them. Month after it (my main machine) stopped booting, I call up the company to ask about sending it in. Pajeet says "Oh yes, it'll take 2-3 months to fix".
Nigga what.

Lenovo:
Same deal, basically, except arugably worse. This time it was just a cosmetic issue - part of the bevel holding the keyboard down just decided to gtfo, and it just so happened that that held the entire keyboard down. Bevel not attached = keyboard doesnt really accurately respond (or in some cases just not at all) = no computadora. Why the fuck does it take 2-3 months to replace a case part?

I have an Asus gay ming laptop. It's a heavy piece of shit, but so far pretty damned reliable.

Lenovo desktops are great though

It's their consumer laptop line (particularly the ideapad line) that's piss

And even then it's leagues ahead of acer

>The 100% fresh, free-range, ethical browser
This is out of hand

HP laptops

jesus christ it took 3 hours

>tfw I had a cable from them that literally kept my Gamecube from turning on
>wasn't even a power cord or some shit, it was a GBA connector cable

There is literally nothing wrong with HP laptops.
My Stream 11 and 2570p both turned out great.

they're good though

+1 on this. recently bought the xb271hu and it's great all around

Hp has some event laptop but they also have the largest selection of cheapo Walmart laptops that are barely good enough to run minecraft and are filled with bloat wear.

Msi has the highest failure rate of gaming laptops that I've seen

LG has the highest failure rate of phones that I've seen

Apple has the worst design that I've ever seen, with so many laptops that literally scratch themselves

It is free while respecting others' freedoms too. The best kind of free.

>Lenovo desktops are great though
Usually blow up after 4 years
>It's their consumer laptop line (particularly the ideapad line) that's piss
Agreed, those are terrible

There is, when you're trying to install Linux
Never had a machine that gave me as many issues as my HP laptop

>prebuilt desktop

I would definitely recommend against MSI at all costs.

I bought one of their "gaming " laptops december 2015, and it has been a horrible experience.

BIOS update prevented windows from booting (not linux though). Nothing fixed this, tried everything.

The painting fell off partially after a month.

Completely broke a month ago while using it for web browsing, being rendered unable to do anything.
Debugging led me to find out, that I would have to replace the mobo, which would be very expensive (since CPU and GPU is integrated into it).

3/10 experience, at least it worked for a small while.

Asus was founded by ex Acer employees Whitacre tired of Acer's shit.

But they are mostly fine on Windows, other than them sometimes corrupting the boot partition for some reason
But its nothing you can't fix within a few minutes

disagree about Acer and Asus, I have a 10 year old Acer laptop still going strong and a 8 year old Asus one that still works despite some malfunctions and overall bad treatment.

I also have an Acer Switch tablet that I'm happy with.

I like Acer...

>Posted from my Acer Laptop E5-575

HP printers

>I would definitely recommend against MSI at all costs.
Same, but never tried their laptops
Had an MSI board, it was basically burning itself to death
It would sometimes crash under load, and it smelled like burnt electronics when it did
But it never completely failed
Ran an undervolted FX8350 fine until I upgraded to Ryzen 1700 and a gagabyte X370 gaming 5 board

They might have changed since then, you know?

I've been using an acer monitor for just about 10 years now. Sure there are nicer out there but it gets the job done and is easy on the eyes for long termp viewing.

in the mid-2000s asus boards were really the finest there was

I've been using an MSI board for about 5 years now. It's been super stable, has decent options in the bios. Mostly I just forget that it is there.

their products aren't shit, it's the way they are advertised and executed

Don't have much problems related to their hardware, only minor ones...

BUUUUUUUUT

HP Support is SHIT, that thing alone keeps me from buying HPuke. Hail Dell.

lenovo is fucking flooding the laptop in france.
The only laptops that are advertised are lenovo's.
I just get one valued a 1000 youro for 499
fucking great and the screen is god tier and it would be perfect if they werent such fucking chink jews they hard locked the gpu max temp at 62°c to boost the warrenty
cant game for shit

>LG

Not only that, sent my bootlooping G4 for repair in March to LG

>As of today they haven't sent it back, phone was fixed mid April according to the technician...

FUCK LG

Definitely, also, any program coded by HP.

Everything but Apple.

Acer
Asus
Sony
Toshiba
HP

>sony
its fucking sad tho how the mighty have fallen
you can still see that some of their design philosophy is still intact in some of their products.

>had Acer laptop 15 years ago - used it 3 years without issues, still works
>got a travelmate 5years ago at work - still using it without issues
>GF got a crap tier cheapo Acer 4 years ago - yet to do any repairs on it

What's your point m8?

Meanwhile :
>get a Dell XPS m1330 - mobo dies after 1 year, drive fails after 2,5y, optical drive fucked after 3,5 years
>get a HP probook - mobo fails at year 2, not worth the repair
>get a thinkpad at work - fucking keyboard dropped through

I'm on a swift3 right now and I'm happy with it.

You're not wrong. I just love thinkpads. Which has roots with IBM.

Really? I've been using the same Acer flat screen for over 10 years now and it's still working great.

I had 2 of their mice, both of which broke and fell apart on their own.

>not posting the hideous new logo

This, I can't stand their crappy gamepads.

>creative cloud clusterfuck (including that one time when they locked everyone for one day and didn't even want to refund for it)
>malware delivery platforms such as Flash and Adobe Reader
>there were graphic design exams in Poland where they REQUIRED their overpriced shovelware
>they didnt even make Flash
Well, they bought it and failed to maintain it properly.

>windows 10 comes out
>people still defend them

>release a gimped product
>everyone clones them
I can't stand all these chink android phones without a headphone jack.

I've dealt with one of their cheap laptops. They seem to replace dead hard drives with ones that are about to die. Where do they get that crap from?

I've dealt with companies that would forget about warranty repairs and I had to call them to remind that they went past their repair date a while ago. At least they replaced a screen in my smarpthone once with a higher resolution one that came only in a variant of the same model sold in only one shop.

>mfw use mad catz mouse
>mfw absolutely based

razer
lenovo
acer
thermaltake
samsung phones

Wow, try reinstalling your OS?

Somebody deserves to be shot for these atrocities.

Also they are jewing their customers out of money for ink, the cartridges last for thousands of pages after the printer complains that they are empty.

Anything owned by Koreans, Chinese and Taiwanese.

Taiwanese
>planned obsolescence because of really cheap components

China
>absolutely dogshit products that will break within days/weeks/months

Korean
>overpriced gimmicks

It is not free while disrespecting others' freedoms too. The worst kind of """free""" invented by that jewish crook stalledman

you know i got an acer laptop some years ago, and the problem isnt the hardware but fucking windows 10, once you can figure out all the little fucking things that need fixing, it works like a charm

The wifi connection is shit but I can't say anything bad about my u430p other than that.

Why is the ideapad line considered bad?