Why doesnt Sup Forums invest in their technology...

Why doesnt Sup Forums invest in their technology, rather than just buying affordable garbage that goes obsolete in 1-2 years time?

I paid a lot up front for this Mac Pro, but it's been my only computer for almost a decade now, and its still going strong.

Because Sup Forums is mostly overflow from Sup Forums and r/pcmasterrace these days

Why don't you upgrade to Sierra?

Because the cheap shit usually works better than a 1500 dollar laptop for most of the core-Sup Forums's needs. Programming and shitposting.
Don't forget we aren't all a bunch of hipster faggots who only have a laptop. Most of us have pretty decent specced PC's.

08 mac pro can't get Sierra

Dobson?

its not technically supported, but you can upgrade. just requires a little more work.

>we aren't all a bunch of hipster faggots who only have a laptop.

you cant be considered a hispter faggot when you have a mac pro though. no one even knows i use mac

>obsolescence is when some corporation says so
>obsolescence has nothing to do with the user themselevs
Not even worth a smug anime girl.

I've been on the same computer for 10 years almost

a computer becomes obsolete when it can no longer handle normal every day tasks.

lots of older hardware brick when running modern resource intensive browsers. and after a few years most computers can no longer keep up with modern gaymes and video editing etc.

(You)

>>invest in their technology

>buys fruity toddler toy

>normal every day tasks
Who decides what's normal? More importantly, who decides who decides?

How much did you pay for it? I paid 80 dollars for my laptop in 2010. Haven't paid a penny since, and I'm using it right now without issue. Eventually, I'm sure I'll have to change out the HDD, but other than that, I'm set.

I'm still on a Thinkpad T520 I bought on clearance when the Tx30s were just coming out. Something like 5 years ago now, no signs of dying yet.

apple shit is cute in its own way
i wish i had a couple of trashcan macs for fun
but at the end of the day a custom pc and linux btfos mac any day

Yeah. I know what you mean. I wish I had an Ouya to put on my bookshelf, just as a novelty thing. That said, it's a horrible game system.

Same could be said for my windows PC.
I7 870, GTX 680, 12GB RAM.

It's mostly kids and NEET poorfags, obv.

Oh god. The feels. It's been _so_ long but it feels like yesterday

My ouya is hands down the most charming-adorable piece of technology I own. I regret almost nothing about getting one.