Since when was windows good?

Since when was windows good?

>w**dows
>good

Because it ding dong diddly never breaks, unlike linuxetty ya pinhead freetard.

>windows is bad because I'm too stupid to disable the telemetry

inb4 "but it's literally impossible to disable it! what's a registry btw? xD"

>W**dows
>Good

>windows 10 graphical shell
>20MB memory usage
>any loonix graphical shell
>300MB memory usage
wtf i thought freetards were good programmers and windows was written by pajeets

[opinion]
7 was okay. 8's Start Menu sucks. 8.1 allegedly sucks a little less than the aforementioned but still had "apps" and the "app store." 10 held a figurative gun to your head to update, mugged you anyways, and keeps coming back like clockwork because it knows everything about you and where you live.
[/opinion]

Only good windows was a WfW 3.11

where is that settings please

>but still had "apps" and the "app store.
You don't need to use metro apps and you can disable the store entirely if just having it on your computer offends you so much.

>10 held a figurative gun to your head to update
You can disable forced updates if you're a retard and think you don't need security updates.

there were better DOS shells than Windows

W10 is okayish OS but still it does not respect your privacy and no matter how good OS they build if privacy is not top5 priority they can fuck off

it's a policy, he even attached the screenshot

Name any please. I am still unironically using DOS these days and would love to switch to something better than windows shell.

Quikmenu 3

Probably Windows hiding 90% of its processes in generic process names like servicehost. Also stop using fucking Plasma it's a piece of shit WM. Openbox is good if you prefer Windows, and the default Debian WM is more mac-like if you like that.

I don't know how to answer this question but when I was a kid I had to use pic related to navigate through the files.

>dat DOS/4GW which I could see at the start of every program/game and could never guess what it meant bc no internet then
>dat guessing if my sound card is 'sound blaster 100% compatible' or 'Sound Blaster AWE'
>dat feel when Tomb Raider 2 is too demanding for your hardware but you play anyway bc you're a 10 year old kid and don't give a shit
>dat feel when there is a literal turbo button on your PC's case
>dat feel when you first reinstall Windows all by yourself at the age of 11; shit feels like hacking then

Good times.

thanks user
I feel ya bro. Been there too.
Also, NC is a file manager. I would say calling it a shell is a bit far fetched.

I always set this to 3

Microsoft can't improve Windows if they don't know what is going wrong

its 5gb the cleanest windows full install since windows 2000?

If something goes wrong you file a bug report. That's how they know what's going on. The telemetry is there because people are too fucking stupid to do that, and now a guy at Microsoft can write a script to skim your keyboard input for credit card info.

Win2K was around 700MiB and XP around 1GiB if I remember right, I haven't done a clean install of either of them in over a decade.

That setting hasn't existed for almost two years. The updated version makes it clear that it still sends "minimal" data no matter what. There's no way to de-botnet it completely.

what does the "disabled" option do on top left?

>If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, users can configure the Telemetry level in Settings.

The only "generic" pseudo-processes that NT 6.0 has (virtually nothing has changed in the kernel since Vista save for the undocumented telemetry) are "System Idle Procecesses" and "System". One is literally designed to waste the processor's time while it's sitting idle, the other one is a "placeholder" for worker threads. The GUI runs in Ring 0 and I have no idea whether it's even possible to view how much memory the thingibingies running in kernel mode are using up. The user you replied to is probably right.

top kek BTFO

Since NT. But it got shit after Windows 8.

>gpedit.msc
>Computer Configuration
>Administrative Templates
>Windows Components
>Data Collection and Preview Builds
>Allow Telemetry
>see window in screenshot
Wow that was hard, it only took me 10 seconds to look that up on docs.microsoft.com

Only way to 100% debotnet is to monitor network traffic through external hardware and block the IPs used by Windows to send telemetry data.

>doesn't disconnect from the goyim wide web
It's like you want to be part of the botnet

>ITT: retards complaining about botnet when they're using a CPU from within the last 10 years, are connected to the internet, and in all likelihood own a cellphone

Lol, SSDlet. Now install Visual Studio on it.

it's not a full install
i know because i made that screenshot, it's a heavily stripped down copy of windows, NOT a stock installation

>projecting
The post

people often say that you need a 128gb SSD for windows , they look at me confused when i say that a 60gb is more than enough
pic related , this is a fully up to date windows install in windirstat
the big bloaters is \users (after a while , as it contains download folders and the likes) and hiberfile.sys , core windows is sub 15gb

>he can't put his user folders in a separate partition

i dont need to , i just empty/move my dl folder and then \users is like 3mb

I can set up my homedir in an entirely different drive, and never have to worry about my boot drive getting too full.
Linux 1, Windows 0.

Why is your resolution so low lol

>have to jump through a million hoops just to make windows usable
So much for the "just works" bullshit. Yeah fuck that timesink OS lmao

i can set my download and picture folders to be somewhere else , ezpz
also i have working audiodrivers and can literally remove PCIe devices in sleep mode w/o a problem (ive changed graphics cards before like that)

>You can disable forced updates if you're a retard and think you don't need security updates.
Windows updates break more than they fix. The hell are you talking about?

>not using enterprise

Soon! Wait for Windows Workstation, it will destroy Linux in universities and industries. However Linux is still supreme in data centers. :(

Audio drivers on linux are only an issue with a couple of badly-written programs.

>users is like 3mb
If you don't count all the appdata shit, sure

Windows 7 is the last good Windows OS.

the last one i liked was server 2003

>insulting someone for not intuitively knowing where microshit hides its jew tricks
fuck you.

Never.